EB Retrogession - HOT News !

sundar99

Registered Users (C)
Very URGENT :

I was talking to a few of my students who work for different companies about this EB Retro issues last week. some of my students have a few hundred consultants working with them in their MNC.

They are all purchasing Labor Certs for 2000 to 3000 $ each, and are rushing to file 140 presently. This is available in large numbers evidently. It seems like even big Indian MNC are getting into the race !...

So you have the 4 options
1. Suck up and buy the labor Certs and wait for the company to get a reject on I 140 (if their financial status is weak).
2. Write to folks like Lou Dobbs, and like minded guys about how folks are exploiting the labor sub presently to beat the April deadline and how this will affect america as the labor sub guy could also be a sub-standard person too for the job and growth of America.
3. THis can really help you all, because if they pull the plug ASAP on this or even start rejecting 140s for atleast the fraud cases (which may be 98 %) for all Labor Subs filed between Feb and April, you will improve your situation.
4. VERY VERY IMPORTANT - IF you guys just visit various immigration sites to collect information and do nothing beyond the bridge of your nose, then you should buy a return ticket and consider yourself a loser and incompetent to get a GC. Unless you all collectively act and fight the system legally, there is no way out guys !.. it will end up as a n+1 syndrome, your GC will be power of x in years !, and you do not know how your folks back home are doing and will always live in the well called "Miserable Living".
Arise and Awake to the reality, give it a good fight, this is your best year, since next year is impossible to get any consessions, (Election year), so think for yourself. No one is doing another a favour by working for EB Retro issues. You are the biggest beneficiary, if you think to scratch the back, you want someone's help then you are the biggest looser, no one will scratch your back. You have to fight your battle. So do not just come and visit and push off. Do not think others have lot off time and you are the only busy bee. Everyone has a job, their personal and official obligations, we are going beyond our time availablity to work for retrogression. I strongly urge you all to take this as a wake up call before it is TOOOOOOO LATEE TO REGRET ALSOOO...... I can help from the academia, considering lack of interest among most of you, I am sensing it is pointless to help anyone, when their is lack of interest in the EB RETRO Public, without participation., If you want to win election, you need votes. Similarly to win Retrogression, we need votes by way of mass participation. Hope it makes sense to you all.. Come register and strengthen your chances...

you sure look like a crab trying to pull others back

first of all you are crazy to think that labor cert can be sold for 3K, these would be only current labor cert through PERM etc or fast states like NH, which will not affect the people already in queue. any old labor cert doesnot get sold in dozens like you say for mere 2K.

you also want to go to the extent of informing lou dobbs just for the sake of satisfying your personal issues you want to bring down our whole community image in US media for self gratitude.
you also stabbed your students in back by collecting the info or something which they shared with you in confidence

shame!!!!!!!!
sundar99 said:
Very URGENT :

I was talking to a few of my students who work for different companies about this EB Retro issues last week. some of my students have a few hundred consultants working with them in their MNC.

They are all purchasing Labor Certs for 2000 to 3000 $ each, and are rushing to file 140 presently. This is available in large numbers evidently. It seems like even big Indian MNC are getting into the race !...

1. Suck up and buy the labor Certs and wait for the company to get a reject on I 140 (if their financial status is weak).
2. Write to folks like Lou Dobbs, and like minded guys about how folks are exploiting the labor sub presently to beat the April deadline and how this will affect america as the labor sub guy could also be a sub-standard person too for the job and growth of America.
3. THis can really help you all, because if they pull the plug ASAP on this or even start rejecting 140s for atleast the fraud cases (which may be 98 %) for all Labor Subs filed between Feb and April, you will improve your situation.
4. VERY VERY IMPORTANT - IF you guys just visit various immigration sites to collect information and do nothing beyond the bridge of your nose, then you should buy a return ticket and consider yourself a loser and incompetent to get a GC. Unless you all collectively act and fight the system legally, there is no way out guys !.. it will end up as a n+1 syndrome, your GC will be power of x in years !, and you do not know how your folks back home are doing and will always live in the well called "Miserable Living".
Arise and Awake to the reality, give it a good fight, this is your best year, since next year is impossible to get any consessions, (Election year), so think for yourself. No one is doing another a favour by working for EB Retro issues. You are the biggest beneficiary, if you think to scratch the back, you want someone's help then you are the biggest looser, no one will scratch your back. You have to fight your battle. So do not just come and visit and push off. Do not think others have lot off time and you are the only busy bee. Everyone has a job, their personal and official obligations, we are going beyond our time availablity to work for retrogression. I strongly urge you all to take this as a wake up call before it is TOOOOOOO LATEE TO REGRET ALSOOO...... I can help from the academia, considering lack of interest among most of you, I am sensing it is pointless to help anyone, when their is lack of interest in the EB RETRO Public, without participation., If you want to win election, you need votes. Similarly to win Retrogression, we need votes by way of mass participation. Hope it makes sense to you all.. Come register and strengthen your chances...

Last edited by a moderator:
nato said:
first of all you are crazy to think that labor cert can be sold for 3K, these would be only current labor cert through PERM etc or fast states like NH, which will not affect the people already in queue. any old labor cert doesnot get sold in dozens like you say for mere 2K.
They actually could now be as cheap as $2K each because the proposed labor substitution elimination is threatening to make them become worthless. The fraudsters are rushing to sell them off while they still can.

sundar99 said:
Very URGENT :

stop freaking and pushing false propaganda. We should all get together and buy you a return ticket, but I guess you're lucky that we are 'incompetent' to do that.
Keep working on your motivation speeches meanwhile.

People should be careful of what they post.We have lived legally for so many years and now dont want to do something foolish and motivate others to do it.I am sure the teacher ( !!! ) would abide by the principles and laws.

sundar99 said:
Very URGENT :

I am too an academician, but after reading this post of yours feel that instead of motivating people to join as a group, you are discouraging them.

Negative post do not influence your agenda, they do more harm than good.

I would request everyone to refrain from any negative posts, they certainly would not add to your membership.

People who buy labor certifications will do no good, because there are agencies scouting for fraud and they are aware of such practices. That's why they came out for the elimination and I am in complete agreement.

While you are at it, may I also suggest an order of french fries to go with it? And a large diet Pepsi?

I must really be the big M O R O N to have waited in this line and done things legally.

But hey - I sleep peacefully at night!

YMMV!

sundar99......to tell you the truth......it will be for your own good if you dont spend too much time trying to stir some life in the dead bodies.

i was frustrated at the silence of supposedly 200k people in the EB GC queue....but i found out that maybe its the mentality of middle class.....and its not going to go away.....we want to keep our bread and butter even if we have to work for our oppressors(remember india before 1947....90% of british workforce in india were indians...).

similar thing over here.....we will just accept things as fate......we do not beleive in taking any risk(even if it is an imaginary one)....we do not beleive that a common man can influence legislation.....we are too busy with our life.......or maybe we are just wishing that something will happen and we will be out of this......or people with PD of around 2002 and before must be thinking that anyway they will get their GC why to take this risk by being a activist....

frankly i do not know the reason why there are only few hundreds willing to participate in any activity......i know one thing.....that its almost impossible to count on all of them to unite (maybe we need one more gandhi.....)....so my policy is just take care of myself.....and live with this frustration that i belong to a community which is spineless......maybe some genetic defect(british rule may also have been becos of that...)

Getting a sub-labor may not just involve the cost of labor as such but could involve more by way of lower billing\pay...the real cost could be probably higher. So I won't brush away 2k\3k as the cost, esp.if companies are trying to get it out before the deadline. Its a easier sell comparatively.. the price seems less intimidating and people buying labor don't usually compute the "true cost".

On a another note, I would see this happening only with small companies esp. consulting. I don't see why MNCs would take the risk of selling for 2k-3K, the cost is nothing for them considering the risk. The MNCs may give it out to their existing employees for goodwill reasons as they have nothing to lose by doing so. ( I know an American multi-national that has done this, although this was before the DOL announcement of eliminating sub-labor).

I think we should still try to bring it to DOL attention by way of directly contacting them (anyone with their email or telephone number?) and media.

The problem with labor substitution is that the beneficiaries jump the queue using paperwork for an imaginary job and get ahead of folk who are actually sponsored for a real job (often the one they are already working in).

I don't think labor sub is a key ingredient in the retrogression, but any reduction in the need for visa##s is desireable.

I dont believe that MNC's are selling labor's for 2K. I think from last 3,4 months even most of desi consulting companies are not getting in to this mess, after cybersoftec scandal.
Another solution is dont let them use the actual prioirty date, PD should be the date of filing 140 , if it's a substitute labor :D

agree, you don't see too much of labor ads selling now openly either

with the PERM based labors sold the key objective people have now is to get the 3 yrs extn beyod 6th year...and some companies may just resort to get some money rather than turning them into piece of trash with those PERM approvals. Elimination is a good step forward...and since it becomes invalid after 45 days so at best person can gain 45 days on PD by taking those subs and the only benifit being that 3 yrs H1-B extn
sr2610 said:
I dont believe that MNC's are selling labor's for 2K. I think from last 3,4 months even most of desi consulting companies are not getting in to this mess, after cybersoftec scandal.
Another solution is dont let them use the actual prioirty date, PD should be the date of filing 140 , if it's a substitute labor :D

It is time to join together at IV NOW!!!

We nearly tasted success at S.1932, but we only lost because AILA & business leaders had their own agenda. Everyone, everyone - including the anti-immigrationists agree that something is bound to happen with immigration (they want to just restrict themselves to border security / enforcement). Most people think the bills will get a hearing end-March 2006.
Imagine if we had IV up & running, and QGA speaking for us during S. 1932! Just imagine, just imagine, friends ! BTW I am just a victim of retrogression, and do not personally know anyone at IV.
Well, we can only move forward - but some people have gotten together to start IV ! But only all of us can see it to fruition! We owe it to ourselves and our families to have our voices heard!
Contacting senators / Congressmen, sending faxes & emails and all of the other stuff is important. But, all legislation is actually a collection of deals made behind the scenes. Those of you who know the S. 1932 stories, and I just heard whatever was posted here & there and do not personally have any special inside info, know that the anti-retro provisions were there only because of AILA / business lobbying.
Think about this - somebody went to a CA Senator's office recently, and were told that they were unaware of retrogression. It is possible that only the staffer was unaware / uninformed, and yet, both the CA Senators had voted against the Byrd amendment!
Quite possible (a)the staffer was unaware - one of the CA Senators is actually fighting for re-election, and Cindy Sheehan has actually thought of opposing her - so she may be hiring more/new staff. But,(b) maybe the Senator is indeed unaware.
Yet she voted for us when it was needed!
It was the lobbying that made it possible.
LOBBYISTS ARE A LEGITIMATE WAY TO GET HEARD in Washington,
AND THEY NEED TO BE PAID.
Please do the math for yourself everybody, vote with your wallet now, and hope to be successful soon!
Or, wait years on the death row version of Immigration, with no end in sight in the normal course!
JOIN IV NOW, and get your friends / neighbors / relatives/ everyone who can - atleast do it yourself - for yourself!

Wow, if your advocacy efforts are as discombobulated as your post, you have a long way ahead of you.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

hadron said:
Wow, if your advocacy efforts are as discombobulated as your post, you have a long way ahead of you.
The points for all of us are what we have known a long time
(a)We have to act if we want to end retrogression
(b)We have to act together, and that time is now
(c)Lobbyists are a great force who can get our voice heard
(d) IV is on the right track by getting Lobbyists

Instead, of running each other down, we may try to get everybody to join IV. The more of us, the better it will be. Time is of essence because the Senate Judiciary Committee starts hearings in about a month.

I am just a member at this Forum & at IV, who is trying to get others motivated by spreading the word now. I am even willing to stick my neck out to possible ridicule by any fool in this process, because I believe in the cause.

I am certain you are much better at this hadron - why not try your hand, and show us what you are made of?

The points for all of us are what we have known a long time
(a)We have to act if we want to end retrogression
(b)We have to act together, and that time is now
(c)Lobbyists are a great force who can get our voice heard
(d) IV is on the right track by getting Lobbyists

Great, 4 lines, and they say so much more than the confused ramblings in the prior post.

Please appreciate genuine efforts

Guys,
lets appreciate someone's genuine effort in spreading the word. Time not to fight and point out mistakes amongst ourselves.
If you think an effort by a fellow member lacks something, please help and add substance to it, but lets not say something that will dampen/discourage efforts,
Time really for all inputs,suggestions from everyone to fight this monster.

Hope i havent offended anyone!

yes supporting the IV is the way to go. The last retrogession in 1999 was resolved by a change in law. And that involved lobbyists !

So support IV !!

For anyone intending to 'vote with their wallet', please keep the following in mind:
- Only US citizens are allowed to contribute to political campaigns (it is even illegal to give money to a citizen friend and have him contribute as a straw-man)
- there are regulations regarding political action committees (PAC) controlled by 'agents of a foreign power'

While I appreciate the enthusiasm of the folks setting up IV.com (and I have no reason to doubt the sincerity and honesty of their efforts), I don't see a whole lot on the groups website dealing with the legal aspects noted above.

hadron said:
For anyone intending to 'vote with their wallet'

Time Line of a poor immigrant --- pay for H1 -- work for low wages -- employer charge big fees for GC --- pay attorney --- and now pay for lobbyist.

[All steps may not be true for some ... many guys have had got there GC without a lobbyist]

Aren’t there any kind hearted lobbyists who can bring about reforms in immigration without fat fees