Expedited Passport

1. If I apply for a US passport at the ceremony, is it true that I don't need to hand in my US citizenship certificate?

brb2,

I have read that if you apply for a passport at the ceremony, the officer would make a note on your application that he/she has seen your naturalization paper, and that you wouldn't need to submit it with the application. I wish I could have done that, but they didn't accept passport applications at my ceremony.

I wrote my trip plan to China on my expedited passport 09/17.
I talked to customer service about my expedited passport by the last week of August and they told me that my passport should be arrived to my home on the end of the August week.
The 1st week of Sept. I called the customer service again and they told me
that my passport was in the last stage of processing and it will be completed
and mail out on the next couple day....Every single time, I called and talked to the customer services and they told me the same status on the last staging and it will be completed sooner then I thought.
I believed them again and again....I already spent a lot of time to talk and ask for my passport 14 days before my trip but not much help.
I don't live near by any Passport Regional Agency so nothing I can do. Finally, my husband told me to give up and forget about my passport. He said I already did the best I could and nothing else I could do any more. Just forget about it..!!!...... He may be right about it so I am better to listen.

It looks like it was the Green card, I've been calling them every two days and all along I've been told there was no problem.

Today I was told I need to send in either his GC or his passport with the I 551 stamp, I'd taken his GC and other documents when I went to the post office to apply and the #@$$ morons there didn't want to take his GC.

Looking at the brighter side I guess I can now ask for a refund of the expedited fees :D

I remember you didn't send your son's green card with his application. I wonder if the delay has to do with it.

This is kind of never ending when we're not stuck in one thing we're stuck on another. I am stuck with not having received my naturalization certificate and not getting the check for the N-600 cashed when I sent the application in August 23d.

Hi dandan123,

I found very suspicious all along that it was ok to send the application without the green card. Yes, I think it was a failure of the acceptance agent at the post office. However, I am not sure if you'll be able to recoup the cost of the expedited, as the Department of State can claim that they didn't produce the passport in a timely fashion due to insufficient documents. I would say that looking at the brighter side at least you know for sure what was causing the delay and can do something about it. By the way, I am curious where do you need to send the GC to the passport office, production center? No need to give whole address, but I am just curious how did they tell you to send the GC.

Good luck.

DanDan123,

You were very lucky that your passport went through so smoothly at the Washington DC agency. I don't even want to think about my expedited passport after waiting for more than 5 weeks long.
I just talked to the customer service and she said she will send an urgent msg to this center to have my expedited passport to be processed since it was hold up for so long there with no reasons.
She also told me if I don't receive my expedited passport by this Friday then I should call back and talk to the customer service again.
I believed this answer is true again....!!! Hope, her msg to this passport center works out fine. I have to wait for another week to get the answer back.

Hi Ingo07,

My passport process was smooth, but my son's seem to have got stuck. It's going to be 4 weeks and now they tell me I need to send in his GC which I've done.

I would keep calling them and bugging them every day if I were you. If you call in the night it's easy to get through. Not every one who answers the phone is knowledgeable or willing to spend the time to find out what the problem is.

All the best with your passport :)

Thanks so much Mr. DanDan. I will also pray for your son's passport to be completed sooner.

08/09 - Applied Expedited Passport plus 2 ways overnight delivery at the County clerk.
09/19 - Still hopeless for my expedited passport to arrive after waiting almost 6 weeks. No one know why my passport is being hold up at the passport agency for such so long. No explanation for why?
I am very depressed and frustrated but nothing I can do at this moment except keep calling the customer service every single day to see if I have any hope or not.

Traveling soon after oath

I am traveling a week after the oath date and have made an appointment at the Norwalk Passport Office. I have a confirmed reservation but I haven't purchased it yet. The automated reservation system mentioned to bring either an airline ticket or a confirmed airline generated itinerary.

Just wondering what is a confirmed airline generated itinerary?

1) Is it a confirmed itinerary that I need to request directly from the airline rather than my travel agent? OR
2) Is it the airline e-ticket?

Thanks for your help.

Anyone with New York Passport Agency's experience?

Do we have some one who has applied and received his/her passport at the New York Passport Agency? Do they process the request the same day if you apply in the early morning hours or do they give it to you the next day?

Thanks and Regards,

I applied for my child's passport with an itinerary given to me by my travel agent and it was acceptable to them in Los Angeles's office.

I am traveling a week after the oath date and have made an appointment at the Norwalk Passport Office. I have a confirmed reservation but I haven't purchased it yet. The automated reservation system mentioned to bring either an airline ticket or a confirmed airline generated itinerary.

Just wondering what is a confirmed airline generated itinerary?

1) Is it a confirmed itinerary that I need to request directly from the airline rather than my travel agent? OR
2) Is it the airline e-ticket?

Thanks for your help.

08/09 - Applied expedited passport plus 2-way overnight delivery
09/20 - After waiting for 6 weeks my passport is still being processed. They didn't tell me how many more weeks I have to wait for my expedited passport when I called the customer service. They told me to keep calling back very week to check on the status my expedited passport.
09/20 - Called the customer service in late afternoon and was told my passport was completed on 09/15 and it has been mailed out but I have never received my passport. The Washington DC Passport Agency had no tracking number for my passport even though I paid for 2 ways overnight delivery when I applied my expedited passport.
09/21 - Still have no passport arrive to my home. No passport is at my local post office or FedEX.
Customer service asked me to complete the form DS-64 regarding to lost or stolen passport.
09/22 - I have not decided to file DS-64 yet since I don't know where is my passport right now after waiting for my expedited passport to arrive for more than 6 weeks. I am very depressed because I don't know who is having my passport on hand.....Only God knows at this moment.
09/25 - My expedited passport still have not arrive. I have to wait for until next week before I can file the DS-64 for replacement of my passport.
Not sure about my Naturalization Cert. at this moment. Does anyone lose the Naturalization Cert. in the expedited passport process plus 2 ways overnight delivery? I am worried a lot because I still have no answer for my Nat. Cert. up today. Please help if someone know what to do.

Please post if anyone has the same sistuation like this. Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Applied for Expedited passport for my wife on Sept 17th and received the passport today Sept 25th. Will be applying for the passport for my sons this week.

Ingo07, i want to beleive you have received ur passport, bcos since the 20th whn u said ur passport was mailed on 15th sept we hvnt seen a post from you.

08/09 Applied expedited passport plus 2 ways overnight delivery
09/15 - Passport was completed and mailed out
09/26 - Passport still did not arrive. Called customer service but no hope for the tracking number at this moment. NO one knows where are my passport and Nat. Cert?
It is just hopeless to receive my expedited Passport and Nat. Cert. Have to re-apply these documents with the immigration.

Ingo,

Check my post at the bottom of this thread

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=263365

Your passport and naturalization certificate may be sitting in your local post office waiting to be picked up after a failed delivery attempt. It is easy for that little note that they leave at your doorstep/mailbox to get lost. I would find it hard to believe that the entire package got lost in transit.

-KM

08/09 - Applied Expedited Passport Plus 2 ways overnight delivery with the confirmation
09/15 - Expedited Passport was completed and has been mailed out
09/24 - Spent three hours at the Local Post office and FedEx but No passport be found.
09/26 - I could not believe that I paid $32.50 for two ways overnight delivery and the State Department Passport sent my passport out with No tracking number in the system or any where else. Only GOD knews and cover my passport and Nat. Cert.
Customer Services are no longer willing to help. They told me to re-apply the Passport with the form DS-64 and Nat. Cert. I don't know what to do at this point. My husband and I had to pay $800 fee to postpone the trip to China on 09/17 and now I don't have any PP to travel.
I am very hopeless to recover my Passport and Nat. Cert. day by day. Sad and depressed but nothing else I could do. It is just a nightmare experience for my PP journey.
I realize how lucky for the applicants who received their passport and Nat. Cert. back no matter how long you have to wait for expedited service. My expedited passort was 7 weeks already and nothing I had in my hand right now.
For me it is just a nightmare...!!! We called the Congressman for help but so far there still has no luck yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Among all of the tragic stories I have read to date, probably this is the saddest of the lot. I have not ever seen this happen either. I think you need to demand them to provide the tracking number of your passport dispatch. You need to write to the secretary of state (Ms. Condoleeza Rice) and escalate this. Do not sit and listen to the crap provided by the phone operators. If you are not fluent in English, have your husband or a co-worker discuss this for you. Ask for the section head or supevisor.
Please keep us posted. We are all with you on this one.

I did check with my local post office and FedEx but no hope to see my passport there