Eb3- Cut off Date as on Oct 1/ 2005

USCIS will make schedue A workers current until there no demand for it. In order to achieve this they will do anyting. They might even take away numbers from EB1 or EB2 or EB3 also. these are just some random numbers which does not make any sense at all at any point of time. They will do whatever it takes. they can add new quota for "Iraq refugees" and use that quota for Schedule A workers and remove EB3 quota for indians/chines/philipines to balance it. Bottom line If there is no demand then you are TOAST if you didn't catch the flight on time :mad:

Pending Immigration Laws??

What are the Pending Immigration reforms under Consideration by Senate/
Congress?
What is the Prospect of Kennedy-McCain Law to sail through?

What are the other Laws that might increase EB Visa Availability?

Please Comment..?
Abolition of DV Lottery..How much can it add to the EB Visas
and Effective When??

ShibuGeorge said:
What are the Pending Immigration reforms under Consideration by Senate/
Congress?
What is the Prospect of Kennedy-McCain Law to sail through?

What are the other Laws that might increase EB Visa Availability?

Please Comment..?
Abolition of DV Lottery..How much can it add to the EB Visas
and Effective When??

I have very little idea of what reforms are underway. But I would like to see the following.

1. Abolition of Bhadwagiri.
2. Ability to apply emplyment based GC by individuals themsleves based on their degree and experience.
3. Automatic GC after 6-8 yeras of work in the US.

I know these wont happen, so in exchange i will live with "abolition of Labor Substitution".
Believe me this reform will help more than any other reform.

neocor

yes abolition of labor substitution is best way to start. This way no employer will try to sell unused labors in order to make money on the labor certification. atleast "greedy" innocent people dont fall for this scam.

origin of word "Bhadwa"

I know what "Bhadwa" means but I'm not sure how it originated. I know Hindi. What language is this word from and what it means in that language?

Thanks,
Graivty

Is it still permitted to Labor Substitution?
I heard it was not going to be permitted
going forward.
Any one with recent substitutions that
successfully went through?

gravitation said:
I know what "Bhadwa" means but I'm not sure how it originated. I know Hindi. What language is this word from and what it means in that language?

Thanks,
Graivty

Just try comparing the modus operandi of another popular profession with the ways of desi bhadwaas.
You will then know what makes us then if the consulting companies are bhadwaas.

You said you already know the meaning in the first sentence, and said you know hindi. The bahdwaa word is indeed hindi, but you probably wont find it in the dictionary. You probably know/understand hindi only as a second or third language. Else you would know the real meaning of the word.

neocor

hmm... I think I got it due to your reference to "another profession". Hindi is my first languagae. And I know plenty of street language too (though I wish I didn't) due to thosse four years in iit-kanpur.

thanks for info neocor.
Gravity

Gurus, I have a question. I have limited knowledge for the process, so question may sound stupid, but please do answer.

(My case is EB3- All Chargeability Areas)
I filed I-140 one month ago, cannot file I-485 until visas become available. My H1B expires in 15 months. What is the law for H1B extension for cases mentioned below:

1. Pending I-140
2. I-140 approved, but I-485 not filed because of visas unavailability
3. I-485 pending.

Thanks
MA001

MA001 said:
Gurus, I have a question. I have limited knowledge for the process, so question may sound stupid, but please do answer.

(My case is EB3- All Chargeability Areas)
I filed I-140 one month ago, cannot file I-485 until visas become available. My H1B expires in 15 months. What is the law for H1B extension for cases mentioned below:

All assume you never get denied:
1. Pending I-140
one year extension until your 485 is approved

2. I-140 approved, but I-485 not filed because of visas unavailability
3 year extension until you are eligible to file 485
3. I-485 pending.
1 year extension unitl your 485 is approved

Thanks
MA001

BTW, you can add the rest of your H-1 to 1year/3 year extension.

Help Please

Hello GC Gurus,

Need ur help please answer.

My labor was filed in Apr 2002 (CA). Labor approved Jun 2005.
Filed 140/485/EAD/AP in Jun 2005.
EAD & AP approved in Aug 2005.

Now since i have recived EAD can I switch companies ? please explain..

Thanks,

MyGc_USA said:
Hello GC Gurus,

Need ur help please answer.

My labor was filed in Apr 2002 (CA). Labor approved Jun 2005.
Filed 140/485/EAD/AP in Jun 2005.
EAD & AP approved in Aug 2005.

Now since i have recived EAD can I switch companies ? please explain..

Thanks,

Wait 6 months from the date of filing the 485 to change the job.

I just heard that EB3 category is going to further retrogress from a friend of mine...
If anyone of you have heard or read an article in any of the forums/news please forward it ...

san74 said:
I just heard that EB3 category is going to further retrogress from a friend of mine...
If anyone of you have heard or read an article in any of the forums/news please forward it ...

what do you mean further retrogress? Are you talking about Oct Visa Bulletin or do you have inside news?

Retrogress further?
Let it retrogress to 1855 JULY 10 !
How does that make any difference?

What is the point in stabbing some one who is
already DEAD?

ShibuGeorge said:
Retrogress further?
Let it retrogress to 1855 JULY 10 !
How does that make any difference?

What is the point in stabbing some one who is
already DEAD?

The point is there are still 5% people alive out there. They want to them all dead :eek: