• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

EUROPEAN SELECTEES! Meet here!!

I was selected in the 2013 lottery in rep of ireland.
heres what happened me,and if it helps anyone,then great!!! oct 2011=submitted entry
may 12-2012,checked website with confirmation code and saw i was selected for further processing.
may 20-downloaded forms,got 2 photos and sent them to kcc.
oct 3-received email stating interview date in dublin for dec 3rd.
nov =got police certificate,leaving cert results,and done medical.
dec 3,attented embassy.paid 330 dollars for visa.handed in forms.
everything was right,and visa will b posted to my house in jan 2013.
i have till sep 30 to enter usa.

thats my story,thats how long it all took.
if anyones wondering the procedure for rep of ireland,this is it from the horses mouth.
best of luck to all involved.
darren.

I am going to have an interview in Dublin. Would you please point out what kind of questions they asked? Thanks

I am going to have an interview in Dublin. Would you please point out what kind of questions they asked? Thanks

I done the inter in early Feb.
Make sure you have all of the paper work\photos required, and your names match all of the doucments.
You must have a A3 paded envalope with €12.50 of stamps on it.
You will hand this in first and will be told to take a seat and the officer will call you

The officer will call you and they will take your finger prints and swear you in.
He will then ask where you planning on going, and what you plan on doing
Thats all I got asked

You sign the form and hopefully he will say everything is in order and your passport will be posted out to you within a week

Hey guys.. besides the fact you had to sign the sworn statement and to swear that whatever you've written is true, did you have a chance to correct any mistakes in your ds-230? or were you asked if you wanna do it?

Hi, Has anyone done interview in helsinki? Do they ask everybody bankstatement and affidavit of support? how much then should i have, we are a family of 4.
Thanks

Hey guys.. besides the fact you had to sign the sworn statement and to swear that whatever you've written is true, did you have a chance to correct any mistakes in your ds-230? or were you asked if you wanna do it?

Yes, I was able to change my wife's DS-230 during my interview. I just asked the lady who was in charge of gathering the documents and she accepted. I heard that some people were asked straight away if they wanted to change something in their application package. It really depends on the CO. Some may be skeptical to allow changes at this level of the process.

Thank you so much for your answer. I also believe my interview would be in December or maybe January. I am trying to sort out the police records right now.

Thank you so much for your answer. I also believe my interview would be in December or maybe January. I am trying to sort out the police records right now.

December or January???

I dont understand are you DV 2014 winner?? I thought it was not announced yet.

Had my interview yesterday. All went fine and i spent in the embassy less than an hour. CO wasnt that cool but basically she didnt ask me any question ;) the only question i was asked was about my plans. No additional documents needed. ;)

Exactly 5 weeks of wait for the result for us :D Hope will be a good one :D
Btw, as posted in another thread, please post your exp as we like to have a clue on what was like talking with the CO in your country :D

all went fine and extremely fast. i spent less than an hour in the embassy. my interview was schedule at 8. they let me in at 7.45. after 5 min lady called me to a window to take all my documents and asked me couple of regular questions (she had to fill up a paper). then i was asked to sit down and wait. so i did. after another maybe 10 min i was called again to take my fingers prints and pay the fee. after that i sat down again all stressed. lol. in 15 min i saw that my number appeared and i was asked to go to the window number 8, in the back of the room. i knew that the interview time had come. i had to swear that whatever i wrote on my application is true and that i was going to tell the truth. so i did. after that she was only typing, typing, typing and typing. at the ed she looked at me and asked what i am going to do. i gave her an answer and that was it. she just told me i have to pick up my passport by the end of this week.
whole "interview" took maybe 7 min.

ok thank you very much... very helpful info.

Hi, we had our medical examination at Knightbrigde Doctors in London last week. First we had our vaccination docs. checked. (The nurse wasn`t very kind, I felt like she had had enough of patients...) Nurse said that we needed 2 vaccs: MMR and Tetanus-diphtheria. Also said that it would be £30+38 each, or we can do an immunization blood test what is £60 each (it means £120 for the MMR and TeDi / person) and then get the vaccines if needed or the third option we can have it done at our surgery where we live. So we decided to have it done at our GP`s surgery. It was free both of the vaccines! Only needed to email or fax to Knight-bridge the proof of it having done. Then we had chest x-ray. It wasn`t as bad as I remembered. Back in my country we had to undress the top half completely, here women can put a dressing gown on. Then a doctor checked us from top to toe: height, weight, eyesight, skin, checked boobies, ankles, throat, teeth, abdomen, and also checked genitals (what I don`t understand why needed and think is very humiliating), took blood for syphilis and checked blood pressure. Anyway it took about 30-40 mins altogether, then had to wait a few more mins to have the invoice. The administrator was very kind and helpful.
Since then we have already had the necessary shots, my shoulder is still aching because of the tetanus...Sent the proof to Knightsbridge via email and they also replied.
Probably by now you have done your medical exam as well, this maybe can be helpful for others. The fee of the exam is £227/adults (less for children) +any additional vaccine or test if needed.

Hi, we had our medical examination at Knightbrigde Doctors in London last week. First we had our vaccination docs. checked. (The nurse wasn`t very kind, I felt like she had had enough of patients...) Nurse said that we needed 2 vaccs: MMR and Tetanus-diphtheria. Also said that it would be £30+38 each, or we can do an immunization blood test what is £60 each (it means £120 for the MMR and TeDi / person) and then get the vaccines if needed or the third option we can have it done at our surgery where we live. So we decided to have it done at our GP`s surgery. It was free both of the vaccines! Only needed to email or fax to Knight-bridge the proof of it having done. Then we had chest x-ray. It wasn`t as bad as I remembered. Back in my country we had to undress the top half completely, here women can put a dressing gown on. Then a doctor checked us from top to toe: height, weight, eyesight, skin, checked boobies, ankles, throat, teeth, abdomen, and also checked genitals (what I don`t understand why needed and think is very humiliating), took blood for syphilis and checked blood pressure. Anyway it took about 30-40 mins altogether, then had to wait a few more mins to have the invoice. The administrator was very kind and helpful.
Since then we have already had the necessary shots, my shoulder is still aching because of the tetanus...Sent the proof to Knightsbridge via email and they also replied.
Probably by now you have done your medical exam as well, this maybe can be helpful for others. The fee of the exam is £227/adults (less for children) +any additional vaccine or test if needed.

yeah we have also passed medicals... and also decided to get vaccines at our local gps for free and then emailed proof to them... Our physical exam wasnt extensive at all... genitalia check was done by just lifting pants up for less than a second... Btw it takes 2 days for x-rays and blood tests to be completed...

X-ray dosage that they do at knightsbridge doctors is very low, its about 3 times lower than of those at NHS... so dont worry.

However whole process took us about 2 hours... most of the time we had to wait in waiting room... We have interview on April 3rd so might post results here.. if anyone would wish for them.

... We have interview on April 3rd so might post results here.. if anyone would wish for them.

It will be a week before our interview. Getting more and more exciting and nervous too. I think anybody would be interested in your interview experience, so PLS GIVE DETAILED SUMMARY. Looking forward to reading it. Cheers.

And nearly forgot: good luck!

It will be a week before our interview. Getting more and more exciting and nervous too. I think anybody would be interested in your interview experience, so PLS GIVE DETAILED SUMMARY. Looking forward to reading it. Cheers.

And nearly forgot: good luck!

Ok, will do :)