Expedited Passport

Thanks for all your supports

09/15 - My expedited passport was completed and mailed out but NO tracking number
09/27 - Still have NO passport. It has been 7 weeks from the date I mailed my Expedited passport on 08/09 with 2 ways overnight delivery. Only God knows where are my PP and my Nat. Cert.? Please share if anyone who has this kind of nightmare experience. Thanks.
By the way, all of my siblings and my husband received their expedited passport around 2 to 3 weeks except mine.
I have been very depressed and losing a lot of weight for my expedited passport and Nat. Cert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ingo

1. Did you send your application by express mail and did YOU track the delivery? If so do you have proof your application reached the passport office?
2. Have you received any written or electronic communication from the passport office?
3. Have you been able to ever track your application on-line?'

thanks.

Thanks for all your supports

09/15 - My expedited passport was completed and mailed out but NO tracking number
09/27 - Still have NO passport. It has been 7 weeks from the date I mailed my Expedited passport on 08/09 with 2 ways overnight delivery. Only God knows where are my PP and my Nat. Cert.? Please share if anyone who has this kind of nightmare experience. Thanks.
By the way, all of my siblings and my husband received their expedited passport around 2 to 3 weeks except mine.
I have been very depressed and losing a lot of weight for my expedited passport and Nat. Cert.

- My Expedited Passport Application was arrived at Philadephia on 08/10 at 11:30 A.M.
when I checked it on-line with my delivery confirmation. I still have all my receipts on hand.
- I checked my Passport Application on-line status every hour since I am working on the PC 10 hours a day and it always said "my Passport was completed on 09/15 and it has been mailed out to me. I should receive my passport on or about 09/16 since I paid for the overnight delivery."
I am calling the Customer Service 1-877 every single day but no hope to find my Passport at this moment. There is no help from them except asking me to find the DS-64form. I have not decided to send this form out yet since I am waiting to see any one who received my PP but it was not his or her then he/she will drop this package back to Post Office and I may have a chance to get my PP back. I pray and hope good person will do the good thing sometimes.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting for my son's passport too. I mailed out the application on 8/25 and still no sign of it.

When I called customer support they told me I need to send in his green card which I did a week back and now they tell me they are scrutinising the documents I'd send, don't why it's takiing so long to scrutinise ? I'm wondering if I should send them a pair of glasses or a reading glass or something.

- Sorry about your son's passport. It is sad to see if some one stuck on the expedited passport without any reasons. My expedited passport stuck for 7 weeks already and I still have no sign to find it anywhere.....I won't rest until I can find my PP and my Nat. Cert.

Ingo,

I am sorry about your passport.

I didn't request overnight delivery but I was still provided with the delivery confirmation number since they send it thru priority mail anyway. What I don't understand is why they can't provide you with a tracking number and/or delivery confirmation number since you had paid for the overnight delivery? Did you provide your email address in the passport application? If yes, did you ever receive any email from them regarding the passport status?

I received my delivery confirmation number via email. I tracked it and picked up the passport from the post pffice the next morning

Dear Asif200,

Can you please let me know where was your expedited passport completed? What was the Passport Agency?

I did provide my e-mail address on the application since I am working in front of the PC 10 hours a day.
NO, I did not get the confirmation number on the e-mail or on-line application status. It said I should receive my expedited passport on or about 09/16.
09/18 - My passport did not arrive to my home. I called the customer service and she said there was no tracking number in the system even though my package was already mailed out on 09/15. This is very bizzare and making no sense but I just have to accept.
What can you do? I called the CS very single day since 09/18 and reported that I still didn't receipt my passport. Now, I gave up my calls since he/she told me the same story that my passport was mailed and check with the local post office or FedEx to see if my passport was there.

Did the passport agency always send the passport out by the priority mail with the delivery confirmation? Please share if you know. Thanks

I did provide my e-mail address on the application since I am working in front of the PC 10 hours a day.
NO, I did not get the confirmation number on the e-mail or on-line application status. It said I should receive my expedited passport on or about 09/16.
09/18 - My passport did not arrive to my home. I called the customer service and she said there was no tracking number in the system even though my package was already mailed out on 09/15. This is very bizzare and making no sense but I just have to accept.
What can you do? I called the CS very single day since 09/18 and reported that I still didn't receipt my passport. Now, I gave up my calls since he/she told me the same story that my passport was mailed and check with the local post office or FedEx to see if my passport was there.

Is there a remote possibility that your email system might be putting the emails from the passport office in your junk folder? You may have already looked but I thought I'd ask anyway. The online status doesn't give you the tracking number but the email does.

To be honest I don't recall every detail of the passport application. Some people might have suggested that the overnight envelope is sent inside the envelope that has the passport application. I don't think that makes sense, and I think others have pointed that the passport agency has their overnight envelopes. If my memory serves me well we pay the overnight fee to the passport agency for them to send us the passport overnight. I believe that the customer representative might not have access to the tracking information, but I am sure someone has to. Perhaps people in charge of mailing, and printing the post labels. I don't think I received the tracking info in the e-mail they sent me. Perhaps they did it with some people depending on the passport agency or the procedures of the time. I was lucky that my case was the typical case and received the passports promptly after they issued the e-mails so there was not much anxiety. As I have posted earlier I had some anxiety about my naturalization certificate which was coming through the regular mail and got a bit delayed until it showed up in my mail.

Anyway, this is the link to DS-64 http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79958.pdf

This was the format of the email that I recived from the Passport office on August 28th. It was sent from "DoNotReply@state.gov"

DoNotReply@state.gov said:
We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

Your passport application locator number is 1367XXXXX.

You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 09/01/2007.
Check the USPS status at: http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=9101XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX".

*** Please note that the delivery confirmation number is a tracking number. It is a number that will provide information as to whether or not an envelope has been delivered. You can click on the delivery confirmation number to check delivery status or call USPS at 1-800-222-1811.

If you have any additional questions, you may contact the National Passport Information Center via e-mail at http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/npic/npic_896.html. Please include the above locator number. It will enable them to update you on the status of your application. For more information about the National Passport Information Center, please visit us at http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/npic/npic_898.html.

Mine looked like:

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

Your passport application locator number is XXXXXXXXX.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 09/07/2007.

If you have any additional questions, you may contact the National Passport Information Center via e-mail at http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/npic/npic_896.html. Please include the above locator number. It will enable them to update you on the status of your application. For more information about the National Passport Information Center, please visit us at http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/npic/npic_898.html.

^ Interesting. It almost sounds like paying for overnight delivery is not even worth it. The one without the OD comes with a tracking number and the one with it doesn't. And of course, like you said, this could vary from case to case depending on the state,county,agency, etc. Who knows.

- Mine is the same message like Mr. Huracan except it did not have the tracking number. I don't understand why the Passport Agency send my passport out without any tracking number even though I paid $32.50 for 2 ways overnight delivery.

Try sending a letter to -

Please send your complaint in letter to the address below.

Customer Service Division:

The address for the Director of the Customer Service Division of Field Operations is:

National Customer Service Manager
Office of Field Operations
2100 Pennsylvania Ave. 3rd Floor
Washington DC 20037

Hi lngo07,

I found this video in CNN that seems to be quite informative about the passport process. In particular the step in which they stick the address label onto the overnight envelope. I am sure they should be able to find your tracking number as it seems clear they produce the label and stick it on the envelope. I hope it helps. However, I still have that nagging feeling that your case seems odd.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2007/09/30/chernoff.passport.deadline.CNN

My 2 cents.

- Mine is the same message like Mr. Huracan except it did not have the tracking number. I don't understand why the Passport Agency send my passport out without any tracking number even though I paid $32.50 for 2 ways overnight delivery.

^^ Given that we haven't seen him/her in this thread since 27th September 2007, I am assuming that s/he has already received the passport. Otherwise we would have seen at least 10 more messages in this thread from him/her.

Thanks for all your support... I was not in the forum on Friday and this morning because I just got home this early afternoon from the trip to Regional Passport Agency
09/28 - My husband and I traveled to the Regional Passport Agency as the customer service recommended. I received my passport after in the late Friday afternoon.
My Congressman also left the message for us on Friday afternoon about my Nat. Cert.
It may be found in the mail room. Let see and hope it is a good news but I am OK to wait for my Nat. Cert to arrive home since I already have my 10 years passport on hand.
The appointment trip to Regional PP Agency for my expedited passport was worthy for us.
Hope, my Nat. Cert. will arrive this week then we will have a very happy ending of my passport journey. Good Luck to everyone in PP Journey...!!!

Congrats ingo07 ! I'm happy it all ended well for you.

So where was the passport ? Still with the passport agency ?

And don't forget to apply for a refund of your expedited fees.

My original passport was completed on 09/15 but it was not sent out. It was missorted at the mailroom for many weeks no wondering why they did not have the tracking number for me. My Nat. Cert was found there too according to my Congressman. The Passport Agency will send my Nat. Cert. back to us some times this week so we will probably receive my original Nat. Cert. by the end of this week. I hope it will arrive sooner then I can celebrate my happiness moment with my husband. It can not be happy more than receiving my Original Nat. Cert back and my 10 years passport even though my expedited passport was taking more than 7 weeks but I still felt very lucky in my PP journey. Don't you think so? Good luck to anyone who is still waiting for the Passport to arrive.