EB2 485: Pls post here

My guess is there is no relation between USCIS requesting name check and I-140 approval. Unless some one tells me otherwise, I would like to believe so.

Pay during I-485

My company is paying me little less then the wage on my Labor. During I-140, the company showed the ability to pay and it got approved.

Now, when we file for I-485, does the company have to pay me atleast the amount shown on my labor? Or they can still show ability to pay by some other ways?

I-485 Approved: Principal and dependant

Today at 6:01 PM I got the magic emails from CRIS letting me know that my I-485 application and my wife's application were approved. I knew it from this morninig but I didn't want to believe it since I didn't get any email at that time and there wasn't any LUD change shown online.
I got to know it since I emailed NSC Premium processing to inquire about an amended approval notice on my I-140 I received (which I requested to change to the PD show on it since it was wrong on the initial approval notice) and I asked them about my I-485 application status and they replied in an hour saying they were already approved on 11/2/2006!!!!!
We are so happy since this means a relief to me and my family.
It was approved right on time since my H-1B 6-year visa expired on 11/5/2006 and I was unable to extend since my company started the GC process too late so I was not allow to extend on 1-year increment since LC needs to be filed and be pending for a year in order to apply for H1-B extension.

Anyway, after receiving the emails I went online and there is a LUD 11/02/2006 and the text message changed to:

Current Status:

On November 2, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Thanks. This forum was extremely helpful and good luck to everyone. You will get soon these magic emails :)

Last edited by a moderator:
dc_May2006, congradulations. I have a question for you, did you receive or see a message online saying "Welcome notice mailed...." before you got the current message. My case status was changed to "Welcome notice mailed..." yesterday, but nothing happened today. Wondering why? Thanks!

No Welcome Notice - Just Card Ordered Message today

IBelieve said:
dc_May2006, congradulations. I have a question for you, did you receive or see a message online saying "Welcome notice mailed...." before you got the current message. My case status was changed to "Welcome notice mailed..." yesterday, but nothing happened today. Wondering why? Thanks!

No, I didn't receive any welcome notice. I only received the one I posted.

dc_May2006 said:
Today at 6:01 PM I got the magic emails from CRIS letting me know that my I-485 application and my wife's application were approved. I knew it from this morninig but I didn't want to believe it since I didn't get any email at that time and there wasn't any LUD change shown online.

Enhorabuena dc_May2006 and congratulations!

I called up at NSC. Talked to a nice lady who gave only one nugget of information that my case is already reviewed by an officer but is pending because Visas are not available.

When asked about FBI name check she did not tell anything. When told that visa is available as my PD is Nov. 1 2002 EB2 India, she said she can not give any more information.

So I am no better in knowledge except that someone has gone through the file. Still can not explain why I do not get Fingerprint notices.

I will wait 30 days and then take Infopass.

ho_jayega said:
Goto USCIS website, apply for an infopass.
at USCIS office you need your I-485 Case numer to retrive your record.
the bottomline is if you have Case # you should be able to get information from them.
hope this helps.
Can you ask a question that when they send FBI name chk query .....is it after filling 485 or after approvel on 140.

Thanks

No Movement Today !!!

ho_jayega said:
Today We got LUD on our 485. Lets hope this is for Good. ;)
I will keep posted. :)
Today no LUD....is this usual ? Should I expect something to happen ?

THanks

What are the current dats for India EB2 Catg ? Anyone know ?

bigbang2001 said:
I called up at NSC. Talked to a nice lady who gave only one nugget of information that my case is already reviewed by an officer but is pending because Visas are not available.

When asked about FBI name check she did not tell anything. When told that visa is available as my PD is Nov. 1 2002 EB2 India, she said she can not give any more information.

So I am no better in knowledge except that someone has gone through the file. Still can not explain why I do not get Fingerprint notices.

I will wait 30 days and then take Infopass.

What are the current dats for India EB2 Catg ? Anyone know ?

Approved!

When I logged in this morning, I was pleasantly surprised by three e-mails that read:

On November 2, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Celebrations are in order- fortunately it's Friday!

I am very thankful for the support from all my invisible friends that I made through this forum. Good luck to all!

Congrats Tulok ---- Thanks Bartolo5!

tulok said:
When I logged in this morning, I was pleasantly surprised by three e-mails that read:

Celebrations are in order- fortunately it's Friday!

I am very thankful for the support from all my invisible friends that I made through this forum. Good luck to all!

Great!!! Congrats Tulok!!!

My lawyer got the RFE today and said the USCIS is asking for clarifiaction on my education transcripts. My case is - I have a 3 year B.Sc, One year break and then 3-year M.C.A degree certificate. My case is filed as EB2.

My lawyer has all these documentation and I believe he provided them during the 140 filing. I am not sure what additional information USCIS needs. My lawyer said he will get back to me after reviewing the notice and determining what it means.

Any thoughts - has anyone been through this kind of situation.

Thanks!

venram said:
Congratulations !!!

Funny thing is - as I look at your 140 and 485 dates, they look exactly same as mine including the Finger Print date and some of the LUD dates. I have not yet got the 140 approval as I did not do the Premium Processing. Yesterday I talked to the lawyer and he mentioned that my 485 approval is perhaps waiting for the 140 to clear. He recommended doing premium processing to complete the entire processing. Also he mentioned that max time for 140 approval is 6 months and I have already crossed 5 months, so its just another month.

I am unable to make a decision as the choice is between 1 month and $1000. I have waited so long (about 4+ years), that waiting for another 1 month is really not bad. The other part of me tells me to spend $1000 and be done with this stupid GC processing...

venram said:
My lawyer got the RFE today and said the USCIS is asking for clarifiaction on my education transcripts. My case is - I have a 3 year B.Sc, One year break and then 3-year M.C.A degree certificate. My case is filed as EB2.

My lawyer has all these documentation and I believe he provided them during the 140 filing. I am not sure what additional information USCIS needs. My lawyer said he will get back to me after reviewing the notice and determining what it means.

Any thoughts - has anyone been through this kind of situation.

Thanks!

what r the details of ur case? EB-2 or 3? country? RD and AD fingerprints all this?

My case has been filed as EB2.

My LC (PD - 7/24/2002) was approved in April 2006.

140 FD - 5/28/06; RD - 5/30/06; LUD - 11/1/06; This last update is about the RFE. USCIS is asking for clarification on educational transcripts. My qualification is B.Sc. (3-year bachelor's degree) and MCA (3-year post graduate degree).

I485 FD - 5/28/06; FD - 6/27/06; Waiting

Country - India

Please let me know if someone knows about the RFE. Do I need to be worried or is it just the normal process.

antonioa77 said:
what r the details of ur case? EB-2 or 3? country? RD and AD fingerprints all this?