Employment based immigration backlog petition

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Data Cleanup

Originally posted by Edison
It would be better if we send the copies to them also.

Edison, let us have operations suggest the proper way, at least in the case of Tom Ridge since he is the boss and we send the petition to somebody under him. I think in this case CC is better, since it does not marginalise or deminish his position.

edison,dsatish..

I agree with Cinta ,sending cc to Tom Ridge. But I will appreciate if we get advise from Rajiv and move ahead.

How about also making a pr draft and sending it to bureaus like Wash Post, NY times. That way, we will get added visibility plus BCIS' blunders will become public. Atleast that way, they wont be able to sweep our petition under the carpet.

Originally posted by junwalla
How about also making a pr draft and sending it to bureaus like Wash Post, NY times. That way, we will get added visibility plus BCIS' blunders will become public. Atleast that way, they wont be able to sweep our petition under the carpet.
We will do better to try to reach out to congress men and Senators directly and submit the petition so that they can incorporate our requests into the pending immigration bills.

Rajiv and Monica

Thank you very much for acting so quickly on my requests. Now i can see the I485 backlog petition link is very prominently displayed on the main page of www.immigration.com. Thanks for also adding this link under the "Selected Topics" and "immigration.com Updates" section. Now these features will bring a lot of people into the signature drive.
We are very greatful for your help and co-operation.

Originally posted by junwalla

junwalla,

Yes. Let us start with a pr draft based on the petition itself, or a combination of a cover letter aimed at the press with the petition.
Could you open a new thread and name it like, "PETITION PRESS ACTIVITIES", so we can post there all information about the newspapers?

new thread?

Originally posted by dsatish
We will do better to try to reach out to congress men and Senators directly and submit the petition so that they can incorporate our requests into the pending immigration bills.

dsatish,

Could you start a new thread with something like "PETITION CONGRESS ACTIVITIES"? In this way we can post there the plan for contacting Congress, Senate and other government officials. This is the time by looking at all the immigration bills.
We could also use AILA's "COntact COngress" facility if we want??? Need to post the petition or a modified version there after getting permission?

Another petition to CONGRESS MEN

Cinta,
I have created a new thread to discuss about preparing a petition addressed to Congress Men.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Rajiv and Monica

Thank you very much for acting so quickly on my requests. Now i can see the I485 backlog petition link is very prominently displayed on the main page of www.immigration.com. Thanks for also adding this link under the "Selected Topics" and "immigration.com Updates" section. Now these features will bring a lot of people into the signature drive.
We are very greatful for your help and co-operation.

I cannot tell you how pleased we are to be able to assist. It really did not take much time from us. You guys did mots of the work. Be cool, all.

Re: New Petition to CONGRESS MEN

Rajiv,
We are preparing a new petition addressed to congress men. I have already poosted the draft copy in the following thread. Would you mind to represent us (for communication with congress men) for that petition also ?
Here is the petition draft :
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96876

Oh sure. My pleasure. E-mail me a copy if you want me to review it. It might take me a few days to get to it (I am in the middle of a project).

A communication between me and an Indian Publication

India Tribune would like to do a story on the petition being sent by you to Mr. Prakash Khatri.
We would like to know the following details:

* How many people have so far signed up the online petition?

+++++++++++++++++++++++Monica, how many so far?

* When do you plan to submit the petition to the Ombudsman?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++whenever people command.

* Do you have any data on how many cases are pending at the I-485 stage and what has been their average waiting time?

+++++++++++++++++++++++Hmmm. Deepa, can you please check that for me first thing tomorrow.

* What are the primary causes for the delay in the processing time?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++As per BCIS - lack of reources.

* Who else is doing similar efforts like you to expedite the processing time? Is there any word from the American Immigration Lawyers Association on this regard?

+++++++++++++++++++++++Their efforts are usually more general. As far as I know, the community at immigrationportal.com (not really I or our office - we are just helping) are the only group, Prashanth.

Questions

Rajiv,

We are all so thankful for your efforts. This immigrant community is so grateful. Thanks for contacting the India Tribune. We are in the process of contacting, or at least made the Petition available to other mainstream media as well.
Question on AILA: So far we have nobody else on this bandwagon. EDISON will provide us with some answers from immigration lawyers later. AILA expressed interest on more general issues.
Summary:
Sign-On Letter Urges BCIS to Restore Direct
Phone Access to Service Centers

Sign-On Letter Urges BCIS Not to Contract Out
the Immigration Officer Function

Results of AILA Survey Finds Extremely High
Rate of Dissatisfaction with BCIS 800 Number

AILA Backrounder:
Ombudsman Issues

AILA Urges President and Congress to Get Serious about
Backlog Reduction

Testimony of Palma Yanni on the Impact of Visa Approval
Backlogs on Small Business

AILA Issue Paper on Comprehensive Immigration Reform

Restricting Immigrant Access to Driver's Licenses

Rajiv

To answer some of your questions,
1) How many signatures so far -- 1186 as of 3 PM on 9/9/03
2) When to send petition to Khatri -- Next Monday (9/15/03) -- if every one agrees
3) Number of pending applications -- Hope that you will get that figure. I might be wrong, but i want to make some rough calculation. At Vermont itself, on an acverage 8000 employment based I485 applications are filed every month. If the workload at other service centres is 50% of that of Vermont, then we can say the total pending = 20*8000*2.5 = 400,000 . So if there are minor flaws in this calculation (waiting periods are more at other service centres), you can say approximately half a million applications are pending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Street Address

Originally posted by operations
also need his address
Rajiv,
It looks to me that we will have to mail our petition to the street address of Dept of Homeland Security. I tried to search to see if there is any exclusive address for Mr Khatri. I could not find any.
Here is the mailing address of DHS (as i found in www.dhs.gov):

Department of Homeland Security
Washington D.C - 20528

So let's mail our petition to

Prakash Khatri,
Citizenship and Immigration- Ombudsman
Department of Homeland Security
Washington D.C - 20528

Emails to all the registered members

Rajiv / Monica,
I think that there are thousands of registered users in your website under different forums like H1B, I485, Labor Certifications etc. How ever, we have got only 1200 signatures till now. This is quite low compared to our potential.
Could you please ask the administrator to send Emails to all the registered users with a request to sign the I485 backlog petition ?
If you can do that, that will add thousands of signatures to our campaign.