Employment based immigration backlog petition

Re: Great Start

Folks,
Firstly, Rajiv is helping us in his own capacity without accepting anything in return.

The objective of my note was this:

1.) To show BCIS that this is a general problem faced by all of us .
2.) To have as many participants as possible.

I have seen cases being hurt, by making it look like it was influenced for a cause. I am not sure whether Rajiv is okay with being this explicit about his firm too. Maybe, we are not reading between the lines correctly.
Anyway, Good effort folks, and we must thank Rajiv for making it happen.

Monica,

Could you please add 2003 also as valid Receipt date/Notice date.

This will help us to gather more signatures.

Thanks.

Sure

Hi All,

Yes I shall add 2003 in the year. Rajiv has no preferences about his name being there on the petition. Its upto you all what you want. I will take it off for now but later if you decide to have it back, please let me know.

Thanks

Re: Petition updated

Originally posted by monica1
Changes have been made.
Please see the updated petition.

Monica

As Monica noted, we have no particular preference about our name being in or out. We stand by you either way. For now, we will remove our name at the bottom but leave it in the body of the petition as contact organization for response.

Let us know if you want things done any differently. Its all good, as far as we are concerned. The focus is you - not us.

Re: Sure

Hi All,

Yes I shall add 2003 in the year. Rajiv has no preferences about his name being there on the petition. Its upto you all what you want. I will take it off for now but later if you decide to have it back, please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks

I feel it would be better if we could make Receipt Date and Notice Date as optional. So that applicants waiting for Labor certification or other non-immigrants with immigration intent can sign the petition.

Suggestions Please.

Originally posted by Edison
I feel it would be better if we could make Receipt Date and Notice Date as optional. So that applicants waiting for Labor certification or other non-immigrants with immigration intent can sign the petition.

Suggestions Please.

The petition can be signed by ANYONE at all. Even those who are not in immigration process. It is from all of us and our supporters.

Originally posted by operations
The petition can be signed by ANYONE at all. Even those who are not in immigration process. It is from all of us and our supporters.

Rajiv,
To get everyone sign our petition , we should make Receipt date and Notice date optional.

Rajiv / Monica....

a small request....

Can we add "Sr. no," in the list of signatures so that we know how many people have signed and also probably it will have a better impact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rajiv/Monica,

Is it possible to e-mail about this petition to all the registered users of immigration.com?
E-mail might bring back some inactive users to sign the petition.

Thanks.

Rajiv and Monica, is it possible to add a counter at the end of signatures. Right now about 350 signatures collected. How many are we aiming for?

Timeframe

dengdeng,
We have to set some timeframe and move forward. We can't set any target number for the count. Let's try to get as many as possible. I personally would like to give it atleast 10 to 14 days for the signatures.

petition modified

Hi All,

The petition has been modified so that you will not be forced to enter receipt date and notice data. I shall look into the suggestion for a counter tomorrow.

Thanks

Monica

Technical Writer

One of the forum members is a technical writer cum project manager. He has formatted our letter. But looks like, he has not seen Rajiv's final letter. So i feel that right now, we can't use his skills for this petition. Probably we can use his skills when we send a letter to congressmen and Senators.
Please see the last posting by "jonboutilier" in the following thread :

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=571844#post571844

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Technical Writer

I quickly glanced thru. jonboutilier's modified doc. Like Rajiv's letter, it also seemed well formatted and professional. We can certainly use his skills in the future.

Originally posted by dsatish
One of the forum members is a technical writer cum project manager. He has formatted our letter. But looks like, he has not seen Rajiv's final letter. So i feel that right now, we can't use his skills for this petition. Probably we can use his skills when we send a letter to congressmen and Senators.
Please see the last posting by "jonboutilier" in the following thread :

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=571844#post571844

Rajiv / Monica

Rajiv,
I have two requests for you:
1) Thanks for posting the link to the petition on the main page of www.immigration.com . But i found that the text is spread over two lines and does not look catchy where as the Vermont I485 petition and BCIS Phone service petition are very prominently displayed. Since the other two petitions are now obsolete(past their prime:p ), can you please rearrange the hyper link for the Backlog Petition ? This helps us in getting the attention of thousands of people who visit your web site daily, and who do not enter discussion boards. It is difficult for us to catch them.
2) Can you please add the link to this petition under the "selected Topics" frame in the Main page (right side of main page)

Re: Rajiv / Monica

Originally posted by dsatish
Rajiv,
I have two requests for you:
1) Thanks for posting the link to the petition on the main page of www.immigration.com . But i found that the text is spread over two lines and does not look catchy where as the Vermont I485 petition and BCIS Phone service petition are very prominently displayed. Since the other two petitions are now obsolete(past their prime:p ), can you please rearrange the hyper link for the Backlog Petition ? This helps us in getting the attention of thousands of people who visit your web site daily, and who do not enter discussion boards. It is difficult for us to catch them.
2) Can you please add the link to this petition under the "selected Topics" frame in the Main page (right side of main page)

OK. Monica, please do so.

Re: petition modified

Hi All,

The petition has been modified so that you will not be forced to enter receipt date and notice data. I shall look into the suggestion for a counter tomorrow.

Thanks

Monica

Monica,
Please remove "*"(asterisk) before Receipt date and Notice Date, so that everyone will understand those are optional fields.