11/13/2006 - N-400 Priority Date at VSC
12/04/2007 - N-400 Finger Prints
05/30/2007 - IL received from VSC
07/12/2007 - N-400 Interview at Buffalo NY District
08/09/2007 - Oath ceremony
08/09/2007 - Applied Expedited Passport plus 2 ways overnight delivery
08/14/2007 - Passport On-line Status as being processed
09/06/2007 - Passport status on-line still "being processed"
Still patient to wait for the expedited passport to arrive. Hope I can get it before my trip out of country on 09/17.

Is anyone in New York who has expedited passport waiting for more than 4 weeks? Please post if you are also waiting for your expedited passport more than 4 weeks long. Thanks,

Received passports today for my wife and I. Two weeks exactly from the time I applied for the expedited passports. Still waiting for my child's passport. Passports arrived without the certificates, which I guess will arrive in a few days. Child passport application changed from expedite to routine and back to expedite in the status page. It was saying routine I think for all of yesterday and part of today. The passports are electronic e-passport for whomever is still keeping track of this. I doubt they are issuing any old style passport nowadays.

Quick question, has it been your experience that a passport for a child applying under the child citizenship act of 2000 takes longer to process than the parents' passports?

as most of you have predicted, two days after it posted online, my passport status changed from routine to expedited

how long does it take after passport is sent for them to send the original nat cert back?

thanks

Passport Renewal Timeline (for Minors)

While most of you probably care for first time passport issue, here is a feedback on Passport Renewal Time for Minors (these expire every 5 yrs):

- 3 weeks for routine service :)

I have heard a similar case with 2 weeks routine this week.

08/09 - Applied the Expedited Passport with 2 ways overnight delivery
09/07 - Check the passport status on-line and it is still "being processed"
It has been in processing for more than 4 weeks. I am worried this morning and don't know I can go out of country on 09/17 or not.
I am wondering if the background check is required to process the passport or not. I never have any criminal record or speeding ticket since I have been here in this country. Please share if you know.

While most of you probably care for first time passport issue, here is a feedback on Passport Renewal Time for Minors (these expire every 5 yrs):

- 3 weeks for routine service :)

I have heard a similar case with 2 weeks routine this week.

I heard someone else's first time passport came thru in couple of weeks with routine service.

I see two issues common to these:

1. The forms in all cases were printed with 2D barcode
2. Submissions were made very recently (perhaps the 'surge' in manpower is helping clear backlog.

Passport processing times changed to 6-8 weeks

Hey Guys,

Here's what I saw at the DOS website regarding routine servicing
Passport processing times.
If you apply And Choose You will receive your passport within about

At a Passport Acceptance Facility*
or
By Mail (for renewal, additional pages, and amendment) Routine Service Within 6-8 Weeks
Expedited Service**
Plus Overnight delivery service for:
Sending your application and Returning your passport to you About 3 Weeks (door-to-door; see note below)

So the routine servicing has gone down from 10-12 weeks to 6-8 weeks.
Good Job.

However I still won't bet the ranch on this as yet.

My timeline.

Interview and Oath - 07/19/2007
Passport Application - 07/21/07 (Routine Sevice ; did not have the heart to
give another $60 to this whole immigration money swindle)

7 weeks up this weekend 9/8/07.

Did anyone in here know how long does it take to receive the expedited passport plus overnight delivery at Washington DC agency?
My expedited passport has been processed for more than 4 weeks already and it is still not completed. Thanks if you can share.
I am start getting worried about my trip plan on 09/17 today.

Rcvd e-mail, Passport mailed

Folks,

I got an e-mail stating that the processing has been completed and the
passport has been mailed.
"You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 09/12/2007."

So I am hoping to get it by 9/12/2007.

Kudos to the Department of State. Good Job

Passport Applied - 7/21/07 (Routine Processing)

Passport status for my child changed some minutes ago to "We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you." I should get it tomorrow. I actually found out this because I had provided an e-mail address to receive updates. Thanks everyone for help and encouraging words. I think this pretty much completes this expedited passport chapter. Well, I still have to get the passport and the accompanying documents, so I am not out of the woods yet.

Did anyone in here know how long does it take to receive the expedited passport plus overnight delivery at Washington DC agency?
My expedited passport has been processed for more than 4 weeks already and it is still not completed. Thanks if you can share.
I am start getting worried about my trip plan on 09/17 today.

My take is that if you have a trip coming up in less than two weeks, call them up and let them know, they might be able to speed up things. Do you have tickets or any other proof of travel?

Some good news for all

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2007/sep/91868.htm

I guess the people applying in the future starting now may not have to wait so long.

lngo07, your case may be one of the last ones affected by the delays. In any case like Huracan suggested you should be able to mention your upcoming trip to speed things up. In any case you still have 10 days to go and unless some kind of a lead time is needed to get a visa or something you will likely get your passport in time for the trip.

-KM

I did mention to Customer Service my travel time on 09/17 and my expedited passport has been processing for more than 4 weeks already.
At the end, he/she told me to wait and wait because my passport has not been completed yet. Nothing else they and I can do except to wait until I get the passport end of stories.
I was so disappointed and frustrated why it is taking so long to process my passport. All my sisters received their new passport in about 10 to 14 days.
I never have any criminal or trafic tickets since I have been living in this country for 15 years....Not sure what is going on with me but I have to wait for such so long time to get my GC. Now, I am waiting for my passport again. I will be very sad if I miss my trip on 09/17. There is nothing I can do about.

Ingo,
After you get the PP, apply for a refund of the expedited fee. I think you deserve it since they took so long.
There is a thread in the Life after citzn section where someone get the expedited fee back.

Received my child's passport today. It is an electronic passport a.k.a. e-passport. It was sent from New Orleans. Sorry I never checked where my passport was processed. My child's passport was issued one day after mine and my wife's. Passport was sent yesterday and arrived this morning. Passport came back with birth certificate and Green card. Unfortunately I didn't notice that the acceptance agent had stapled the Green Card (unbelievable!). That pretty much screws up the optical data at the back of the card. It's good that my child is already a citizen, gosh! I would guess they could use another way of keeping the application together. I am still waiting for my wife's and my naturalization certificates. Hopefully they'll arrive today.

Child passport details:
Passport application sent on 23 Aug 2007
Passport date of issue 05 Sep 2007
Passport mailed 06 Sep 2007
Passport received 07 Sep 2007 in the morning (overnight)

PS: Our naturalization certificates (my wife and I) haven't arrived yet. Perhaps on Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
My spouse received the passport in 2 weeks.

Passport Applied Date : Sep 24 (Expedite Service)

Passport Received date : Sep 6th

Nat Certificate Received : Sep 8th

It looks like, the expedite process takes only 2 weeks now

Is that the case at all regional offices (Chicago, LA etc)?
Which is your regional passport office that processed your passport?
My spouse received the passport in 2 weeks.

Passport Applied Date : Sep 24 (Expedite Service)

Passport Received date : Sep 6th

Nat Certificate Received : Sep 8th

It looks like, the expedite process takes only 2 weeks now

Can you apply for expedited passport at the ceremony?

Hi everyone
I have my interview in a month's time and the ceremony in mid November. I have a planned overseas trip for December and I will need a visa as well. To complicate matters I have requested for a name check and was looking for advice from those who have already gone through this process.

1. If I apply for a US passport at the ceremony, is it true that I don't need to hand in my US citizenship certificate?
2. Do they accept expedited service plus both ways overnight at the ceremony?
3. Is it better if I apply in a post office after making several notarized copies of my passport application to do the name change process in parallel?

In the worst case scenario, I plan to request a ceremony for January (that will take it to around 135 days after interview). Is there an issue for time over 120 days after interview?

thanks for your time.