FAQs about Asylee Green Card Process & Other things.

Yes and sometimes NO ... Depends with your comfort.

I decided to get RTD to avoid the hustle that being afraid traveling NP especially if it gets lost abroad it gets asylees in hot water

Thank you for your reply.

Apart from being afraid of loosing National Passport. What other risks do we have here?
Will this cause problems during my citizenship interview?

thanks for your help buddy

What is meaning of “Name was Updated” status on USCIS case update site?​

Attachments

• DC804A3A-11A3-4F1C-92B0-09613D173E54.jpeg
    DC804A3A-11A3-4F1C-92B0-09613D173E54.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 33
For granted asylum cases, how do you update social security card from restricted to non restricted?
You have to make an appointment with the SSA to come in and show your new documents. At the moment most SSA offices are closed due to the pandemic though. I've been trying to a while and can't do it yet.

You have to make an appointment with the SSA to come in and show your new documents. At the moment most SSA offices are closed due to the pandemic though. I've been trying to a while and can't do it yet.
What kind of new documents do you mean? Approval letter and EAD?

What kind of new documents do you mean? Approval letter and EAD?
I agree with Lulii16. Bring your I-94. You can use your EAD if you don't have a driver's license as proof of ID. But do not use the EAD as proof of unrestricted work authorization. Like Lulii said, they'll probably won't give it to you bc the EAD has an expiration date. You can bring the approval letter if you want, but the letter itself is not proof of work authorization. You need the I-94 + ID.

When your status cannot be found it means the case is locked by your IO for approval & should be updated through CRIS/ USCIS-CSSO soon. Congrats in advance.
My asylum case was issued NOID in Oct-2020 and I filed a timely Rebuttal to NOID.
I have not received the final decision as of now (June-2021), and my case cannot be found in the 800-375-5283 system.
In that 800 call it said "status for this receipt number cannot be found at this time in this automated system".
I'd appreciate if anyone could share his/her insights.

After long wait
Asylum granted 02/2018
Got green card 01/2021
Right now
06/2021 submitted N-400 for naturalization.
I dont want to wait 4 more years
I am getting old I just join the Army
After finish BCT you can apply for naturalization right away.
What’re the requirements, benefits for joining the military?

This could trigger a RFE, asking explanation for the reason why you renewed your NP. You should not renew it for whatsoever.
BUT, In your Original Asylum claim if you feared from Government that could trigger a issue. If you feared based on Certain group of people. that you can easily overcome this RFE or any explanation if they ask .
I hope that does not negatively affect our case. He is not looking to travel, but my partner had renewed his passport after submitting his I-589 so that he would have some valid form of identification that wasn't his ID card from COO. At that point, he had only received the receipt letter. He is not looking to travel with it, especially not to COO, and I do not believe he is specifically claiming persecution by the government; he was citing affiliation with certain groups of people.

Timeline:
Submitted I-589 - August 2020
Receipt of I-589 - September 2020
Biometrics - February 2021
Interview - June 2021

Arlington Office...... currently waiting for the decision.

For granted asylum cases, how do you update social security card from restricted to non restricted?
Just apply for a new SSN card. it comes with no restrictions. Officers at SS don't know about restriction or removal. After grant of asylum your restrictions are removed immediately.