Expedited Passport

I checked the delivery status of the mail (from the link provided in the passport status email that I received) and here is what it says:

Label/Receipt Number: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xx

We attempted to deliver your item at 6:22 PM on August 28, 2007 in XXXX, TX 75xxx and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I have not received any notice and we were home at the time of delivery mentioned in this status. Who delivers U.S mail at 6:00 PM anyway? I am puzzled and worried. Has anyone ever had this happened?

Picked up both passports (my wife's and mine) from the post office this morning. Life is good. They said it was a usual status text that appears if they scan the package at the arrival station after hours. Go figure.

Oh, the naturalization certificate was in the same envelope. I think that when you order overnight delivery, the certificate comes in seperately. Not sure if that is a good reason to pay for over night delivery though.

Anyway, I have the passport back within 15 days after applying and with no overnight delivery. Hope this information is useful to others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... That is very fast processing for you. Mine is still in a pending up to now. It will be 3 weeks by tomorrow. I don't know when they are going to process my application....No answer from them.

Passport received

All,

I just received my passport today and it comes with certificate of naturalization. I applied on the same day of my oath ceremony Aug 21st, paid $157 dollar for expedited fee without paying the overnight. Too my surprise, I received the package today (Aug 29th, 2007). This is certainly a good news for those who're waiting for passport as the processing time is getting shorter.

Good luck to you all.

-H

I don't want to keep my hopes too high, but as someone else pointed to me it seems that the West Coast is seeing faster expedited passport processing than the East Coast. I applied a couple of days later than you, let's see when I get my passport.

PS: My online status changed this evening to:
"When you applied, you requested Expedite Service."

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your state?
I am living in New York. It has been 3 weeks gone by of my PP application and I still have not seen any on-line status updated when I checked it this morning. Not sure how many more days I have to wait.

I think it is depending on how luck you are to get the PP sooner vs later...!!!
Some people who got their Expedited PP just for a week and some has to wait for at least 4 weeks.
My friends got their expedited PP just 9 days and I have to wait for 4 weeks.

What is your state?
I am living in New York. It has been 3 weeks gone by of my PP application and I still have not seen any on-line status updated when I checked it this morning. Not sure how many more days I have to wait.

I am not sure if this question was for me. I didn't put this information earlier because it is already in my signature. I live in the San Jose district office area, that's California. I think the passport went under the jurisdiction of the San Francisco passport agency, but the package was actually sent to an address in Los Angeles. I am not sure whether these changes in status mean that my passport will be handled any faster. Let's see. Good luck with your passport.

I just talked to customer service and they said the agency just started to work on my application. I will probably receive my PP in next week if I paid for overnight service which I did.
Hope, this news is true...!!! There will be 4 weeks to get the expedited PP.

Please reply!

hi all!
I am planing to go to my local passport agency next week. I already got the appointment. I will be traveling within two weeks. I will be very thankful if anyone can answer this question.

I need a visa as well, so I will bring the visa application(for proof) and confirmed Airline booking(copy). I want to buy a ticket after I get a visa since I do not know how long it will take to get the visa.

Do you folks think that I will need a ticket??

DOS Website says that local passport agencies serrve those who are EITHER traveling or submitting their visas for forign travel within 14 days.

Please reply!! regards, dude

All,

I just received my passport today and it comes with certificate of naturalization. I applied on the same day of my oath ceremony Aug 21st, paid $157 dollar for expedited fee without paying the overnight. Too my surprise, I received the package today (Aug 29th, 2007). This is certainly a good news for those who're waiting for passport as the processing time is getting shorter.

Good luck to you all.

-H

same thing here but I paid for overnight both ways!

I am in NYC.
I applied for expedited passport on the same day of my oath (8/16/07), paid $190.55 (67+30+60+16.25x2+1.05 money order). I got my passport and the certificate in the same envolope on 8/24/07.

I guess it all depends...

- 08/09 - Applied Expedited PP Plus Overnight delivery (paid nearly $200.00) at New York
- 08/31 - My PP is still a pending with no reasons.
- It is going to be processed at Washington DC but no sure when????
- Please share if anyone has the PP is being processed at Washington DC. How long does it take for Expedited PP to be processed at that location?

Received PP within a week

Applied on 8/23 Expedited with Overnight both ways
Received PP today 8/31

supporting docs

Received PP
Letter says they will send supporting docs separatley
when can I expect docs?

Are you in the East coast or West ?

Dallas, Texas.

When I applied at local post office, my expedited PP app was sent to Los Angeles Pass Port processing center. The address showed it as sent from Houston Passport Center to Los Angeles Passport Center. I guess, they send the expedited to one central location based on East/West coast.