Expedited Passport

how do they distinguish between a paid itinerary and a non paid? The print out I have is just a online confirmation sent to me by the travel agent

I am going for the passport at SF tomorrow. I have my travel itenary and a paid receipt from Sinagpore airlines.
To get the appointment, the automated system is annoying and I got the date of 27th and my travel date is 26th. So finally I dialed 1-877 number and stayed on until it transfered me to a live representative after 45 minutes and I got the appointment for 21st.

how do they distinguish between a paid itinerary and a non paid? The print out I have is just a online confirmation sent to me by the travel agent

Not sure... The easiest way would be to log on to your airline's website. Almost all airlines will let you review itineraries with a confirmation number and name. It should then take you to a page with your itinerary, fare, something that says "ticketed" or "purchased." A print out of the web page should be fine. They probably won't scrutinize it too much considering how many cases they handle every day.

To Kmm

KMM, I am in a similar situation - have an appointment in NYC agency but need to travel sooner (I pressed 1 for english, then 2 for automated appointment). How did you get throught to the operator, what number do I need to press?

Thanks a lot

Application status online

My passport application status appeared online 6 days after the application was submitted. Even though I applied with Expedite service, at this time it appears as Routine request. As far as I understand this is a general error for all Expedite service applicants.

Question for BR2006, liamtoh1 and Pump: did you receive your passports already? If not, did status of your application change from Routine to Expedite? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the rate they are issuing passports one would think that they should have used all the older passport blanks by now, unless they are still printing them. I would say that if someone is still reading this thread and received an old style passport in the past couple of weeks, please raise your hand.

My own personal theory is that they tend to use up all the old passport blanks, instead of just throwing them to the garbage, my continuation to this theory is that they use the old style in low risk people (children, and that). That's just my own idea, I might be completely wrong. If I'm right then there is a period of coexistence in which the same office could be issuing both old and new style passport, and there is no guarantee what you might get.

I think you should select 1 for English and then 2 for Automated passport appointment and then stay online with no selections and after all the messages it will direct to an officer. It said the wait time is 30 min and starts music for a couple of minutes and then goes silent. After 45 mins an officer said hi. I went to SF office yesterday at 10am and I got my passport by 5pm. Because I have an appointment already, they didn't even check the travel itenary. The lady just asked when are you travelling and do you need a visa. I said yes and she gave me 5pm same day pickup.

Application status changed

The status of my application changed from Routine Service to Expedite Service 8 days after the application date.

I had applied on 05/30/07 to Los Angeles PP Office (expedited) and got it back on 06/07/07. My friend and his spouse had applied on 05/31/07 and got it back on 06/11/07. My wife and my daughter, however, applied on 06/05/07 and have yet to receive their passports.

Thanks & Regards,

Wow that is fast. I am still waiting. Have an appt tomorrow.

Applied on 6/23/07 at a post office with expedited service included. Hoping i will see something next week online. You think?

I guess I will just wait....

Applied on 6/23/07 at a post office with expedited service included. Hoping i will see something next week online. You think?

I guess I will just wait....

I applied for my passport on the same day 6/23 as you. Would you be able to see your stutas online yet ?

Are things that bad now? It seems that lately I just see people talking about status online, but few people reporting receipt of a passport. It would also be interesting to know if anyone has received an old style passport lately. I have to say that a few months ago I was optimistic about the backlog, and bought the story from the State Department that the backlog would be clear by now. If at all it seems to still be getting worse.

I also applied expedited on 06/23.

At the post office they forgot to give my application locator #.

I also applied expedited on 06/23.

At the post office they forgot to give my application locator #.

They are supposed to give me an application locator? :confused: Great, i didn't even look and see in the piece of paper. Way too excited i guess.:D Anyways, I have been using name, DOB and SS to find my application status on State website. When do you need the locator #?

Thanks

Check cashing question

I applied on 6/18 for the expedited passport.
The check that i provided got cashed yesterday.
Does this mean i can expect the passport within next week or so?

Any previous experiences on how long it took to get the passport
after check cashing?

Online status says "Being processed".

They are supposed to give me an application locator? :confused: Great, i didn't even look and see in the piece of paper. Way too excited i guess.:D Anyways, I have been using name, DOB and SS to find my application status on State website. When do you need the locator #?

Thanks

The # will appaear once your status is online. My daughter and husband got application locator # at the post office itself.