Expedited Passport

Thanks Hurracan for the information. I never knew that you had to submit the green card for a child.

And congrats on your citzenship !

This week my husband and son will be applying for passports and I have just a quick question, what happens when the child is a USC, my son was born here, he doesn't have a green card, and based on the info on the Department of State website an applicant needs proof of citizenship and a photo Id, which my child doesn't have, I mean what type of id can a 4 year old have? would this be a problem? I don't think so, but I'd like to know if anyone has been in the same boat...

Passport Processed In One Week

My status changed as follows
We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 09/04/2007

02/09/07 - RD/PD
03/15/07 - FP done (cleared same day)
04/16/07 - IV ND
06/19/07 - IV done
08/22/07-OATH DATE.
08/22/07-applied for a US passport(expedited)

Wow! It is fast!

PP Applied: 8/21/2007 Expidited Route
PP Received: 8/31/2007

I applied in Palo Alto.

Good luck to All!

Last edited by a moderator:
This week my husband and son will be applying for passports and I have just a quick question, what happens when the child is a USC, my son was born here, he doesn't have a green card, and based on the info on the Department of State website an applicant needs proof of citizenship and a photo Id, which my child doesn't have, I mean what type of id can a 4 year old have? would this be a problem? I don't think so, but I'd like to know if anyone has been in the same boat...

Millions of people are in your same boat ;) That's the most typical case.

Your child born here is a US citizen - the bith certificate is the proof of citizenship.

I know the birth certificate is proof citizenship, what I meant to say is he doesn't have an ID as proof of identity....well I guess it doesn't matter now, I finished reading all the instructions on the Department of State website and found out that for a minor under 14 the child must be present and that only the parent's ID's are required....but anyway,thank you for replying.

- 08/09 - Applied Expedited PP Plus Overnight delivery (paid nearly $200.00) at New York
- 08/31 - My PP is still a pending with no reasons.
- It is going to be processed at Washington DC but no sure when????
- Please share if anyone has the PP is being processed at Washington DC. How long does it take for Expedited PP to be processed at that location?
DC seem to be moving slower, and taking around four weeks...

I received my passport in the mail today.

02/09/07 - RD/PD
03/15/07 - FP done (cleared same day)
04/16/07 - IV ND
06/19/07 - IV done
08/22/07-OATH DATE.
08/22/07-applied for a US passport(expedited)[/QUOTE]
09/04/07-PP received in mail box

I received both mine and my daughter's passport today

I applied for mine expedite on 8/23 expedited (not overnight)
my daughter's passport was ordered on 7/20 (regular application)

08/09 - Applied the expedited passport plus the overnight delivery
Tomorrow will be 4 weeks and I still have not received my passport. NO update on-line status.....
Called customer service and they don't know when my passport will be done... NO ideas.......!!!

lngo07,

Don't take me wrong, but I have gone over your previous 50 odd posts and it seems that they are all about complaining about delays. You posted a bunch of messages complaining that you were stuck on name check (but never bothered to come back with the good news that you got the letter and took the oath) and right after that has been a constant stream of whining about your expedited passport. Please come back when you receive your passport, but I don't think the board wins much by having someone constantly complaining about delays. If I didn't write this post my guess would have been that you would have done as with your oath, just post all the whining but not coming back to give the good news.

Think positive, with your delay you might be able to get a refund of your expedited fees.

Status changed a few minutes ago to:

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 09/07/2007.

PS: My child passport still shows it is processing. My wife and I show the finished processing message. I will update this post if the status for my child passport changes. Funny thing is that my child's message has changed back from expedite to routine. I hope the passport has been processed and they just clicked the wrong button to update the application in the computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
- You are not complaining because you got your passport even though you applied on 8/23 and mine was 08/09. Is this make sense to you? Did you see the big different in processing time between yours and mine? What do you think if you are in my sistuation?

I think you did not get Huracan's point. His point is that you are treating the board as a one way street, where you have no hesitation of whining or asking for help but don't bother to report your own succesful experience for the benefit of others. If all people were like you, the board would be full of only whinning posts and no one helping others.

- You are not complaining because you got your passport even though you applied on 8/23 and mine was 08/09. Is this make sense to you? Did you see the big different in processing time between yours and mine? What do you think if you are in my sistuation?

- I did not complain about my expedited passport. I just want to let people to know about how long does it take for processing the expedited passport in my own experience.
- I did not understand why some one can get there expedited passport in just a week or two and mine was nearly 4 weeks already.

Funny thing is that I wrote the message to you and later on I found out that my passport got processed (there is no connection). Certain passport agencies are processing faster than others. Anyway, it seems that the backlog is almost disappearing. Perhaps the same issue that got your name check delayed could affect background checks at the passport agency and delaying your passport. It's hard to say. I agree with brb2 that my main point was that you have treated this forum as a one way street.

PS: It would be also helpful if you could ad a short signature with your local office, timeline of your naturalization and timeline of your passport. That's the best way for people to know where you're at. You can add a signature by going to the preferences page at User CP at the top of the page.

My check was cashed today, 2 biz days after applying for a passport. Can anyone help me with these please
1. I applied for expedited processing, the online status today says I applied for only routine. This is distressing as I paid good amount for an expedied process.
2. How come there is variation in our payments. I did mine thru the post-office. I wrote a check for $143.25 and paid $30 by credit card for application fee. I didn't bother to ask for a breakdown of this fee (too giddy that I finally got the chance to apply for PP), then I realize now, people have been paying in round numbers, close to like $150s? any ideas
3. WHat is the term OCI that some people use in the board?
4. I applied in Philadelphia, there is a passport agency here. Our the passports processed in the local agency whne there is one or is this just something analogus to a USCIS district office but our N400 applications were reall processed in our respective service centers?

Thanks to everyone for therir helpful posts.

My check was cashed today, 2 biz days after applying for a passport. Can anyone help me with these please
1. I applied for expedited processing, the online status today says I applied for only routine. This is distressing as I paid good amount for an expedied process.
2. How come there is variation in our payments. I did mine thru the post-office. I wrote a check for $143.25 and paid $30 by credit card for application fee. I didn't bother to ask for a breakdown of this fee (too giddy that I finally got the chance to apply for PP), then I realize now, people have been paying in round numbers, close to like $150s? any ideas
4. I applied in Philadelphia, there is a passport agency here. Our the passports processed in the local agency whne there is one or is this just something analogus to a USCIS district office but our N400 applications were reall processed in our respective service centers?

Thanks to everyone for therir helpful posts.
1. Normal, it happened to me and others, it will most likely change to expedite in a few days. It seems their computer system is not working perfectly.
2. I paid the same, $143.25, plus $30 plus $16.25 (I think the 16.25 is for the overnight package, not 100% sure).
3. I think it is Overseas Citizen of India
4. Not sure about Philadelphia, in my case the passport agency is San Francisco, but my application was sent to Los Angeles for processing. Probably your application has also been sent somewhere in the country to be processed. Don't worry it seems that they are really catching up with the backlog. You should get your passport soon.

Give it about a week for the online status to change to Expedited.

Passport application fee is $67. Expedited service fee is $60. Express mail fee (one way) is $16.25. That adds up to $143.25. On top of that there is the $30 execution fee you owe USPS. Some people probably pay for express mail both ways and that is an additional $16.25.

That applies only to former citizens of India. It is the equivalent of a green card that makes it easier for us to visit/live/work in India (since we have to relinquish our Indian citizenship when we become US citizens).

I think the application can get routed to one of the other passport agencies if the Philadelphia one is overloaded (like it seems to be). Mine was processed at the Charleston agency. In any case be prepared to wait 3-4 weeks for your passport to arrive (but you may get lucky).

-KM