EAD Timeline: Updated

Approved

Today I found 2 messages from CRIS in my mailbox, thinking who the F... is CRIS. Well, CRIS is my new best friend because he informed me that my EAD and AP were approved on 9/16/05 !

Hurray!

Wishing the best of luck to Ari4u and everbody else waiting.

Madelief.

ari4u said:
prk770s and foshizzy have same ND as you and they got approved. Chigapo got his RFE, im clueless and so is afterblues. I dont think the DO has to do anything with approval times as the NBC is responsible for the EAD. Im not sure if it is RFE that is slowing us down, but im still on the phone waiting to talk to a rep and find out for sure.

I need to enroll in the art of living class to make sure i dont hurt anyone on my way back home... :D

My lawyer had an explanation : The processing does not take place by date. But by person. There will always be those super efficient types who move on well before the ND posted on their website, and they will be processing NDs as late as 22ND of august when people like me and Ari will be stuck with the more ponderous ones and go through the torture of wondering why everyone with later dates seem to be getting their EADS when we hear nothing. Sick leaves and holidays also impede the process....I mean the forms are not handed over to someone else, but wait for Mr/Ms. Flu/ Vacationing in Utah to return. My friend who applied on the 22nd and even had an RFE, got his EAD already and I have not received anything.

As for status updates, the case worker is supposed to give the material to a temp worker who enters it. Sometimes the backlog is so high that the card arrives in the mail before the approval arrives in the email.

The only bright spot I see is that if I do not get a denial or approval by the 28th of this month, I can try to go to the local district office and make an INFOPASS appointment and get my interim EAD (90 days from RD). I hope that works because I need to vacate this apartment by the end of this month. If it does not work out, Hello Mother in law, can we stay with you until we work this out ?

Waiting for EAD and AP Renewal (Married to USC)

Hello everyone,

I've been looking at the posting and thought they were extremely helpful so I figured I might as well give them a try. Here's my situation: Applied for a AOS (Marriage to USC) in Houston in September 2004. We had our interview in March 2005 (for I-485) and I was told that everything is ok but I have to wait for the FBI to finish the Name Check (as you can imagine I'm still waiting and my lawyer says it can be another year or so... :mad: ).

In July 2005 I applied for renewal EAD and AP and I decided to try the e-filing thing. I did that and printed the receipts online (7/21/05) and on the same day 7/21 I did my biometrics in Houston. I also went ahead and sent some backup information (copies of pending I-485 and current EAD and AP and some pictures) to the NBC (Lee's Summit, MO) - my online receipt said to send them there (apparently it's the same thing as the Chicago Lockbox). So I guess my RD and ND are 7/21 (to update the spreadsheet).

My problem is I never received the physical receipts in the mail eventhough my online status says that receipts were sent! I called a few times the 1-800 number and spoke with an immigration officer who said oh don't worry they're working on your case and it's all good! I guess I don't need the receipts but what concerns me is why didn't I get them...In addition, the NBC shows that they're working on 7/26 for the AP while mine is 7/21!!! :confused:

Any thoughts? I'm planning on waiting for the next update from NBC and if it's more than 30 days for AP from my date I'll go to DO (Houston...good luck to me) and see what they say! :eek:

Hey Guys!

I am in Houston and monday afternoon I have an appointment for interim EAD. Philaug28 gave me the idea. I had RFE, which they received aug 22. Since then nothing.
My RD jun.14. So I hope the best...

afterblues said:
My lawyer had an explanation : The processing does not take place by date. But by person. There will always be those super efficient types who move on well before the ND posted on their website, and they will be processing NDs as late as 22ND of august when people like me and Ari will be stuck with the more ponderous ones and go through the torture of wondering why everyone with later dates seem to be getting their EADS when we hear nothing. Sick leaves and holidays also impede the process....I mean the forms are not handed over to someone else, but wait for Mr/Ms. Flu/ Vacationing in Utah to return. My friend who applied on the 22nd and even had an RFE, got his EAD already and I have not received anything.

As for status updates, the case worker is supposed to give the material to a temp worker who enters it. Sometimes the backlog is so high that the card arrives in the mail before the approval arrives in the email.

The only bright spot I see is that if I do not get a denial or approval by the 28th of this month, I can try to go to the local district office and make an INFOPASS appointment and get my interim EAD (90 days from RD). I hope that works because I need to vacate this apartment by the end of this month. If it does not work out, Hello Mother in law, can we stay with you until we work this out ?

Makes sense. My files are probably being taken care of by spiderman who is building an intricate spiderweb on my application. BAH!

I have a feeling that some officers at NBC seriously look at the processing dates on their site and act accrodingly. Maybe they are waiting for NBC to update the date to after July 11 so they can adjudicate your app and mine :confused:

Just like eveyone else on this thread, you too will get your EAD approved before mine. Lets wait and watch next week, you will probably hear good news regarding your case while i sit here drumming my fingers on the desk wondering where i went wrong and why me???. I am losing hope, turning pessimist, getting desperate and am slowly being devoured by the dark side in me. Wheres my light saber?...lol

madelief said:
Today I found 2 messages from CRIS in my mailbox, thinking who the F... is CRIS. Well, CRIS is my new best friend because he informed me that my EAD and AP were approved on 9/16/05 !

Hurray!

Wishing the best of luck to Ari4u and everbody else waiting.

Madelief.

CRIS is my new best friend as well :) . I decided to check out my email this afternoon and i got the EAD email approval i've been waiting for. It took 55 days from the RD (07/22/05) to finally get the notice, since the Approval Date was 09/15/05.

Hang in there guys, all the wait will soon come to an end. Thanks for the encouragement that i got from all your posts.

BTW ari4u, i just want to clarify that my RD is 7/22 and not 7/27 (as posted on the table). You might have confused my username (lbcat27) with my RD, lol. Great job on the updates and keeping everyone's hopes up.

ND: 07/14/05
RD: 07/22/05
FP: 08/05/05
AD: 09/15/05

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck on Monday - let me know how it goes as I might be heading to that same office if I don't hear anything back soon. If you don't mind me asking what was the RFE about?

My RFE was supplemental form to I 693 ( immunization ) The reason why I am so pissed, that when I did my medical I had to remind the doctor, that I was going to need it, she said she did not know what I was talking about, so she gave me some kind of obviously inappropiate form.It it is the one form, what you can't download from USCIS.When I got the RFE, I had to do research online, finally I found it, sent her. I was stupid enough to pick her, paid $400 and my whole process is delaying because of her!

lbcat27 said:
BTW ari4u, i just want to clarify that my RD is 7/22 and not 7/27 (as posted on the table). You might have confused my username (lbcat27) with my RD, lol. Great job on the updates and keeping everyone's hopes up.

ND: 07/14/05
RD: 07/22/05
FP: 08/05/05
AD: 09/15/05

lbcat27, i think your timeline is messed up. RD comes earlier than the ND. So i assume your notice date is 07-22 and i will update the table with that date. Thanks.

ari4u said:
lbcat27, i think your timeline is messed up. RD comes earlier than the ND. So i assume your notice date is 07-22 and i will update the table with that date. Thanks.

LOL, you're right. It's the waiting that turned my brain into mush. The RD is 7/14 and the ND is 7/22. Thanks for calling out my inadvertent attention to detail. ;)

foshizzy said:
Good news folks... I just received email saying that:

" On September 8, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you
a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Also, I-131 didn't show up online this morning and now magically it shows up online with the status:

"This case has been approved. On September 8, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Now, I will wait for the card and Travel Document and hope that the A# is not wrong :) sorry, Noob75 just some bad humour...

Ari, I hope that you get the card soon. Thanks for maintaining the list. I will let you know when I get the card.

I got my EAD and Tavel Document last week on Sept 14th in the mail.

I was just kidding with Noob75 when I said that I hope that they don't get the A# wrong. Something that had happended to him. Unfortunately, they did get it wrong... Those F...... B......

Fortunately, it is not the EAD which has the incorrect A# but it is the Travel Document. One digit is wrong. They also got one letter wrong in my middle name on the travel document.

Does anyone know what do do in this case? Has anyone had a similar experience with the travel document?

If it was the EAD which had the incorrect information I would a lot more pissed just as Noob75. I feel your pain....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 July 05 (Day 01) Mailed I-485/I-765/I-130/I-131
2005 July 06 (Day 02) Received at Chicago Lockbox
2005 July 13 (Day 09) Checks Cashed (RD)
2005 July 15 (Day 11) Received NOA all 4 forms (ND)
2005 Aug 04 (Day 30) FP/Bio
2005 Sep 02 (Day 59) LUD I-485/I-130 sent to Califirnia Center
2005 Sep 08 (Day 66) EAD and I-131 Approved Online (I-131 now shows for first time approved)
2005 Sep 14 (Day 72) EAD and Travel Document on Hand

New issue. I never received my receipt for my I-485, which was sent the same time as my other documents (see date below). Also, I am not able to enter it in my online USCIS portfolio, but the service center staff assures me it is legit (they gave me the receipt no online) and the reason I am not able to add it is because of some internal systems problem. Apparerently, my post office will deliver letters addressed in my name or my husband's but not one addressed jointly to us( as in me, C/O my husband)! Thus my biggest fear is that they might have sent an RFE to me which was never delivered, and which I cannot even check online (it does not accept my app no.). So, to deal with all my problems, I am taking duplicates of everything, going to the local office and crying my heart out to an immigration officer. I have an infopass appointment for the 21st, please pray I get one with a heart.

ancsa said:
My RFE was supplemental form to I 693 ( immunization ) The reason why I am so pissed, that when I did my medical I had to remind the doctor, that I was going to need it, she said she did not know what I was talking about, so she gave me some kind of obviously inappropiate form.It it is the one form, what you can't download from USCIS.When I got the RFE, I had to do research online, finally I found it, sent her. I was stupid enough to pick her, paid $400 and my whole process is delaying because of her!
Hi,
I will try to get iEAD in Houston next week. Could you tell me how it went for you and what kind of documents they required.

afterblues said:
New issue. I never received my receipt for my I-485, which was sent the same time as my other documents (see date below). Also, I am not able to enter it in my online USCIS portfolio, but the service center staff assures me it is legit (they gave me the receipt no online) and the reason I am not able to add it is because of some internal systems problem.
I dont think you should worry about not seeing your application status online or your receipt no: not being recognised. I still cant see my I-131 and I-130 status online as the receipt numbers are not recognised.

Apparerently, my post office will deliver letters addressed in my name or my husband's but not one addressed jointly to us( as in me, C/O my husband)! Thus my biggest fear is that they might have sent an RFE to me which was never delivered, and which I cannot even check online (it does not accept my app no.).
NOA/RFE/communications from USCIS is addressed only to the applicant. To my knowledge, they never send out letters addressed to the "applicant, c/o sponsor" unless thats how you had your address written on the application. I get letters addressed to "me, c/o my wife" delivered to my house because thats the only way some companies allow utility bills to be printed with both our names on it. You should talk to someone in your post office and sort this issue as they are supposed to deliver mail to an address irrespective of the recipient name

So, to deal with all my problems, I am taking duplicates of everything, going to the local office and crying my heart out to an immigration officer. I have an infopass appointment for the 21st, please pray I get one with a heart.
When you meet the officer, ask for a duplicate receipt for your I-485. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Hi Guys,

I got my iEAD today. My RD jun.14., ND jun.27. With your help I learned, that I can go to the DO and ask for interim EAD. Today I got there at 2.35 pm, and walked out at 3.36 pm, with my EAD, which valid until 06/ 2006.

ancsa said:
Hi Guys,

I got my iEAD today. My RD jun.14., ND jun.27. With your help I learned, that I can go to the DO and ask for interim EAD. Today I got there at 2.35 pm, and walked out at 3.36 pm, with my EAD, which valid until 06/ 2006.

Congrats! So im sure now that 90 days are counted from the RD and not the ND as everyone thought.

Those of you who have been waiting for 90 days or more since the RD can get iEAD by a walk-in to your DO. Ill be doing that in two weeks if i dont see my EAD by then. :mad:

Good Job ancsa! I'm glad that the Houston DO gave you the iEAD and that they gave it until 6/2006. I haven't heard anything new about my case (just checked this evening) and thus if in a few weeks nothing pans out I'll be heading over there -

ancsa said:
Hi Guys,

Congrat's,
Can you tell us what kind of documents they asked for and if they were nice about it.

Hi guys,

about my case:
You need an INFOPASS appointment, otherwise they won't let you in.
You need your passport or any government issued ID, all your NOA
I 130, I 485, I 765. They asked for my RFE, but just took a look. In the lobby there is a sheet on the wall, it says you need your I 765 application form and money order receipt. Immigration officers are nice and friendly except one, of course my window. She said, I had an RFE, that is why my process was on hold. She said actually the 90 days started, when they received my RFE! ( RD 06.14. ND 06.27 RFE at USCIS 08.22 !!! ) Next to this smart lady the other officer heard it, and whispered to her, that she can get is, because 90 days passed since ND. I just don't understand how she can work there, if she does not know the bacis process? I had to go waiting for an other officer, who was very nice, he said: I am going to take care of this. 5 min later he took a picture of me, needed my right index finger print, signature, and 3 min. later he gave me my EAD. I spent there cca. 1 hour, but 45 min. was waiting for my pickticket number.