Eb3- Cut off Date as on Oct 1/ 2005

jnpr said:
CATEGORY ALLX CHIN IND MEXICO PHILS
F1 22-Apr-01 22-Apr-01 22-Apr-01 1-Jan-93 22-May-91

I checked September visa bulletin, Mexico Familiy 1 was Jan 1, 1983.

This looks so real, only Mexico F1 is wrong.
E1 C 1-Jan-00 1-Aug-02 C C
E2 C 1-May-00 1-Nov-99 C C

Also, For China's EB1 is 4 months worse than EB2. This is not likely because NIW belongs to EB2. Ususally EB1 should be better than EB2.

Guys,

CAn someone explain to me what the priority date means in this case?

Does it mean that all who filed their LC prior to that date are eligible for 485 while the people that filed their LCs after that date are not and will have to wait for another round?

Thanks

This is very disturbing piece of information should it turn out to be
true. We will confirm the truth when the Visa Bullettin comes out
(I am hoping that they would publish it today)
In the meantime, about labor substitutions,
The Link from Murthy's Website
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_lcsubs.html
Tells that Substitutions might be out
At least that is in the focus now
Also I will be surprised that the approved LCs from
1998 would still have the applicant working for the
employer
Any how, this may be a method to flush out the un wanted LCs
and focus on the true ones
If that is the move, the Cut off date might advance
soon. Otherwise it might be a grim situation

Are PERM cases not affected by priority date?
Are they alwasys current?
I thought PERM is only for labor
and subsequent stages remain the same
?
Any one with some info about this?

Thanks

stupid idiots.. it can't go back to 98 or 99

Sometimes it is better to use your brain instead..

because,,, during 2000, 2001 there were already priority dates/cut off situation and it was cleared and became current after some months.. This time it will start if it has to, from june 2002.. relax.. The posting on manilla web site is probably very old one which wasn't updated for a long time..

mark my posting..

some of our friends sent e-mails to chennai consulate for PD's in october and received disappointing emails from them saying PD's are retrogressed to 01-JAN-1998. So I believe this information is correct. Please refer to CP forum..

Clearly this firefox link is a prank....First there is no way applications can retrogress to 1998/1999, eb3 was july 2002 last year...only way it can retrogress to 1998 is if they suddenly received a whole lot of aplications to i-485 with a prioirity date of 1998/99 and we know that the last 6-8 months the earliest applications which have gone to the 140/485 is April 2001 cases...

Also the usembassy.gov/manila opens up in IE ..Why not tis link? something is fishy.

Also if you go to usembassy.gov/manila and go into Consular Visas section there is a path to Immigrant Priority dates and that points bacjk to the Sep bulletin in the travel.gov site....

So this looks like someone's prank ... i am not believing anything till i see the official oct bulletin

I don't believe those dates. There's no way the constantly underutilized EB2 and EB1 could retrogress that much.

Possible explanations:

1. A computer glitch caused data corruption or made their system pull dates from the wrong place.
2. Somebody hacked the web site.
3. They did some gross miscounting, like when they miscounted the H1B visas by some 20000 a few years ago.
4. A disgruntled employee of the USCIS or Manila Embassy or their web hosting company is pulling a cruel joke.

Genuine web site link for Manila.

Jackolantern said:
I don't believe those dates. There's no way the constantly underutilized EB2 and EB1 could retrogress that much.

Possible explanations:

1. A computer glitch caused data corruption or made their system pull dates from the wrong place.
2. Somebody hacked the web site.
3. They did some gross miscounting, like when they miscounted the H1B visas by some 20000 a few years ago.
4. A disgruntled employee of the USCIS or Manila Embassy or their web hosting company is pulling a cruel joke.
===========
Hi All Gurus
Is somebody hearing what I'm saying.
This is the genuine Manila web site.
I found the link which actually takes you to Manila Web site. No need to go through Netscape/Mozilla/..... It works through IE
Click this link

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwhmain.html

Then click Consular and Visa Services. A drop down will appear, select Immigrant Visa Priority Dates
The moment you click it, it will take you to
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_1360.html
Click the Current Bulletin which will show you September 2005 Visa Bulletin still

If the website is genuine(definitely govt site) one, why is it not accepting IE as browser?

Definitely wrong, wrong website, I showed genuine link

jambalakadi1 said:
some of our friends sent e-mails to chennai consulate for PD's in october and received disappointing emails from them saying PD's are retrogressed to 01-JAN-1998. So I believe this information is correct. Please refer to CP forum..
If the web site is genuine one, why the link is not working for IE. From the common sense point of view, most websites atleast Govt sites work through IE. Why should one struggle through Mozilla/Firefox etc. This definitely shows it's a bad/prank joke.

u can navigate

You can navigate to the controversial page from this web site.
Select "Consular Visa Services" from top drop down -> "Immigrant visa information" - > Then from the left side nav "Visa Interview Appointments"

I hope the page is a mistake.

E Visas (Treaty Traders and Treaty Investors)

The E visa category was established to give effect to treaties between those foreign countries and the United States that provide for reciprocal benefits to nationals of each country who conduct trade between the two countries (E1 Treaty Trader visa) or who invest in the other country (E2 Treaty Investor visa).
http://www.llmlaw.com/immigration/E_Visas.htm

....and The Winna ...is....nobody......

jnpr said:
FRAGOMEN predicted EB3 cut-off date for retrogression affected countries will be 1/1/1

GUYS AND THE OFFICIAL WORD IS OUT!!!
DOS HAS JUST BEATEN THE WORST PESSIMIST ON THE FORUM
BY THREE YEARS...............!!
WHAT A JOKE THIS WHOLE ....THING...
....AND HOW MAD WE ALL ARE...!!!! AND RIGHTLY SO..
IT DOESN'T APPEAR THE JAIL TERM IS ENDING ANY TIME SOON

JNPR HAS THE CLOSEST PREDICTION SO FAR 01/01/01
WHICH IS OFF BY 3 YRS!!!

SURPRISING SCHEDULE A STILL WILL BE CURRENT
I THOUGHT THE 50K VISAS WERE JUST FOR FY 2005

IS THE NEXT RAY OF HOPE KENNEDY-MCCAIN BILL?????

I DID STATE ON THIS THREAD JOKINGLY THAT
I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF DOS CAME OUT AND SAID THAT
THERE ARE NOT GOING TO BE VISAS FOR NEXT 5 YEARS

IT TURNS OUT THAT THAT IS THE CASE!!

***GUYS LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ALL THESE***
TAKE A BREAK***GO HOME ** RELAX***GRAB A DRINK OR TWO
ALL THE BEST TO EVERY ONE

ShibuGeorge said:
GUYS AND THE OFFICIAL WORD IS OUT!!!
DOS HAS JUST BEATEN THE WORST PESSIMIST ON THE FORUM
BY THREE YEARS...............!!
WHAT A JOKE THIS WHOLE ....THING...
....AND HOW MAD WE ALL ARE...!!!! AND RIGHTLY SO..
IT DOESN'T APPEAR THE JAIL TERM IS ENDING ANY TIME SOON

JNPR HAS THE CLOSEST PREDICTION SO FAR 01/01/01
WHICH IS OFF BY 3 YRS!!!

SURPRISING SCHEDULE A STILL WILL BE CURRENT
I THOUGHT THE 50K VISAS WERE JUST FOR FY 2005

IS THE NEXT RAY OF HOPE KENNEDY-MCCAIN BILL?????

Well, I don't know what to say... I am speechless now!
I know some EB3 got GC on June 28 and some EB3 filed GC on June 28. I wish I was one of them, instead of standing here to accept ShibuGeorge’s reward.
May force be with all of us!

ShibuGeorge said:

I have been saying all along since June when relief was provided to Schedule A Workers. I kept on asking if someone has interpreted correctly the details of the ruling.
From what I read and with my limited understanding it appeared to me that from now onwards all EB3 numbers will first be utilized by Scedule A workers and then if anything remains they will be used by other EB3 categories.
At that time I had said that EB3 tech workers would have to wait for 4-5 years until the demand of Schedule A workers goes down. Only then can we get a chance at the Priority dates.
I had even posed this question to Rajiv on one of the conference calls immediately after the June ruling and when the july bulletin suddenly had EB3 unavailable for all countries. That day I was surprised that not a single person on the call shared my concern. I felt like a fool who dint understand the ruling correctly.
It was evident then and there that there is no future for EB3. I even repeated the same concerns on these forums a couple or more times. In response to that some wise guy said that the relief for Schedule A workers is for only FY 2005. Anyway I may still be wrong, because I still cant make sense of of a lot of legal terms. They use a lot of "herein" "thereof" kind of words that confuse me a lot.
Anyway why am i writing on the INS forms now, I got to chill out and get on with my life. Life always sucked.

neocor said:
I have been saying all along since June when relief was provided to Schedule A Workers. I kept on asking if someone has interpreted correctly the details of the ruling.
From what I read and with my limited understanding it appeared to me that from now onwards all EB3 numbers will first be utilized by Scedule A workers and then if anything remains they will be used by other EB3 categories.
At that time I had said that EB3 tech workers would have to wait for 4-5 years until the demand of Schedule A workers goes down. Only then can we get a chance at the Priority dates.
I had even posed this question to Rajiv on one of the conference calls immediately after the June ruling and when the july bulletin suddenly had EB3 unavailable for all countries. That day I was surprised that not a single person on the call shared my concern. I felt like a fool who dint understand the ruling correctly.
It was evident then and there that there is no future for EB3. I even repeated the same concerns on these forums a couple or more times. In response to that some wise guy said that the relief for Schedule A workers is for only FY 2005. Anyway I may still be wrong, because I still cant make sense of of a lot of legal terms. They use a lot of "herein" "thereof" kind of words that confuse me a lot.
Anyway why am i writing on the INS forms now, I got to chill out and get on with my life. Life always sucked.

Neocor,
This is a real possibility that comes up now
Based on the Visa Bullettin it appears that Schedule A workers get up to
50,000 recaptured Visas. But it is not clear if they are entitled only
to these 50K Visas
I thought that way back in July when they passed the law, these 50K
visas were meant only for thr FISCAL YEAR 2005
Now it is not clear whether these 50K Visas are a fresh set or remaining
numbers from the previous Law enactment
Either way when they pull out the Visa Numbers if they pull from the
General Pool then WE ARE INDEED SCREWED>>>>>

If What you say is right that they use the available EB3 first,
and then start using from the 50K pool,
Then I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY
We can atleast hope to see movement only after the FY 2006

WHAT AN UNFORTUNATE SITUATION!!!!

ShibuGeorge said:
Neocor,
This is a real possibility that comes up now
Based on the Visa Bullettin it appears that Schedule A workers get up to
50,000 recaptured Visas. But it is not clear if they are entitled only
to these 50K Visas
I thought that way back in July when they passed the law, these 50K
visas were meant only for thr FISCAL YEAR 2005
Now it is not clear whether these 50K Visas are a fresh set or remaining
numbers from the previous Law enactment
Either way when they pull out the Visa Numbers if they pull from the
General Pool then WE ARE INDEED SCREWED>>>>>

If What you say is right that they use the available EB3 first,
and then start using from the 50K pool,
Then I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY
We can atleast hope to see movement only after the FY 2006

WHAT AN UNFORTUNATE SITUATION!!!!
It's crystal clear in the memo that schedule A use general quota first and then 50k. The only thing I'm not 100% sure is if 50k is for every year for years to come but that's my interpretation when I read the memo.

For the same logic----assuming USCIS/DOS have logic------H1B visa for graduate students of US college will use general H1B quota first, and then 20k extra quota.

However I have hoped some nice directors from USCIS will play around with it and hold some Schedule A cases later into the last quarter of each financial year. Anyway, it's only my fantacy.

jnpr said:
It's crystal clear in the memo that schedule A use general quota first and then 50k. The only thing I'm not 100% sure is if 50k is for every year for years to come but that's my interpretation when I read the memo.

For the same logic----assuming USCIS/DOS have logic------H1B visa for graduate students of US college will use general H1B quota first, and then 20k extra quota.

However I have hoped some nice directors from USCIS will play around with it and hold some Schedule A cases later into the last quarter of each financial year. Anyway, it's only my fantacy.

Well I interpreted that Schedule A workers will get to use all the EB3 numbers first, and then if none is available then the $50K. Other reamaining EB3 folks will only get the numbers if the Schedule A workers dont use up all the general EB3 numbers.

That is why you can see in the Oct bulletin that Schedule A workers are Current. Is there any other explanation needed.
I still dont know why is everybody so naive about the Schedule A workers ruling. Dont you see we are not going to get the numbers unless Schedule A workers and other (Tech workers) are put in separate categories and not utilize the same pool (EB3).

neocor

neocor said:
Well I interpreted that Schedule A workers will get to use all the EB3 numbers first, and then if none is available then the $50K. Other reamaining EB3 folks will only get the numbers if the Schedule A workers dont use up all the general EB3 numbers.

That is why you can see in the Oct bulletin that Schedule A workers are Current. Is there any other explanation needed.
I still dont know why is everybody so naive about the Schedule A workers ruling. Dont you see we are not going to get the numbers unless Schedule A workers and other (Tech workers) are put in separate categories and not utilize the same pool (EB3).

neocor

I THINK SCHEDULE A BEING MADE CURRENT IS ACTUALLY AGAINST THE LAW
When the passed the 50K last FY those were supposed to be available for
FY-05
But now they are made current and are draining the General EB3 numbers
With is a few months I am sure that Schedule A will exhaust whatever is
left in EB3
Correct interpretation would be that Sch A Should either should not be using
eb3 or if they are entitled then they should just be Eb3

But that does not seem to the case unfortunately!

I dont know how they are going to implement the clause -as quoted from Visa
Bullettin:
"Schedule A Workers are entitled to up to 50,000 “recaptured” numbers"

Does this mean they are only entitled up to 50K recaptured numbers or they are also entitled up to 50 K re-capturd numbers?

Thats the most concerning thing about this whole fiasco

If our fears are true, we are indeed made BIG FOOLS!!

Is there any one who can get some shed some light on this?
Any one got any clarifications ?
Am I wrong in the assumptions?