• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

EUROPEAN SELECTEES! Meet here!!

Il_fedess

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I didn't find a forum for Europe selectees so I've created it.
Me and my wife have lived in many countries since we are 16 and getting the police records from everywhere is not an easy task, especially considering that we need to get from Peru, Argentina, south Africa, Switzerland, Spain, etc. Do you recommend getting them ASAP or wait until I get the 2NL? The police records dont expire after 3 months or so? We have all the other paperwork done and the translator waiting for us.
I also lived in the us under a J-1 visa. I don't believe I need to get my police records from us right? They should have it all in my SSN!
Also, my CN is 2013EU00010xxx. When do you think my interview will be? I just read the last bulletin and Europe cut off is 7000. Quite low right? What do you think?

Thank you so much? Hope you can answer my questions

DV2013EU00010xxx
Entry Checked:May 1,2012
Forms sent to KCC:June 18th,2012(via FedEx)
Forms received by KCC:June 19th,2012
Confirmed by KCC by phone
2nd NL: NOT YET
Police C.O.G.C : NOT YET
Medicals: NOT YET
Interview: NOT YET

Dear Il_fedess!

we are one of the europeaian selctees. the cut-off numbers are really lows for october and nomeber, but your interview I think will be in december :)
The police records thing is not easy when you lived another country in your lifetime, you should ask the embassy in your home country.

Good luck to you!

Dear Il_fedess!

we are one of the europeaian selctees. the cut-off numbers are really lows for october and nomeber, but your interview I think will be in december :)
The police records thing is not easy when you lived another country in your lifetime, you should ask the embassy in your home country.

Good luck to you!

Hi juicee!

Thank you so much for your answer. I also believe my interview would be in December or maybe January. I am trying to sort out the police records right now.
Do you know more European selectees in the process of being interviewed? Do you have any forum or blog to recommend?
What's you case number?

Thanks a lot!

Hi juicee!

Thank you so much for your answer. I also believe my interview would be in December or maybe January. I am trying to sort out the police records right now.
Do you know more European selectees in the process of being interviewed? Do you have any forum or blog to recommend?
What's you case number?

Thanks a lot!

Hi!

I know one girl and her husband who's gonna interview in 4th of October in my country Hungary, but the are in money trouble so i am not sure the will have a green card:(
I know only a hungarian forum, sorry...
Our case number is more than yours, we hope in January or at least February will recive the green cards:)

Good luck to you!!!

Hi, i'm not a winner to be clear, but just a question.
Why have countries like portugal, the Netherlands, Belgium and some others... that less amounts of winners?
Is it because not that many people applied to the lottery? So could it bepossible that we have no winners
for a specific country even if many people applied?

Let me explain:
I mean: when for example 400 Portugese people applied, but the computer did not randomly select
any single one of them so they have no winners, could this be possible?
Or is this regulated that there will be always winners from every country?

I just asked this because some small countries have that less amounts of winners, even if there much applicants.

Guys post your case numbers so we would know roughly where we are standing...
Fedess your interview is going to be in January 95%
My CN is 168xx EU

Case number

Guys post your case numbers so we would know roughly where we are standing...
Fedess your interview is going to be in January 95%
My CN is 168xx EU

Hi guys!

Our case number is between 15 000 and 16000 Europe, so hope we will have an interview in february:):):)

Good luck to all of you!

It's unfortunate that they're so slow at processing this year. Let's hope we'll see jumps of 5-6k a month this year as well.

My case number is about 23k. Hoping for an interview in May or so...

Same here, my number is in high 23k as well. Has it ever happened they run out of visas for our region? I'm trying to assess my chances of getting an interview.

Same here, my number is in high 23k as well. Has it ever happened they run out of visas for our region? I'm trying to assess my chances of getting an interview.

it depends where your dv interview will be held: if it is in europe they will the visa in your european passport, but if it is in canada , they will put it in your canadian passport.

I am belgian and canadian but born in Africa. my dv interview was held in montreal , they took both belgian and canadian passports . they sent me both passports through DHL and they put the visa in my canadian passport only.............

My wife interview is scheduled on September 1st. And she is 38 weeks pregnant.
On August 31th at 1.00 PM she started feeling some unusual pain. We started praying, asking God not to allow her giving birth before our interview. We know that if the baby is born after the interview she ll be processed at the port of entry only by showing to the border agent her birth certificate, but if the baby is born after the interview, thing may get worse: we ll have to do the baby`s medicals (215 dollars) + visa fees (819 dollars) + establishing the official birth certificate which takes at least 4 weeks in Montreal (express procedure is not available in Quebec) + applying for her Canadian passport. The 2011 DV program ends up on sept 30 2011. We are running out of time, and then it won’t be possible to fulfill those requirements within 4 weeks. Consequently we ll loose our immigration visa for good (bad luck).
The pain reached its climax at 4 .00 PM and my wife cannot bear it anymore, her water broke and we end-up at the hospital around 5.00 PM where she gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl at 10.00 PM. Can you believe that!
Soon after the birth we inform the doctor that we have a serious issue with our DV interview that will be held in few hours the next day at 8.00 AM, we explain the entire event and how it was important for us to get that visa. The doctor tried to persuade us not to attend the interview because my wife is too tired and her vaginal wounds have to be healed first. Finally after a 20 min meeting the doctors considered the whole situation including its impact in our future so they decide to give to my wife a certificate of temporary absence form the hospital for the next day valid from 6.00 AM to 10 .00 AM but without the baby (has to stay in the hospital). We thanked God!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ran home picked-up the documents, my wife clothes and mine, and head back to the hospital around 1.00 AM. The night was really too short, lot of things going inside my head…………………………………..

We arrived at the consulate around 6:40AM. We were the first in line with a few others arriving after 7AM. The doors opened at 7:30AM promptly and we were the first to enter. After going through security, we waited downstairs and sat in the chairs next to the elevator. We were sent up in the elevator to the 19th floor around 8AM. As we were the first off the elevator, received C1 and was told to have a seat. We were called up to the first window within a few minutes of being seated

We were called at the first window 30 min later, the lady proceed and took our fingerprints and medical results (not the x-ray or vaccination documentation) and passport. The agent found that my wife wore the hospital bracelet and then ask:
The Agent: why are you wearing the hospital bracelet?
My wife: I am just coming from the hospital because I gave birth few hours ago. I ask for a temporary absence from hospital but the doctors at first were skeptical but they finally understood my worries and decided to let me attend the interview without the baby
The Agent: are you serious? she called the CO to hear my wife story………………………..the CO was impressed by my wife courage and determination to get the visa. Because my wife was in pain. The agent asked for all our documents and the CO decided to interview my wife immediately after the documents checking.
The interview
CO: I can`t believes you came here few hours after giving birth!
My wife: answer……….
CO: baby gender?
My wife: baby girl and I gave her name
CO:…………….still amazed by my wife courage……………………..
My wife:……………………still in pain…………………………….
CO: pleased my wife to have a seat
My wife: thanks
CO: asked my wife to raise her right hand and swear to tell the truth ------------------then took fingerprint-----------
My wife: did
CO: recheck my wife diplomas and school transcript. Were you on F1 status in the pass?
My wife:ans………….
CO: where do you live ?
My wife:ans……………
CO: what are you doing for living?
My wife:ans----------
CO:do you have relative in US?
My wife:ans---------------
CO: what are you going to do in US?
My wife:ans--------------------------
CO: started typing………………….afterward she asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth ………….
Me: did----------------
CO: confirmed my profession
Me: correct
CO: in which us state are you going to live?

Me:ans------------------------
Me:ans-------------------------
CO: ok --------and started typing--------------then asked both of us to sign the DS230 form, she added that the newborn will be processed at the port of entry. She pulled out the letter "Welcome to the United States” and said we were approved and wished us good luck.

It was a fabulous day!

My wife interview is scheduled on September 1st. And she is 38 weeks pregnant.
On August 31th at 1.00 PM she started feeling some unusual pain. We started praying, asking God not to allow her giving birth before our interview. We know that if the baby is born after the interview she ll be processed at the port of entry only by showing to the border agent her birth certificate, but if the baby is born after the interview, thing may get worse: we ll have to do the baby`s medicals (215 dollars) + visa fees (819 dollars) + establishing the official birth certificate which takes at least 4 weeks in Montreal (express procedure is not available in Quebec) + applying for her Canadian passport. The 2011 DV program ends up on sept 30 2011. We are running out of time, and then it won’t be possible to fulfill those requirements within 4 weeks. Consequently we ll loose our immigration visa for good (bad luck).
The pain reached its climax at 4 .00 PM and my wife cannot bear it anymore, her water broke and we end-up at the hospital around 5.00 PM where she gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl at 10.00 PM. Can you believe that!
Soon after the birth we inform the doctor that we have a serious issue with our DV interview that will be held in few hours the next day at 8.00 AM, we explain the entire event and how it was important for us to get that visa. The doctor tried to persuade us not to attend the interview because my wife is too tired and her vaginal wounds have to be healed first. Finally after a 20 min meeting the doctors considered the whole situation including its impact in our future so they decide to give to my wife a certificate of temporary absence form the hospital for the next day valid from 6.00 AM to 10 .00 AM but without the baby (has to stay in the hospital). We thanked God!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ran home picked-up the documents, my wife clothes and mine, and head back to the hospital around 1.00 AM. The night was really too short, lot of things going inside my head…………………………………..

We arrived at the consulate around 6:40AM. We were the first in line with a few others arriving after 7AM. The doors opened at 7:30AM promptly and we were the first to enter. After going through security, we waited downstairs and sat in the chairs next to the elevator. We were sent up in the elevator to the 19th floor around 8AM. As we were the first off the elevator, received C1 and was told to have a seat. We were called up to the first window within a few minutes of being seated

We were called at the first window 30 min later, the lady proceed and took our fingerprints and medical results (not the x-ray or vaccination documentation) and passport. The agent found that my wife wore the hospital bracelet and then ask:
The Agent: why are you wearing the hospital bracelet?
My wife: I am just coming from the hospital because I gave birth few hours ago. I ask for a temporary absence from hospital but the doctors at first were skeptical but they finally understood my worries and decided to let me attend the interview without the baby
The Agent: are you serious? she called the CO to hear my wife story………………………..the CO was impressed by my wife courage and determination to get the visa. Because my wife was in pain. The agent asked for all our documents and the CO decided to interview my wife immediately after the documents checking.
The interview
CO: I can`t believes you came here few hours after giving birth!
My wife: answer……….
CO: baby gender?
My wife: baby girl and I gave her name
CO:…………….still amazed by my wife courage……………………..
My wife:……………………still in pain…………………………….
CO: pleased my wife to have a seat
My wife: thanks
CO: asked my wife to raise her right hand and swear to tell the truth ------------------then took fingerprint-----------
My wife: did
CO: recheck my wife diplomas and school transcript. Were you on F1 status in the pass?
My wife:ans………….
CO: where do you live ?
My wife:ans……………
CO: what are you doing for living?
My wife:ans----------
CO:do you have relative in US?
My wife:ans---------------
My wife:ans--------------------------
CO: started typing………………….afterward she asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth ………….
Me: did----------------
CO: confirmed my profession
Me: correct
CO: in which us state are you going to live?

Me:ans------------------------
Me:ans-------------------------
CO: ok --------and started typing--------------then asked both of us to sign the DS230 form, she added that the newborn will be processed at the port of entry. She pulled out the letter "Welcome to the United States” and said we were approved and wished us good luck.

It was a fabulous day!

What a great story you told here! It's unbelievable!
You told us that you came from Belgium, i'm a belgian to!
Did you lived in the northern part, or southern part? Or may be Brussels?
I leave near by Brussels.

Wish you a happy future! Congratulations with the little baby girl!
Where did you aplied for the dv? Canada?

Hopefully numbers will jump after October 22nd re-draw...

Do you have to prove that you have enough money to make it in USA?

In some cases they don't ask anything about your financial situation. But, imo opinion it is required to have some money.
With less than 5000 buck, you can have trouble. Finding a job will not be easy, so how will you make money?
You need to rely on your own, so please take care and try to build up good financials.

In some cases they don't ask anything about your financial situation. But, imo opinion it is required to have some money.
With less than 5000 buck, you can have trouble. Finding a job will not be easy, so how will you make money?
You need to rely on your own, so please take care and try to build up good financials.

So roughly 5000 would be enough?? I just heard that they needed proof of something like 100k... :eek:

Which would be quite hard to put together for me.

Which source has provided you this nonsense. This is absolutely wrong, i know 5000 is really low, better would be to have much more.
But it all depends about how you spend your money. Some people can do it with 5000, other not

Guys, as I know from my country's american embassy for two people needs to show 14 000 dollarat the interview!!!
So 5 000 very poor...just think how much money a car, a motel or hotel after a rent without credit history etc.

14k dollars sounds reasonable, but how do people from poorer backrounds get so much money together?? 14k is quite a bit even by western standarts.