• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

EUROPEAN SELECTEES! Meet here!!

Well, we had our interview in London today...

US embassy in UK is very large, you should expect to que outside for good 15-30 minutes before you get through security and enter the embassy itself.. Security is very tough, they forbid all electronics, even car keys with batteries inside, there is pharmacy nearby to leave all stuff, 3 quid per plastic pocket.

Once you walk inside, you hand in your invitation letter to a lady in reception, she will scan it and give you a sticker with your number on it... most likely it will begin with letter I.

You walk up few stairs into a big waiting room with booths (windows) on right side of it, at the front will be a small bar where you can buy food/drinks... There is also a big TV screen at the front it shows some mini videos about USA, but more importantly calls out what numbers need to go to which windows.

First you will be called to a window 1 - 8, where you will need to present all the documents required by DV this will be a step by step process and will take some time, be friendly with the person you talk to since it is a very boring job and some of them like the interaction... They will ask you to go pay the fee for GC (330, take a notice of this location since that will be the place where interview will take place) and bring receipt back to the person in window, btw there is a Photograph Booth costs £5
they might ask you to get photos from there.

During all this time, a big folder is being created for each of the applicants with DS-230 at the core of it, if all documents seem to be fine the person closes this folder and hands it over to Consular.

At this stage you will be asked to go back to waiting room and wait again for your number to come up, this time it will be Interview, interview windows are double digit and are located down the same corridor you will go to pay your GC fee.
Consular questions are very similar to that Den submitted, so I wont repeat it... I would just add that they seem to be very conscious with proof of funds, I also did excel print with both Cash and Assets, consular seemed to just look at that. But we didnt have affidavit support, maybe thats why.

Dont worry if some documents are wrong or not there... Our visas got approved with Passports issues and no medicals arriving to the embassy. Consular kindly asked us to mail our Passports to embassy asap via courier and with that we will get stamps in passports.

Overall it took us 3 hours from door to door.

... Our visas got approved...

Lazder, CONGRATULATION! It`s a peace of mind for you, don`t need to worry any longer, only need to find a good job, a good place to go to and just fly away...:)

Thanks for the info. It was really very detailed :) Hopefully in a few days when I`m back here I`ll be able to tell similar lucky story.

I done the inter in early Feb.
Make sure you have all of the paper work\photos required, and your names match all of the doucments.
You must have a A3 paded envalope with €12.50 of stamps on it.
You will hand this in first and will be told to take a seat and the officer will call you

The officer will call you and they will take your finger prints and swear you in.
He will then ask where you planning on going, and what you plan on doing
Thats all I got asked

You sign the form and hopefully he will say everything is in order and your passport will be posted out to you within a week

On the Dublin US Embassy webside there is an info that 8 euro stamps are needed and even bigger envelopes than A3 . Anyone from Dublin can proof it?

Paris experience please!

Hello house i will like to what are the likely question in the U.S. paris, do we need affidavit of support..and the likes?

police cert

Hi all
I wonder if anyone here had the similar problem im facing now.
My interview is coming very soon and my wife's police certificate got stuck somewhere between
Poland and UK, a bit my fault too, applied a bit late didnt take in account easter holidays and that
some places take longer to issue certificates. Are the people at the embassy in London, very strict and its not worth to go to interview, and its better to reschedule it. or go to interview and ask them to let me resend the certificate
after the interview. probably it will be 2-3 days late.
thank you

SSN and Green Card for dadadada72

N/A I had to edit the post and dont know how to delete it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all
I wonder if anyone here had the similar problem im facing now.
My interview is coming very soon and my wife's police certificate got stuck somewhere between
Poland and UK, a bit my fault too, applied a bit late didnt take in account easter holidays and that
some places take longer to issue certificates. Are the people at the embassy in London, very strict and its not worth to go to interview, and its better to reschedule it. or go to interview and ask them to let me resend the certificate
after the interview. probably it will be 2-3 days late.
thank you

They will ask you to send it via courier to their embassy. That is if you get approved.

paris experience!

One as to be prepared to wait in the embassy here in paris ..i waitted for 3hrs to get a possitive response so d waitting time does not matter anymore lol, just d same regular question and notting more if u dont av a good financial stand get an affidavit its important. Good luck!

One as to be prepared to wait in the embassy here in paris ..i waitted for 3hrs to get a possitive response so d waitting time does not matter anymore lol, just d same regular question and notting more if u dont av a good financial stand get an affidavit its important. Good luck!

And this is what? 125% poverty guidelines?

Income versus assets

This is not too much? According with 2013 HHS Poverty Income Guidelines, 125% to 2 persons corresponds to 19,387 dollars

The 2013 Guidelines for 2 persons is exactly as quoted above - just under $20k US dollars. But that is income per year. In my case, for example, I'm retired. So my income per year is less important that my liquid assets. I have bank accounts that have funds in them that would cover me at the Poverty Guidelines for several years.

If you do not already have a job lined up in the US, or your skills will not automatically command a job that will earn enough to cover you at 125% of the Poverty Guidelines, then the money you have currently available to you is critical. It is better to have liquid assets (meaning bank accounts) than non-liquid assets (meaning real estate), but your real estate can help.

Otherwise, you will need to find a sponsor.

Hope this explains it.

The 2013 Guidelines for 2 persons is exactly as quoted above - just under $20k US dollars. But that is income per year. In my case, for example, I'm retired. So my income per year is less important that my liquid assets. I have bank accounts that have funds in them that would cover me at the Poverty Guidelines for several years.

If you do not already have a job lined up in the US, or your skills will not automatically command a job that will earn enough to cover you at 125% of the Poverty Guidelines, then the money you have currently available to you is critical. It is better to have liquid assets (meaning bank accounts) than non-liquid assets (meaning real estate), but your real estate can help.

Otherwise, you will need to find a sponsor.

Hope this explains it.

thanks. but what you mean by "non-liquid assets"?

Liquid and Non-liquid assets

thanks. but what you mean by "non-liquid assets"?

Non-liquid assets are things that you own, that COULD be converted to cash, if you needed to, but they cannot be easily converted. If you own a house, the worth of the house contributes to your total assets, but since it takes time to sell a house, the house is "non-liquid". Same with cars or perhaps art. They definitely have worth, but they are not that easy to turn into cash quickly.

Liquid assets are cash, savings accounts at banks, Time Deposits, or any investment you have that could be sold within 72 hours or so.

Does this explain it clearly?

Non-liquid assets are things that you own, that COULD be converted to cash, if you needed to, but they cannot be easily converted. If you own a house, the worth of the house contributes to your total assets, but since it takes time to sell a house, the house is "non-liquid". Same with cars or perhaps art. They definitely have worth, but they are not that easy to turn into cash quickly.

Liquid assets are cash, savings accounts at banks, Time Deposits, or any investment you have that could be sold within 72 hours or so.

Does this explain it clearly?

Yes thank you suckie ;)

I got my visa. I wasn't asked for neither I-134 nor any bank statements. Just some few formal questions and where I am going to live. Good luck to all the rest from this year and those from the next. :)