EB1 Outstanding Research Tracker

mendieta said:
So, I finally received the USCIS letter in response to my case inquiry. Essentially, is says "shut the freak up and keep waiting", in a very elegant language I have to admit ;)

More seriously, it says that "my case has been delayed due to their need to get 2nd FPs because FPs expire in 15 months", and it goes on apologizing, but it wraps up by saying that they can't tell me when they will make a decision. This is a form letter, they just put your name and send it on the mail.

It hurts when you see these long waits, and USCIS is using their limited resources (despite our huge processing fees) to waste time on EAD/AP renewals, FP repetition (why would they expire anyways ????), and so forth ... oh well !

Someday it's gonna happen, I just hope it doesn't happen too late :(

I don't get it. How can they claim to be processing I-485 applications in Jun 2003 and yet they send you this note when you filed in Sep 2002? It almost sounds like they have not received your 2nd FPs. Or are they playing games because you went for FP2 early?

RPB8260

maybe the "name check" ?

rpb8260 said:
I don't get it. How can they claim to be processing I-485 applications in Jun 2003 and yet they send you this note when you filed in Sep 2002? It almost sounds like they have not received your 2nd FPs. Or are they playing games because you went for FP2 early?

RPB8260

Good points, I guess it's neither. I mean:

1) my wife's online status was changed before the letter, saying that they received her FP2's . Mine didn't change, but the same happened to Rajan and he got approved with no further notification.

2) I don't think they would retaliate like this, almost everybody is going to early FP. In fact, this is by far the most frequent post in the FP Forum.

BUt I still don't get it. In fact, if I am not mistaken, when they get the FBI report back (typically the same day), they do one more check (name check ???), and then they approve it. I would guess that right now I am at this step ... any opinions on that ? I read posts asking about the Name Check, but not definite answers ...

Thanks a bunch,

antonl said:
In any case it would seem that you should be coming very soon, esp. after that letter you received.

Thanks antonl

If USCIS were predictable, yes, I should be coming soon :D There were several LUDs in my case, FP2's done 6 week ago for both my wife and myself, FBI results returned 6 weeks ago ...

Then of course, we know that anything can happen with USCIS, so we'll have to wait and see. :rolleyes:

Yet another mile stone crossed!

Hi! Guys!
Today I got stamping on my passport at Newark,NJ.
It took around 1 and half hrs. Just before the stamping they did the name check again -it takes around 10 minutes. That was the most stressful moment in this whole stamping procedure! Otherwise it is cool.
Ritual is not over yet- wait for the actual plastic card! It is never over if one goes for citizenship.
Good luck to everybody!

Mendita! the other day I got up with my friend-whose situation is same as yours- said he is still waiting! But he didn't get a kind of letter you got recently from USCIS.
Good luck!
Rajan

Rajan123 said:
Hi! Guys!
Just before the stamping they did the name check again -it takes around 10 minutes. That was the most stressful moment in this whole stamping procedure!
Rajan

Hi Rajan

Thanks for the wishes. So, what is the name check about after all ?

Cheers,

in the name of name check!!!!

mendieta said:
Hi Rajan

So, what is the name check about after all ?

Cheers,
Hi! Mendita
I don't know exactly what they really do in the name of name check!!!!
I think it is something to do with checking the crime record of applicant.
There are millions of posts regarding name check in this forum. I am just provinding one of the thread by our member immigrationcom.
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=144191&highlight=immigrationcom
Hope it helps.
Rajan

Last edited by a moderator:
Rajan123 said:
Hi! Mendita
I don't know exactly what they really do in the name of name check!!!!
I think it is something to do with checking the crime record of applicant.
There are millions of posts regarding name check in this forum. I am just provinding one of the thread by our member immigrationcom.
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=144191&highlight=immigrationcom
Hope it helps.
Rajan

Thanks for the URL, it is interesting that I can perhaps send a Fax to FBI. Although I called FBI, and they say "they returned the results to USCIS" on the same day. Now, I wouls assume that THIS is the Name Check. In other words, what does the FBI do with the FPs ? The Name Check itself ? It makes sense, and your earlier post, saying that the check takes a few minutes, is consistent with that.

But, if this is so, if the Name Check is done by FBI, and they return it the same day, why does it take 1, 2 or more months to the USCIS to approve the I-485 case after the FP ? (say, FP2)

There is something I am missing, and I read several threads regarding name check, but I still don't get it. Oh well, thanks for the info and enjoy your stamp ! :)

FBI name check is not FP check

mendieta said:
Thanks for the URL, it is interesting that I can perhaps send a Fax to FBI. Although I called FBI, and they say "they returned the results to USCIS" on the same day. Now, I wouls assume that THIS is the Name Check. In other words, what does the FBI do with the FPs ? The Name Check itself ? It makes sense, and your earlier post, saying that the check takes a few minutes, is consistent with that.

But, if this is so, if the Name Check is done by FBI, and they return it the same day, why does it take 1, 2 or more months to the USCIS to approve the I-485 case after the FP ? (say, FP2)

There is something I am missing, and I read several threads regarding name check, but I still don't get it. Oh well, thanks for the info and enjoy your stamp ! :)

Hi Mendieta,
From what I have read in this forum, FBI name check and FP check are two separate, independent processes, although both are conducted by the same agency (FBI). FP check is very quick, from a couple of days to a couple of weeks at the most.
Name check is longer. It is done by checking different permutations of your name with several databases. If there are no "hits" then the results are sent to USCIS rather quickly. From the posts I've read the majority of cases (~95%) are cleared in the first 90 days, but if FBI gets a positive "hit" it can take much longer. Apparently a few of those cases can take >18 months because someone has to personally check paper files scattered in a number of FBI storage locations, as opposed to electronic databases. There have been a few instances where USCIS "forgot" to ask FBI name check and some cases were stuck for years. There are several posts of people that claim that after making a request of name check status to FBI they have found that that was the reason their cases had been put on hold for unreasonable periods of time.
There are several reports in some of the other threads about this issue. The most informative is the experience of Rahul Kumar http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848&page=1&pp=15
I suggest you do a search for his posts. His case was related to citizenship not I-485, but there are several posts about this problem happening to I-485 cases as well, in particular those who seem to be lagging significantly behind the median.
I have not tried it myself yet so I defer to the other posts.
Good luck!

huge communication gap

Hi!
Yestededay I did my stamping I-551! Today I got an e.mail from USCIS and online LUD displyaing ...
On November 8, 2004, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Yes! I did start an inquiry just four days before my approval and also e-filed for EAD. It means my I-485 approval is indepent of staus inquiry.. I am confused!
But ...still..., I feel, it is ridiculous that I get a message like this. Till yesterday my message was about approval of my I-485.
Looks like there is huge communication gap still exists in USCIS.
Any one had same experience.

Rajan
EB1-OR
I-140: RD-July 15,2002
I-140:AD-June 28,2004
I-485:RD(online)ecember 11 2002
I-485:RD(action notice):November 15 2002
I-485:ND(action notice)ecember 11 2002
IstFP-Feb 5 2003(LUD-Feb12 2003)
2ndFP-Sep 9 2003 (No LUD)
I485:AD-October 26 2004
PP stamping November 09 2004

I had same experience. My wife and me were approved on Nov 2 and Nov 8 resp. Today we both got e-mail from USCIS and LUD change saying:

"On November 8, 2004, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Lots of other people have also got this, looks like standard action on VSC's part in response to the flood of inquiries when they changed proc date from Nov 2002 to June 2003 couple of weeks ago.

I take it that their response will merely state that our cases were approved

antonl said:
Hi Mendieta,
From what I have read in this forum, FBI name check and FP check are two separate, independent processes,

Thanks so much for the post, and all the clarifications. I think I should add this URL to the tracker:

BTW, folks, what are we going to do with the tracker, should we join the consolidated tracker ? Please post your opinions ...

gc-despo said:
Mendiata,

FBI is no longer accepting fax inquiries for name check according to several posts in the forum. You need to e-mail them at fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov.

Thanks a lot gc-despo !

I'll probably send them an email. I'll talk yo my lawyer too, to discuss the approach. I'll try to find a sample letter/email to make things easier ...

FBI e-mail

mendieta said:
Thanks a lot gc-despo !

I'll probably send them an email. I'll talk yo my lawyer too, to discuss the approach. I'll try to find a sample letter/email to make things easier ...

Mendieta

Please let me know if you find a sample e-mail - I am planning to do the same thing to see if that's what is holding up approval.

Thanks

RPB8260

rpb8260 said:
Mendieta

Please let me know if you find a sample e-mail - I am planning to do the same thing to see if that's what is holding up approval.

Thanks

RPB8260

Mendita and RPB8260,
Just FYI, don't expect the FBI to reply to the e mail right away. They take sveral weeks/months. I did send them an e mail on 10/22 and have not heard anything yet. But anyway, that is one thing needed on the file before approval, so may be good to find out anyway and try to expedite it, if it is still sitting on some shelf and accumulating dust!

rpb8260 said:
Mendieta

Thanks

RPB8260

Here is a ample e mail:
Washington DC 20535

Dear Sir/Madam,

I and /my wife have filed an application for adjustment of status to that as of Lawful permanent Resident with the USCIS Vermont Service Center in xxx 2002/3. Our application is now pending adjudication at the Vermont Service Center.

I am sending this note to you request your office to please provide the status of the security/name check I believe the USCIS would have requested upon the filing of our application for adjustment of status.

Following are the details of our case:

Primary Applicant
Name:
SS#: (Primary Applicant)
Date of Birth: (Primary Applicant)
USCIS Receipt Numbers:
Alien Number:
Country of Birth:

Secondary Applicant/Beneficiary
Name:
SS#: (Secondary Applicant/Beneficiary)
Date of Birth: (Secondary Applicant/Beneficiary)
USCIS Receipt Numbers:
Alien Number:
Country of Birth:

Thanks waiting

Have you confirmed that FBI has cleared your FP2 and sent them out to USCIS? If so, how did you do it?

RPB8260

rpb8260 said:
Thanks waiting

Have you confirmed that FBI has cleared your FP2 and sent them out to USCIS? If so, how did you do it?

RPB8260

Yes I did. They said that they have send the results back to USCIS on the same day 10/05/2004 for FP2. However the USCIS message does not reflect this info. There is a number floating in this forum for checking this. If I am right the numbers are

304-625-5590 and 304-625-2406

Approved !

Dear Friends

BEAUTIFULL NEWS !. My case has been approved, today, and my wife's too !!!!!!!!! Thanks so, so much for all the support.

There are two kinds of people: the ones who under hardship try to help each other, and then there are the others. It's lovely to have been sorrounded by people like you guys, we help each other through difficult times, we encourage each other .... now it's my time on the sweet spot. Soon it's gonna be for you. Yes, you :)

Cheers, all the best !,