FAQs about Asylee Green Card Process & Other things.

First, congratulations for your approval.
you don’t really have to do anything special here. Don’t do anything illegal, make sure you stayed in us for 1 year before you apply. You’ll need to do medical exam and submit the results along with your GC application. So make sure you’re healthy, and do required vaccinations so you don’t waste any time once you stayed for a year.
Healthy or no healthy doesn’t matter at all! It’s only 3-4 diseases disqualify from getting the GC and even after you get the denial letter the USCIS waive it and give the applicant the GC so healthy or no healthy doesn’t matter at all and honestly people who have medical conditions now get their GC faster as they qualify for medical reason expedition

When you get approval i-485 you can start the process to join for me active duty 2.5 years
Or a lot of people I met are National Guard only 3 years contract NG is a part time and you can go to college for free most of state offer college tuition.
Can I ask a question that can I join NG while my I-485 is pending? I was granted asylee in 2019 and submitted I-485 in 2020 but it's been 13 months and my application is still pending.

I send my green card application and I got receipt number, it says on website;
We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC*******. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.
What does mean NBC is good place processing or they gonna send other place, anyone know something?

And can I do something to speed up processes? If you know something for expedite you can reach me via private message.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Can anybody here confirm that address change can trigger making decision on asylum case?

Hey guys,

Do we get any refund for the EAD after asylum approval? I got only my A05 EAD not the refund. Please let me know.

Thank you.

Hey everyone, it’s been a while, and it seems like this forum is not as active as before.

I won asylum in July 19th 2021 and I just recently applied for a green card through adjustment of status, and so together with the form I-485 I filed form I-131 because it’s supposed to be free if you do it this way.
Turns out I got a rejection letter for the for I-131 because I haven’t sent the fee!!!

I wonder if it’s because I got the fee for the I-485 waived, through form I-912… any opinions?!

But what left me more worried was that together with this rejected form they sent my I-693 back and I’m wondering if also was because I corrected the S on my email field on the form.
In any case I don’t think I’ll care much about it

Hey everyone, it’s been a while, and it seems like this forum is not as active as before.

I won asylum in July 19th 2021 and I just recently applied for a green card through adjustment of status, and so together with the form I-485 I filed form I-131 because it’s supposed to be free if you do it this way.
Turns out I got a rejection letter for the for I-131 because I haven’t sent the fee!!!

I wonder if it’s because I got the fee for the I-485 waived, through form I-912… any opinions?!

But what left me more worried was that together with this rejected form they sent my I-693 back and I’m wondering if also was because I corrected the S on my email field on the form.
Yes, if your payment is waived for I-485 you need to pay for I-131 or I-765.

Thank you so much, lekarstvo!

That would make a lot of sense.
But I still don’t understand why they sent my I-693 (medical evaluation) back without an explanation, or without a rejection form or anything. The I-693 came together with its original envelope, cut in half, and a xerox of the page of the original USPS envelope I used to send it into.
That’s still super shady for me. I don’t understand and I don’t like that at all.

Do you have any opinion about that?

Thank you so much, lekarstvo!

That would make a lot of sense.
But I still don’t understand why they sent my I-693 (medical evaluation) back without an explanation, or without a rejection form or anything. The I-693 came together with its original envelope, cut in half, and a xerox of the page of the original USPS envelope I used to send it into.
That’s still super shady for me. I don’t understand and I don’t like that at all.

Do you have any opinion about that?

I have no idea about that. I would contact to someone thru Emma first.
But after reading hundreds of posts, I can say sending I-693 with I-485 application is the best way. Last year I didn't send it along with application because I was thinking that form could be expire. But they changed it, after doctor signed it you can send it anytime.
About your case, I don't know what is the best way. If you think you need to make changes, make those changes. You may need to wait until you receive I-797 for 485. Because then you will know where is your case and your case number. If you have already got them, then you can send them to interfile. here you can find a lot of useful info about interfiling I-693 Link

Hello my friend, I’m sorry but for some reason I couldn’t reply to you yesterday.
For some reason also I cannot talk to them at all, so I sent them an email yesterday and I’m waiting for an answer.
Yes, I already received the I-797 for the 485.
Thank you very much for all the information, I think I’m gonna try the inter filing!

And yes, I did send the I-693 with I-485 application. But for some reason they rejected it, without a Rejection Notice or deficiency notice, and haven't sent anything asking for another one yet.
So I think I'm just gonna send it to this address of the National Benefits Center in Kansas. The address I got from the confirmation of the received of the I-485... and wait! Thank you so much again!

And yes, I did send the I-693 with I-485 application. But for some reason they rejected it, without a Rejection Notice or deficiency notice, and haven't sent anything asking for another one yet.
So I think I'm just gonna send it to this address of the National Benefits Center in Kansas. The address I got from the confirmation of the received of the I-485... and wait! Thank you so much again!
Don’t send anything until they send RFE otherwise everyone on reddit or other fourms said whoever interfiled it with the i-485 got another RFE later for medicals which means the i-693 that was interfiled was lost as expected! Make sure the medicals are sealed in a legit way and go check with your doctor about the dates on the form ! There must be something wrong they will never send it back unless there is a mistake

Oh my!
I wonder what could have been possibly wrong
100% there’s something wrong so take the envelope and go check it back with the physician doctor made to ya and also don’t interfile anything until they send you RFE ! The RFE wont make you wait for years it will take extra 2-5 weeks so it ain’t a big deal but don’t risk your i-693 and send it back with RFE with barcode so they can allocate your file real quick

Hello Everyone,

I have a question. I included my spouse to my asylum application i-589 from day one and in few months we'll be submitting the green card application i-485. I am confused if my spouse falls under principal applicant or derivative applicant ?

Both of ours new i-94 card is similar (granted asylee status) and our travel history has been deleted from the system too. I would appreciate if anyone with the similar situation like ours could explain this.

Apply it again. When you do it this time also add the receipt notice i797 of your green card application. probably that was the reason they rejected yours.
i applied it twice. and both time i did not pay anything.

Hello everyone,

Have any of you applied for a visitor visa for your parents while holding an asylum green card? If so, could you please share your experience, the process, and the success rate?

Hello everyone,

Have any of you applied for a visitor visa for your parents while holding an asylum green card? If so, could you please share your experience, the process, and the success rate?
I have, my parents got denied every single time. but I think it has to do with the fact they had some other immigration issues years ago before and the tourist visa is completely at the interviewers discretion VS immigrant visa that holds higher power (legality)