FAQs about Asylee Green Card Process & Other things.

Everlyn

Yes and sometimes NO ... Depends with your comfort.

I decided to get RTD to avoid the hustle that being afraid traveling NP especially if it gets lost abroad it gets asylees in hot water

Thank you for your reply.

Apart from being afraid of loosing National Passport. What other risks do we have here?
Will this cause problems during my citizenship interview?

thanks for your help buddy

DoubleAA

Registered Users (C)

What is meaning of “Name was Updated” status on USCIS case update site?​

Attachments

• DC804A3A-11A3-4F1C-92B0-09613D173E54.jpeg
    DC804A3A-11A3-4F1C-92B0-09613D173E54.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 17

zman44

For granted asylum cases, how do you update social security card from restricted to non restricted?
You have to make an appointment with the SSA to come in and show your new documents. At the moment most SSA offices are closed due to the pandemic though. I've been trying to a while and can't do it yet.

TomRiddle

You have to make an appointment with the SSA to come in and show your new documents. At the moment most SSA offices are closed due to the pandemic though. I've been trying to a while and can't do it yet.
What kind of new documents do you mean? Approval letter and EAD?

zman44

What kind of new documents do you mean? Approval letter and EAD?
I agree with Lulii16. Bring your I-94. You can use your EAD if you don't have a driver's license as proof of ID. But do not use the EAD as proof of unrestricted work authorization. Like Lulii said, they'll probably won't give it to you bc the EAD has an expiration date. You can bring the approval letter if you want, but the letter itself is not proof of work authorization. You need the I-94 + ID.