EB2 485: Pls post here

GCandMe said:
Hi,

Whats the FBI number you called to find out the finger print status and biometrics details, can you please share it with us. Also folks please can some one share the email template and email address that we need to send to FBI for name check.

thanks
Federal Bureau of Investigation

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Name Check and request for records on my spouse and myself

My wife and I have filed an application for adjustment of status to
that of Permanent Resident with the USCIS Nebraska Service Center on
XXX. Our application is now pending adjudication at the Nebraska
Service Center and is waiting for a security name check.

I request you to please provide the status and copies of our records
relating to the security/name check.

Following are the details of our case:
Primary Applicant
Last Name: xx
First Name:x
Date of Birth:
USCIS A#:
USCIS Receipt Number:
Country of Birth:

Spouse details

GCandMe said:
Hi,

Whats the FBI number you called to find out the finger print status and biometrics details, can you please share it with us. Also folks please can some one share the email template and email address that we need to send to FBI for name check.

thanks

FBI number for fingerprints : 304-625-5590
Email address for name check : fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov

Hi Sriram/Others,

Could you pl. let us know, why do we seek FBI name check? I think FBI will directly notify USCIS on our Biometrics (Code:3) related feedback.

Does USCIS sends any RFE for Name check?

Pl. let me know more info on this.

with regs
GS2005

FP Nottice not done yet

EB2 - NSC

Labor : AD FEB2005
I-140/I485 Concurreent filing : March 2005
I-140 AD: May 2005
EAD AD : AUG2005
AP AD : AUG 2005

I485- pending
FP: ???

I have not gotten my FP notice yet.Does any one know why or when I am supposed to get it.

JM.

485 (RD May 2004)

EB2 - NSC (India)
PD : Oct-2003 (Own Labor)
485 (RD) : May 2004
140 : Approved June 2004
1st EAD : August 2004
2nd EAD : May 2005
Code 3 Bio: April 2005
485 AD : ????

Pl. Help Me --485 Issue-- Eb-3/ Eb-2 Filing Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my situation:
LC: PD:6/26/03 Cat: EB-2
LC: APPROVED:6/20/04
I-140/485 CONCURRENT.RD: 9/26/04
EAD:12/01/04 APPROVED
AP:3/5/05 APPROVED (DELAY DUE CLERICAL ERROR)
I-140:5/10/05 APPROVED.
FP1ME AND MY WIFE) :05/19/05
FP2ME AND MY KID WITH DIFFERENT CODE):9/26/05

TO MY HORROR, RECENTLY FOUND DUE TO CLERICAL ERROR , I-140 AND 485 WAS FILED IN CATEGORY "EB-3" INSTEAD OF "EB-2". I'M IN A PERPLEXED/shitti STATE , I' want TO UNDERSTAND WHAT MY OPTIONS ARE. I REALLY WANT TO GO VIA EB-2 route KNOWING THE PRESENT SCENARIOS of EB-3.I APPRECIATE IF SOME CAN THROW LIGHT ON THIS ISSUE AND AID ME IN TAKING A GOOD DECISION.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
SRK

:eek: SRK,

I'm really sorry to hear this, If it is possible, it is better to correct the error, rather than waiting in Q for EB3.

By the way, how did you find this error? Could you pl. let me know more details on finding out, in which category we have filed I485?

With Regs
GS05

srkosuri said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my situation:
LC: PD:6/26/03 Cat: EB-2
LC: APPROVED:6/20/04
I-140/485 CONCURRENT.RD: 9/26/04
EAD:12/01/04 APPROVED
AP:3/5/05 APPROVED (DELAY DUE CLERICAL ERROR)
I-140:5/10/05 APPROVED.
FP1ME AND MY WIFE) :05/19/05
FP2ME AND MY KID WITH DIFFERENT CODE):9/26/05

TO MY HORROR, RECENTLY FOUND DUE TO CLERICAL ERROR , I-140 AND 485 WAS FILED IN CATEGORY "EB-3" INSTEAD OF "EB-2". I'M IN A PERPLEXED/shitti STATE , I' want TO UNDERSTAND WHAT MY OPTIONS ARE. I REALLY WANT TO GO VIA EB-2 route KNOWING THE PRESENT SCENARIOS of EB-3.I APPRECIATE IF SOME CAN THROW LIGHT ON THIS ISSUE AND AID ME IN TAKING A GOOD DECISION.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
SRK

I applied 140/485 concurrently, in that there is a section where it specifies type of app, in top right hand corner in 140, for EB-3 it is sec.203(b)(3)A(i)/(ii) which is skilled worker or professional. That's how I discovered. My A.... screwed me big time

Approved

Got an email yesterday saying my 485 got approved.
Wonder what the next steps are. Plastic card? Passport stamping?
I have had just one finger printing done about an year back. Is there another one to be done(or is it the biometric)? Could someone explain , please?

Good luck to all!

Thanks.

quietrioter
EB2 RIR
I-140/485 RD 20th Oct 2004
I-140 Approved May 21
485- RFE mid June
RFE-response received @ USCIS Sep 2nd 2005
485 approved Sep 14th

quietrioter said:
Got an email yesterday saying my 485 got approved.
Wonder what the next steps are. Plastic card? Passport stamping?
I have had just one finger printing done about an year back. Is there another one to be done(or is it the biometric)? Could someone explain , please?

Good luck to all!

Thanks.

quietrioter
EB2 RIR
I-140/485 RD 20th Oct 2004
I-140 Approved May 21
485- RFE mid June
RFE-response received @ USCIS Sep 2nd 2005
485 approved Sep 14th

quietrioter,
I am in the same situation like you. I had my fingerprints almost an year ago and my approval notice says not to take any action now and wait for biometrics notice.

Thanks.

EB2 or EB3

I just went through my I-140 approval copy and I noticed that its marked under section Sec 203(b)(3)(A)(i) or (ii).. does this mean that my case is an EB3 and not EB2 ????

I was told since the beginning by my desi employer that my case was filed under EB2.. why do these desi employers do this.. Please give you inputs..

chrislofter said:
I just went through my I-140 approval copy and I noticed that its marked under section Sec 203(b)(3)(A)(i) or (ii).. does this mean that my case is an EB3 and not EB2 ????

I was told since the beginning by my desi employer that my case was filed under EB2.. why do these desi employers do this.. Please give you inputs..

Yes.. It's EB3.

LUD after FP

Sriram1975 and others,

Did you guys see any LUDs after you did your first FP for your 485? I did my FP last Sept and no LUD is shown for my 485 but it says "FP results received for my wife" who did the FP at the same time.

Any input??

Thanks,

Status Check Results - What does it mean.

Called USCIS when the processing date moved to 6/01/2004 as my case was of 03/30/04. Got following reply.

In processing applications for immigrationbenefits, the USCIS is making national security our top priority. SCIS has added security checks to the processing of all applications to help ensure that those who receive immigration benefits have come to join the American people in building a bettter society and not to do harm to them. But whatever short-term impact these additional checks will have on processing will not interfere with the administration a long term goal of eliminating processing backlogs and a meeting a six-months processing standard for al immigration benefits applications. The employees of USCIS are committed t address our nation a security needs while also maintaining our country openness to those who seek freedom and opportunity that the united states has to offer..
Your applications are currently undergoing such checks. Please allow some time.

What does it mean. Does it mean that name check is pending or what ?

Please advise.....
EB2 ND : 3/30/2004

Biometrix HELP

Hello guyz!
i need some advice from Gc gurrus.
we applied for our GC. EB-2, Nabraska. got the labor cert in July 10
filed 1-485 and I-140 concurrent, Sep 5 recipt date, ours is not retrogressed.

Me and my wife tem lives in two diffenet cities, i got my bio metrix (level 3) but my wife did not. is there any reason for such issues. also i have not reciecved the bio metrix level 1 or 2 is there some thing we need to worry?

No LUD Updates since FP1

I have submitted both code1 and code 2 FP (code 1 in Nov 2004 and code 2 in Aug 2005) but they havent even updated my information regarding code 1 FP receival. Is that typical and if not, what do I need to do to get the info updated? Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: