Employment based immigration backlog petition

Originally posted by cinta
Edison,

Actually there was no response to the original petition, right?
This was just the Tzikas business. Contrary, AILA's response to myself said more things..readjudications, etc. For more visit the Migration Policy Institute. Let us take it professionally with AILA and see..

Cinta,
I remember reading your message. Could you please post id you used to contact AILA?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: reply from Rick Santorum

Post it and answer back in a professional way.
Congress.org is NOT Gerlach's web site, but is good is there.
I know it is not his own site it is gov site. he got little part of that :)
What do I need to reply to Sentrorum... ? Any ideas or suggestions?

Response

Guys,

The response is not only tasteless; it fails to namely refer to the problem in a correct way. Our problem is not delays in processing I-485 applications but EMPLOYMENT BASED I-485 applications. Maybe by the second time they will get it right. I-485 applications include the Family based, the TPS, the Religious, and a lot of others against whom we have been discriminated. Hopefully any future solution will not go towards these groups again!

Re: Re: Re: reply from Rick Santorum

Originally posted by allsucks
I know it is not his own site it is gov site. he got little part of that :)
What do I need to reply to Sentrorum... ? Any ideas or suggestions?

Post it first and we can suggest. In any case, you may write it as follows:
First paragraph: Senator Santorum,you are one of the stars of the Republican party with a lot of weight and mandate. ......
Second paragraph: I am afraid you missed the explanation of the problem. Explain the misunderstanding..Say you want direct answers..

Originally posted by tammy2
May be it is good idea to donate the blood for our GC campaign. We all should conduct the blood donation camp in the towns to attract the media attention.

Tammy2 it is novel idea Iam copying it to Action team and Backlogs threads. It can be incorporated in to our future plan of actions

Response from BCIS

The response is not good. Looks like no one can awaken them except the congress. The response is pretty generic (like the automatic Emails we get when we apply for some jobs on the job sites). The response does not mention what steps they are going to take to tackle the backlog. But atleast they didn't put it in the back burner. I think they will look into that some time later and it will help the future I485 applicants.

Re: Response from BCIS

Originally posted by dsatish
The response is not good. Looks like no one can awaken them except the congress. The response is pretty generic (like the automatic Emails we get when we apply for some jobs on the job sites). The response does not mention what steps they are going to take to tackle the backlog. But atleast they didn't put it in the back burner. I think they will look into that some time later and it will help the future I485 applicants.

No problem. Write again and again and again.....

Re: Response from BCIS

Originally posted by dsatish

dsatish,

Three things:

1: The response did not come from the Ombudsman to whom the petition was sent..nor from anybody else for that matter. There are actually questions about this Ombudsman business with regard to communication as we are not even sure if he received the petition.
2: Even if one forgets number 1) above and considers the generic response as if it came from his office, the response by itself fails to refer to the actual problem of Employment based applications. It only refers to backlogs to I-485 applications which frankly is not the case.
3: As Rajiv said, try again. Maybe more signatures this time. This time however, we should demand an explanation as to the lack of response. That is also why we should start calling these people. Him himself or his bosses.

If You Always Do What You Have Always Done....
You’ll Always Get What You Always Got

USCIS will not answer till they are made to answer.

Cinta,
I agree with you. We should make an appointment with Mr Khatri. Once we collect the fund, we can ask who is going to volunteer to take up that task. We can compensate them for the leave they take.

Anna Eshoo (D CA 14th)'s Letter to Director of CSC

(originall posted at Project Ocean thread at CSC forum)

My presentative Anna Eshoo had sent a letter to Don Neufeld, Director of CSC last week
just after I handed our petition and 149 pages of list of 3,133 signatures at her town hall meeting.
-kashmir

November 11, 2003

Mr. Don Neufeld, Director
California Service Center
Post Office Box 30111
Laguna Niguel, California 92607

Dear Mr. Neufeld,

I'm writing to request information about the back-log of the employment based I-485 Adjustment of Status applications.

As you know, the California Service Center has virtually stopped adjudicating these applications in the past two years and it is just now slowly beginning to review these cases again. Your office is currently adjudicating applications that were received on December 16, 2001 and earlier. This is after being frozen at the adjudication date of 11/16/2001 since January of 2002.

I have many constituents approaching me in frustration as to why these applications are moving at such a slow pace and when more resources will be allocated to adjudicating them. It would be very helpful for me in attempting to answer their questions if you would address this issue with detailed response. As you can imagine, this delay is causing hardship and anxiety to many families awaiting a decision.

Thank you for your time and attention to my request and I look forward to your timely response.

Sincerely,
(Anna Eshoo's signature)
Anna G. Eshoo
Member of Congress

Enclosure

CSC - I-485 within one year !?

If many Congressional members would send similar letter to the Director of each service center,
each service center would actually have to implement the following statements.

(originall posted at Project Ocean thread at CSC thread)
1) immigration.com
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104580
http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/cscupd111803.html

CSC Updates – 11/18/03

Division I (I-131, I-140, I-485, I-526, I-529)

Processing times for I-485’s

The center is focusing to bring the processing times to within one year for the I-485’s in the next 6 months.

Copyright ©1993-2003 Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna. All rights reserved.

2) masudafunai.com
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104733
http://www.masudafunai.com/english/.../up11-17-03.asp

Updates for Week of November 17, 2003

USCIS SERVICE CENTERS PROVIDE UPDATES

California Service Center

2. The CSC stated that it expects to bring the Form I-485 Application to Adjust Status to within one year. The CSC stated that additional resources have been dedicated to this initiative.

Copyright ©2002 Masuda Funai Eifert & Mitchel

3. murthy.com
Processing Time Reductions

The CSC predicts that, over the next six months, they will reduce the processing times for I-485s to within one year. They have allocated additional personnel to this task. ....
We should get these statements through Congressional offices.
Let's send your letter to ask Senators or Congressperson to urge the Director of the service center, to allocate resources dedicated to EB I-485.
-kashmir

Re: CSC - I-485 within one year !?

Originally posted by kashmir
If many Congressional members would send similar letter to the Director of each service center,
each service center would actually have to implement the following statements.

(originall posted at Project Ocean thread at CSC thread)
We should get these statements through Congressional offices.
Let's send your letter to ask Senators or Congressperson to urge the Director of the service center, to allocate resources dedicated to EB I-485.
-kashmir

That’s is very encouraging.

Congress / Kashmir

Kashmir, great job buddy. You are one of the few reasons that I keep visiting this site. Anna is a great congresswoman (incidently she belongs to the Greek Congressional Caucus also! call it coincidence).

Suggestion: Can you post a professional letter with references listed (i.e. CSC, etc) , so the guests here can use it for e-mailing, mailing, faxing..asking the Congressmen and women to pressure the Centers directors for explanation and more resources (can include AILA references also).

What happened to the Class action suit. I went to that thread, some one wrote to follow this thread. I don't see anything regarding the lawsuit here. Folks, lets take proactive action, and go ahead with lawsuit. I know there are hundreds, if not thousands of people who want to pay.

We are behaving like INS (take forever) to try for lawsuit.

Yes, please post a letter. I will send it to MO congressman/senator. I would like to see Nebraska service center make similiar commitment.

Kashmir,
CSC is the only center that has announced that it will reduce the backlogs soon. I think this is due to the efforts the CSC forum members ike you have been putting. You guys have contacted and put pressure on a lot of congress men/women and now you are beginning to see the fruits of your efforts. Congrats to your team. I hope we (VSC team) can emulate your efforts.

Re: Congress / Kashmir

Suggestion: Can you post a professional letter with references listed (i.e. CSC, etc) , so the guests here can use it for e-mailing, mailing, faxing..asking the Congressmen and women to pressure the Centers directors for explanation and more resources (can include AILA references also).

Cinta,

http://projects.immigrationportal.com/

This allows us to coordinate our efforts. We can upload and keep files in organised way. We are getting there.

Karma_Yoga

Great job Kashmir and others of CSC jurisdiction

I e-mailed our petition to all VA congress members, George the president, and congress policy committee, but did not get much response except for acknowledgements that they received my "enquiry". I then faxed (using fax machine not computer fax) our petition to all VA congress members. So far I have only received response from Senator John Warner, Rep. Tom Davis, and Senator George Allen's office. But they nothing compared with Congresswoman Ana's letter to the CSC director.

Other VA applicants, please also fax our petition to ALL 11 Virginia representatives and the 2 senators.

Others of VSC jurisdiction, please fax our petition to your local congress members. If the congress members receive hundreds of our faxes, they would have think twice before ignoring our concerns. According to my phone conversation with Tom Davis's office, they have not received many faxes from us. Please act, guys. United, we are strong!