FAQs about Asylee Green Card Process & Other things.

After the asylum approved, after 1 year i can apply for green card but I have a question about how long valid that’s green card. 2 years or 5 years or 10 years?

Do we have to wait exactly 1 year or can we apply 3 months before 1 year?
You need to wait 1 year to apply. When you get your green card, the date on it is 1 year back. One of my friends applied for gc in November 2019, got his gc in June 2020, the date written on his gc “resident since June 2019” . So basically, they’ll return your 1 year on naturalization process, you wait 4 years instead of 5 to become citizen.

Do we have to wait exactly 1 year or can we apply 3 months before 1 year?
You need to wait for at least one year. If you travel outside US during that one year period, you need to wait exact amount of days you been outside the country after you return.

You need to wait 1 year to apply. When you get your green card, the date on it is 1 year back. One of my friends applied for gc in November 2019, got his gc in June 2020, the date written on his gc “resident since June 2019” . So basically, they’ll return your 1 year on naturalization process, you wait 4 years instead of 5 to become citizen.
Now I have a asylum approve letter, but I’m not sure which date is my approval date. When I get green card they will put on cart this date or?

Hi everyone any of you filed form G1145 "e notification of application petition acceptance" with the package of i-485 ? I filed last week but there is no any notification from them, actually form says after 24 hours they will send a notification with receipt number ?

I-485 application sent - 30th January 2020
Received receipt -3rd February 2020
Biometrics on - 3rd March 2020
Status updated to fingerprint were received - 4th March 2020
Status changed to RFE was sent -15th July 2020
RFE letter received - 20th July 2020
Replied to RFE was sent - 31st July 2020
Status updated to RFE was received - 4th August 2020
Statues updated to new card is being produced - 24th August 2020

In your Medical Exam what tests and Vaccines did you get?
Becuase i need to get MMR i have to wait 1 month for lab results.

I applied for my 3rd RTD, received and processed 100 days ago. I was not called for biometrics. USCIS applied my old one on my case. Still waiting
Do you still need RTD if you have your NP valid for more couple years and travel abroad for a month? Of course not to the COP.

Hey guys I need your valuable opinion regarding RTD.

My Asylum was approved in Oct'18, so in May'19, I applied for passport renewal only to have an additional Identification. I didn't know at the time that it would create any issue. I never had any intentions of traveling back to my home country now or ever.

So, while filing I-131, Application for Refugee Travel Document. There is a question on Part 6, 3.b Since you were accorded refugee/asylee status, have you ever applied for and/or entry permit of the country? My answer is 'Yes' but it mentions that "If you answer "YES" to any of the following questions, you must explain on a separate sheet of paper. Include your name and A-number on top of each sheet.

Did any one here had any similar experience? Even if not, your opinion is appreciated. I want to know how to answer that question.

Thanks

This could trigger a RFE, asking explanation for the reason why you renewed your NP. You should not renew it for whatsoever.
BUT, In your Original Asylum claim if you feared from Government that could trigger a issue. If you feared based on Certain group of people. that you can easily overcome this RFE or any explanation if they ask .

Do you still need RTD if you have your NP valid for more couple years and travel abroad for a month? Of course not to the COP.

Yes and sometimes NO ... Depends with your comfort.

I decided to get RTD to avoid the hustle that being afraid traveling NP especially if it gets lost abroad it gets asylees in hot water