Employment based immigration backlog petition

Originally posted by kash777
Rajiv,Edison.
I am glad to read your message. It will good if there is some idea of long period waiting for 485 from your side. As we know there are lot of people waiting here say Oct 2001 or around. If we gave them which month can be regarded as long wait from statistics of all 5 service centers will be good.

I am going to India Dec11 th and will be back by Jan 10th or aound. But I will send check around that time. Also I will keep accessing my emails from India. I am going to return on AP .

Count on me...

Compare the wait against the official time. anything over the official time is good. The more, the better.

funny thing about official time is : say VSC 485 official time is Jan 15th 2002 as on today .So guys before this is oct,nov,Dec 2001 are long wait . But we see there are approvals every day of June ,July, 2002 what can be said to official time when they display as official time Jan 15th 2002 and process cases of Mar,Apr,May,Jun,July,Aug 2002 ? where can we count this ?

Hi all

I have faxed to Sen. Kerry and Sen. Diance. I have to faxed to 2 person b'czo my 485 is filed in CSC but from 1 year i have moved to VSC area. God know which one would work.

I guess my case is longest in VSC

Rajiv,Edison,dsatish,140_takes_4ever,

Count me in.

Edision: I have sent three PMs one on 21st Nov, one on 25th Nov and one today. I know that you are doing real good job but i want to involve in this Project Ocean. Please add me in to the action team if you want some one from NC state.

Thanks,
MSR01

:confused:

ACTION

Guys,

I read about a lot of confusion for the SUIT and the delays.

The GOVERNMENT ITSELF admitted this through the GAO REPORT, from may 2001. Ever since, things got worse, due to obvious reasons..Failure of the current administration to tackle the Immigration Backlogs..PERIOD...Failure of the USCIS Director in his job, failure of the Ombudsman and the rest.........

So follow thw history and the story. Relax and by the way everybody above six months is a real case.

So here is the report for the second time. Start from here.

GAO report: GAO-01-488, d01488.pdf, available at:

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/

Re: I guess my case is longest in VSC

Originally posted by MSR01

Count me in.

Edision: I have sent three PMs one on 21st Nov, one on 25th Nov and one today. I know that you are doing real good job but i want to involve in this Project Ocean. Please add me in to the action team if you want some one from NC state.

Thanks,
MSR01

I am not involved, friend. The projects are a community effort. To contact me, call or email me. My account does not accept PM for the moment. I am sure these folks are keeping tabs on the messages. If you do not hear from them, let me know. Good to have you on board.

Originally posted by kash777
funny thing about official time is : say VSC 485 official time is Jan 15th 2002 as on today .So guys before this is oct,nov,Dec 2001 are long wait . But we see there are approvals every day of June ,July, 2002 what can be said to official time when they display as official time Jan 15th 2002 and process cases of Mar,Apr,May,Jun,July,Aug 2002 ? where can we count this ?

Take an arbitrary month. Let us say all people who have been waiting over official times in any one month. Or simpler, anyone whose time feels a bit out of the ordinary.

Our claim will be that all delays are unreasonable. Nevertheless, we will include those petitioners whose delays are beyond "ordinary."

Our claim will be that all delays are unreasonable

Absolutely right!

just look at the recent AP error:

According to the VSC the RFEs came up as employees new to the area was not aware of the memos. The center is not issuing these RFEs anymore. On the other hand the center is not in a position to pick up the cases in which the RFE has been sent. Hence the center advises that if one has such an RFE one should respond with the statement...

It's their mistake, but they cannot(don't even want to) fix it, people's year-end travle plan just get screwed up for no reason. how nice!

That's how they mean:

This agency continues to strive for excellence and a better way to serve the people (quote from their repsonse of our petition)

Now all the sudden, some people get 3rd fp notice,
oh,god ... what on earth is going on behind their door

Re: I guess my case is longest in VSC

Originally posted by MSR01

Count me in.

Thanks,
MSR01

Core team was formed from active members of this forum / project. I got lot of PMs who want to be part of core team, I requested them to join/form state level group/volunteer.

Let's consolidate all the volunteers(new and old) and then we can add representative from each state or expand core team accordingly.

If we add lot of members to core team then it is very difficult to manage or focus on issues.

Microlevel management is good to succeed in our mission. So let's have two tier team as planned earlier
1. Core action team
2. Volunteers for action team

MSR01,
I think this is the first time you volunteered in this forum, I've have never seen your reply for all my requests to join action team(various threads). It is better to post in open forum than just sending PM.

It looks like you are from NC goahaed and start NC group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Its a Go!

Originally posted by operations
What I need now from the community now is a list of may be 5 to10 I-485 applicants whose applications have been pending for a long time; who have relatively "clean cases" (degrees from USA, verifiable experience, no criminal background, working with the same employer who is processing the green card and preferably some extraordinary hardship because of the delay).
Thanks for the update, Rajiv.

TO: the community members,
Rajiv needs the list of applicants.
Let's make the list for each service center by the end of this week.
For the number, how about targetting the following ?
1) VSC 4
2) CSC 3
3) NSC 2
4) TSC 2
total 11

Start from applicants with filing date before official processing date today.
If enough applicants are not nominated, then extend one month tomorrow.
12/9 - before processing date (example: ND<12/16/2001 for CSC)
12/10 - processing date + 1 month (ND<1/16/2002 for CSC)
12/11 - processing date + 2 months (ND<2/15/2002 for CSC)
12/12 - any
Any comment ?
-kashmir

Originally posted by lz25888
Mr. Sharma haven't replied my email yet. Where to send the money then?
Please wait. Let us all do it together.

YJay,
Can you please send an Email to Mr Sharma regarding fund collection ?

Originally posted by dsatish
Please wait. Let us all do it together.

YJay,
Can you please send an Email to Mr Sharma regarding fund collection ?

Sharma ji called me. I have told him we have put a call to the Bar. Just to make sure they have no problem with the arrangement. As we had checked out earlier, opening a bank account is no problem.

We will probably need some type of written understanding containing terms:

1. The money is expected to be spent for the pusposes of the litigation.

2. The contributor holds Vijay Sharma harmless against any allegations of misappropriations. The accounts will be available for inspection at his/our office.

Any ideas what we should do if there is a remainder? It will be tough to go looking for people to return their money. Should Sharma ji just hold it for future similar efforts?

Any ideas, folks?

Problem

Here is the response from the Bar:

Rajiv,
One Ms. Barbara called from the VA bar and we discussed the arrangement.
She informed that such an arrangement is not possible. She gave two reasons.

1. She said that such funds from the community cannot be channeled through a non-attorney.

2. Even though we have not solicited the funds and the community is paying voluntarily, the funds are being given for the legal representation and hence would be considered legal fees. Such funds have to be deposited to a client account.

Regards

The only other thing I can think of

..is for us to start a subscription based sub forum on our web site. This forum will carry a certain fees. The minimum being $50.00 or whatever with no maximum limit. This forum will be for direct discussions with me. There is no commitment that the fees will be used for any specific purpose. So it is not being collected as legal fees.

Or

You can just send us your pledges (how much money you intend to contribute). Then as we spend the money, we will call on the pledgees to send in their checks. That way, we are not collecting in advance. Everything is trust based.

Or

.....???

Any ideas?

Rajiv,
Will there be a problem if we open an account for non-profit organization to collect funds, and then non-profit organization can pay the legal fees.

Thank you

Thanks Rajiv for your reply.

Kashmir: I have used AC21. If it is considered as straight farward case you can count me for VSC. After Interview on Feb 6th 2003 nothing heard from Charlotte Local USCIS office except 2nd FP on 20th Sep 2003.

Thank you all.

MSR01

LZ25888, dsatish, and others,

Vijay Sharma has answered my e-mail, the same as Rajiv has posted here. We have to wait a couple of days for them to straighten out the issues with the bar association or we work out a way to do it.

SUIT

Guys, Edison, Yjay, Rajiv,

How about extending an invitation to other immigration law firms and/or the ACLU to join in the class action suit,

OR just inform them? at this stage?

GIVEN the fact that this group is just a snapshot of all cases pendind (2-3%).