EB3 with current PD

usually once u submit RFE response...and they recieve it....your case should be approved in 2 weeks times...so keep the party ready Harakad...

HaraKad -- what was the RFE for?

HaraKad

what was the RFE for? What additional information was VSC looking for?

All,

Update from my end is that RFE response has been received case processing has resumed.

Now I hope all the hurdles are cleared.

Whats the update from the rest of you?
alonglonwait4gc, Did the RFE notices reach finally?

Thanks for the reply

What is EVL? is it educational evaluation? Also can you give a very high level timeline on when you saw the online message that you were getting an RFE and when you received the physical paper asking for these things.

this is very frustrating..my case is not moving forward..and the local congressman's office says I got an RFE..but no change in online message and far from the physical paper request...

wish you good luck..I think you should be approved in the next couple of weeks..good luck

Since our case is very old they wanted:

1. EVL
2. recent Pay stubs
3.W2 from 2001 to 2006

What is EVL? is it educational evaluation? Also can you give a very high level timeline on when you saw the online message that you were getting an RFE and when you received the physical paper asking for these things.

this is very frustrating..my case is not moving forward..and the local congressman's office says I got an RFE..but no change in online message and far from the physical paper request...

wish you good luck..I think you should be approved in the next couple of weeks..good luck

supply_demand:

EVL: Employment Verification letter

Jan 29th: EMAIL regarding RFE

Feb 19th: Lawyers received the letter

March 5th: Sent it out by overnight FedEx

March 13th: Got RFE response EMAIL

Hang in there...I know its very frustrating. These people have touched my case after 6 years so I can understand how it feels.
It usually takes 2 to 3 weeks before you receive the actual letter so just get ready with the docs.

Hope this helps.

thank you and

supply_demand:

Hang in there...I know its very frustrating. These people have touched my case after 6 years so I can understand how it feels.
It usually takes 2 to 3 weeks before you receive the actual letter so just get ready with the docs.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the information

thank you and very good luck with your 485. I hope you get your approval very soon

supply_demand:

Hope this helps.

Some update on my case..

Received a RFE yesterday for my Daughter - medical needs to be redone.
I am not sure if Pallu is still mainting this thread and updating the cases.

HaraKad -- sent you a PM

Please check your PMs. thanks

supply_demand:

Hope this helps.

pallu2004: FP on Jan 19 and LUD on 01/24 & 01/25 - AD on 03/07/2007
rduman: FP on Jan 20 and LUD on 01/24 & 01/25 - AD on 02/23/2007
mk_gc: FP on Jan 17 and LUD on 01/26 & 01/29, REF on dependent 03/13/2007
compjobs: FP on Jan 20 and LUD on 01/24 & 01/25
alnglonwait4gc: FP on Jan 02 and LUD on 01/06, 01/08, REF on 03/01
anandsbr: FP on Jan 30 and LUD on 02/02
supply_demand: FP on Feb 06 and LUD on 02/06, 02/07, 02/08
Harakad: FP: on Feb 15 RFE on Feb 20 LUD on 02/22, RFE response received LUD on 3/13
Al_aos: FP on Dec 23 and LUD on ?????
luckyone200: FP on Feb 10 and LUD on ??????
AJ1971: FP on Feb 22 and LUD on 02/23, 02/24, 03/06, 03/07, 03/09, 03/11
gc-lover: FP on Feb 22 and LUD on 02/23, 02/24, 03/07, 03/09
hhk2005: FP on Feb 24 and LUD on 02/27,03/07, 03/09, 03/11

Wait........

Supply_demand: hung-up... we have no choice accept just wait:eek:
As I spoke to one of the VSC IO and she stated that once they made some decision for REF and f/w that to the clerk. Than clerk will type that letter with in 30 days (because of holiday season..... they have less staff--in Feb 2007). Once the clerk types the letter it will f/w to mail room and online msg should change. After that it will go to mail room and than will get out from their office according to mail room in charge’s mood.

That’s what happened to me I spoke to an IO in Jan and she stated that my lawyer will rec’d some thing in mail. I called them back in Feb and the other Officer told me that the letter didn’t type yet its sitting on clerk’s desk and they r under staff because of holidays!!! On March 1 online msg change but I am still waiting for the REF letter…

Harakad

They have mailed me the card...but spouse case is still pending....I am giving them 2 weeks time and then will raise a case status check on my spouse case.

looking forward

Hi Harakad,

I am in same boat, got message on 23rd Oct that Response recieved and processing resumed... and decision will be made in 60 days.

I called up in January, nothing.

Two weeks ago, I told my lawyer to ask for an inquiry about the status.

I hope we should hear decision soon.

Were you able to know what the RFE was for?

when you called these officers at VSC were they in a position to tell you atleast what the RFE request was?

Supply_demand: hung-up... we have no choice accept just wait:eek:
As I spoke to one of the VSC IO and she stated that once they made some decision for REF and f/w that to the clerk. Than clerk will type that letter with in 30 days (because of holiday season..... they have less staff--in Feb 2007). Once the clerk types the letter it will f/w to mail room and online msg should change. After that it will go to mail room and than will get out from their office according to mail room in charge’s mood.

That’s what happened to me I spoke to an IO in Jan and she stated that my lawyer will rec’d some thing in mail. I called them back in Feb and the other Officer told me that the letter didn’t type yet its sitting on clerk’s desk and they r under staff because of holidays!!! On March 1 online msg change but I am still waiting for the REF letter…

What was your RFE for?

what information did VSC ask for?

Hi Harakad,

I am in same boat, got message on 23rd Oct that Response recieved and processing resumed... and decision will be made in 60 days.

I called up in January, nothing.

Two weeks ago, I told my lawyer to ask for an inquiry about the status.

I hope we should hear decision soon.

Can someone help me understand this????

Does anyone know what the equivalent job position is seen by USCIS.

In my case when 140 was filed I was a software engg. Now I got an opportunity to be a engg. program manager which is basically lateral move from sr. software engineer and not much different (it has got the manager tag -- thats the only practical difference). I am not a people manager and I currently look at architecture as I used to. (My salary is definitely in the same 20% range and job position can be made to look similar to my labor)

Do you know if I am asked for an EVL if the name of the position is going to be a problem? How do they evaulate the equivalency of position after more than 4 years in the systems.

I am really worried at this point about the possible problems and would appreciate any help/insight anyone can provide based on your experience.

Hello supply_demand,

It's really strange that you have'nt received your approval so far - Our cases has pretty much the same timeline. So what's the current status on your I-485?

when you called these officers at VSC were they in a position to tell you atleast what the RFE request was?

No I asked her if she can tell me so I can get ready the paper work. But she stated that so far clerk didn’t type the REF and they are not allowed to give any info on the phone. She also stated that they can only talk to the lawyer about the REF.

Waiting for an RFE :(

I waited very eagerly for an approval and now I wait even more eagerly for an RFE. I am told my by my local congressman's office that I have an RFE but no online update.

the waiting game continues.

Hello supply_demand,

It's really strange that you have'nt received your approval so far - Our cases has pretty much the same timeline. So what's the current status on your I-485?