Edu Denial – for not having Magic word ‘Combination’ – lawsuit

uestions

Questions
1. Advice the following 3 items that are mentioned in the letter
a. Pattern of Education
b. Combination of Degree
c. Inconsistency among Service centers
Any thing to add/remove to make a strong case
2. Can we provide any supporting documentation from government of India about our degrees?
3. Are there any cases filed against USCIS in court before on these issues?
4. What is the best way to send this letter?
5. How long we could wait before filing the lawsuit?

Since Mr.Rajiv is already gone through our letter, I haven't sent these question. We will just hear his advice and act according to advice.
Sounds good?

psam123 said:
Since Mr.Rajiv is already gone through our letter, I haven't sent these question. We will just hear his advice and act according to advice.
Sounds good?

Ok Guys,
PSAM is our moderator for this conference call. We all will join 12.45PM EST in this call just to make sure this is working. If there are any technicalities then we need to over come those issues.

PSAM can you start moderating this call 12.45PM EST? This is a free website so not sure how effectively it work.

Any questions concerns thoughts let us know.

Thanks
KK

Sure, I will open the bridge by 12.45PM EST. We can also discuss among ourself and wait for Mr.Rajiv to join in.
KK, can you send me a PM with your phone number. In case if i have problem, i will call you.
Thanks
psam

Instructions to conference call

Instructions

When you use your free conference call number you will need to organize every one in your call by notifying them of the date, time, dial in number and access code of your conference. All parties will call the same dial in number and enter the same access code followed by the # key. Once you are connected to the conference, every caller will be able to talk. All participants will have access to these touch tone commands.

Entering Access Codes

When prompted enter the access code that has been assigned to you followed by the # key. Additional host feature keys can be accessed by pressing the * key at the end of the access code instead of the # key.

Ex: 123456# (# key - access to Participant Feature keys only)

Ex: 123456* (* key - access to Host Feature keys for Organizers and Guest Speakers)

Features By Caller

Participant Feature Keys
3 Exit - exit the conference call
4 Instructions - conference instructions
6 Mute/Unmute - caller controlled muting

Host Feature Keys
(Accessed by following the Access Code with a * instead of a #)
2 Count - plays the number of parties in the call
3 Exit - exit the conference call
4 Instructions - conference instructions
5 Listen only modes - host controlled muting
6 Mute/Unmute - caller controlled muting
7 Secured/Unsecured - stop callers from entering
8 Tone controls

Detailed Touch Tone Explanation

Caller count - 2 key (Host only)
Allows the host to get a count of how many callers are on the code

Exit conference - 3 key
Pressing 3 Takes the individual user out of the conference call and back into the lobby.

Instructions - 4 key
Plays a menu of touch tone commands

Listening modes - 5 key (Host only)
There are 3 different listening modes for the audience – the default mode is open conversation – pressing 5 once will mute the audience however the audience can un-mute them selves by pressing 6 for questions or guest speakers – pressing 5 again will put the audience into mute mode with out the capability of un-muting themselves – press 5 again and it will return you to open conversation mode.

Mute - 6 key
Pressing 6 will mute the line of the individual caller pressing 6 – Pressing 6 again will un-mute the line.

Security - 7 key (Host only)
Pressing 7 will secure the conference and block all other callers attempting to enter the conference – pressing 7 again will re-open the conference to all caller joining.

Tone control - 8 key (Host only)
The default setting is Entry and Exit tones on – pressing 8 once and you will hear entry and exit tones off, press 8 again and you will hear Entry tone off exit tone on, press 8 again and you will hear entry tone on exit tone, pressing 8 one more time will put you back in default mode with both exit and entry tones on.

Updated List so far for Conference call..

psam123
GC2005@NSC
lfgc
ykvbhaskar
perm_lc
kriskish
gcstruggler
expeditegc
perumpulli
Marooti
mvatx - sent PM now
hot_chocolat - email sent
lostguy

psam123 said:
Sure, I will open the bridge by 12.45PM EST. We can also discuss among ourself and wait for Mr.Rajiv to join in.
KK, can you send me a PM with your phone number. In case if i have problem, i will call you.
Thanks
psam

PMed my number to you and lfgc.
Thanks
KK

What is the telephone number to call? I could see only the access code that you sent but not the telephone number.

Thanks.

Give us some details about the guy who got EB2 approval with 3 year degree

PSAM,
Could you please give me the details of the guy who got approval in EB2 with 3 years engineering degree?
Thanks
KK

Meeting Minutes of the conference call..

ykvbhaskar said:
Hi Kris:
Could you please post your discussion with Rajiv today?

Hi Bhaskar,
We had conversation for 30 minutes with Mr. Rajiv.

Basically there were two things we discussed.

1) Sending a letter to Mr. Yates:

This may or may not help. But if we can give this project (writing a memo) to a legal person (jr attorney) who knows the rules and regulations of this 3 year issue that may cost around $2000 total that will help than sending us a letter. Mr. Rajiv will look into this draft once it is completed. We (community forum) did not decide on this yet.

2) Lawsuit:

As per Rajiv, we can go for a lawsuit which needs more and more documentation. It may cost around $15000 per person. If there is a settlement then Mr. Rajiv will charge $5000. There are three groups who are suffering here Only BS degree with 3 yrs, Poly+3 yr engg degree and 3Yr BS + 3 yr engg. So we need to file three lawsuits and can ask USCIS to combine all three (folks correct me if I am wrong here).

It will definately takes more time.

Rajiv's suggestion apart from sending memo and lawsuit back up labor with correct wording according to each and every individual education.

Finally we community forum discussed a little and most of them are inclined towards sending a memo to Yates as soon as possible.

Guys if you want to add anything or want edit or if I miss anything let us know.

Thanks PSAM for moderating this call and thanks to all who have participated.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
KK

I would like to add one more suggestion that Rajiv made towards sending letter. This letter can also to be handed over to a local congress man through our employer or fellow employee or somebody who has voting rights in addition to sending the letter to Mr. Yates.

My understanding about the cost of the lawsuit was $15000 if we didn't reach a settlement. If we reach a settlement before going to court then it is just the lawyer fee $5000.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

kriskish said:
Hi Bhaskar,
We had conversation for 30 minutes with Mr. Rajiv.

Basically there were two things we discussed.

1) Sending a letter to Mr. Yates:

This may or may not help. But if we can give this project (writing a memo) to a legal person (jr attorney) who knows the rules and regulations of this 3 year issue that may cost around $2000 total that will help than sending us a letter. Mr. Rajiv will look into this draft once it is completed. We (community forum) did not decide on this yet.

2) Lawsuit:

As per Rajiv, we can go for a lawsuit which needs more and more documentation. It may cost around $15000 per person. If there is a settlement then Mr. Rajiv will charge $5000. There are three groups who are suffering here Only BS degree with 3 yrs, Poly+3 yr engg degree and 3Yr BS + 3 yr engg. So we need to file three lawsuits and can ask USCIS to combine all three (folks correct me if I am wrong here).

It will definately takes more time.

Rajiv's suggestion apart from sending memo and lawsuit back up labor with correct wording according to each and every individual education.

Finally we community forum discussed a little and most of them are inclined towards sending a memo to Yates as soon as possible.

Guys if you want to add anything or want edit or if I miss anything let us know.

Thanks PSAM for moderating this call and thanks to all who have participated.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
KK

gcstruggler said:
My understanding about the cost of the lawsuit was $15000 if we didn't reach a settlement. If we reach a settlement before going to court then it is just the lawyer fee $5000.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Hi GC,
You are correct but the $15000 and $5000 are per person. Not total cost.
Thanks
KK

B.Com

Guys,

Was my case a fluke .. I did B.COM from India and one year computer course in a private institute.. I got my I-140 approved in March 2005 .. and I had done concurrently applied Aug 2004...

B.COM is a 3 years course ... but I took 4 years to complete .. Did they count it as 4 years program ...

Will they revoke my 140 approval if they find that I had just a BCom degree .. my 485 is not approved yet .. and it might take long time as I am from the Retrogressed country...

Thanks and good luck guys with 3 year program... wonder what one year makes.

Nadi,

Don't you think there is something seriously wrong here? This shows NSC does not adopt uniform policy - so what should we do?:confused:

congrats Nadi

expeditegc
I do not think there is something wrong with NSC... The advertisement and the labor should be tailor made for the case... And the job requirement should not demand computer Sc or equivalent... or if U have good experience the labor should allow U to take benefit from it... 3 year degree or even to that case a High School is not a problem... But U should fit in the right category and do proper paper work..
An PhD with improper documentation may also get rejected, if he is applying for EB1.....

By the way .. congrats Nadi....

Nandi,
On your labor did you have 4 years BS degree and B.Comm mentioned?
I think BSIC just looks at the From Date - To date on your labor instead of seeing how many years it actual takes to complete a degree.
Nandi Congrats.

KK,gcstruggler,
It is $5000 per category (if there is settlement) or $15000 or more(if there is not a settlement).

For example, I see there three folks with 3 years engineering degree. May be all three of us share the cost and go for the lawsuit.
-

And also we can also send letter USCIS first. There are 13 folks attended the conf. We can also contribute little money for writing legal memo.
What do you think guys?

Thanks guys for joining the conf. I feel writing letter and following with lawsuit (if we don't get any response) would not only help us and future GC applicant. Let's fight it out.

Thanks
psam