EAD Timeline: Updated

Thanks to all of you for your input and support.

foshizzy, you are right:
... suppose (I) never even noticed the number was wrong... (I) would have gone ahead and used it...

Ignorance is bliss :D

I was really mad this morning but I'm trying to calm myself down, plus I just got off the phone with a recruiter who wants to interview me next week ;)

Noob75 said:
Thanks to all of you for your input and support.

I was really mad this morning but I'm trying to calm myself down, plus I just got off the phone with a recruiter who wants to interview me next week ;)

Umm.... If you dont already have your SSN card, i think you will run into problems getting it with a wrong A# on your EAD. At the SSA office, they try to pull your records based on your A# and a wrong one might result in delay or denial of your SSN card. I would suggest you take an infopass appt and talk to an immigration officer with proof of correct A# and mistake on EAD. Its no use talking to customer support, you would only be going in circles. My 2 cents...

ari4u said:
Chigapo, did you find out what your RFE is about?

Ari,

No, I didn't find what it is about. I went to an InfoPass appointment, hoping they would be able to shed some light. No luck, it's like a conspiracy. Looks like you and me are left in this torture machine that's called "waiting". One thing I know for sure is that the RFE is linked to I-485, not EAD. I have a job offer that starts on Sept 26th. I don't know what to do. :confused:

What what you do in my case?

Cheers,

Chigapo!

ari4u, I already have a SSN so I think I'll be fine.
I'm hoping I won't have to wait too long for the i-485 interview and then I won't have to worry about the EAD anymore!

Good luck to you and chigapo!

vikas_chopra said:
Ari4u

You should be receiving the EAD soon. Best of luck.

ND- I just noticed that table says ND as 07/18/2005. It is 07/15/05
RFE : On August 29th, I received an RFE for submitting a translation of the birth certificate.

Can you please update the table.

Vikas,

Did you get your RFE for EAD specifically, or some other cases (i.e. I-485, I-130, etc).

Thanks!

Chigapo said:
Vikas,

Did you get your RFE for EAD specifically, or some other cases (i.e. I-485, I-130, etc).

Thanks!

Got an RFE for I-485. Am in process of switching jobs. I explained my case to the lawyers who will transfer H-1 for me. According to them, it's not connected to I-765 and EAD should come through. I hope they are right. I was not expecting an RFE (especially for a translating a bilingual document-It's already in English)

I have the translations ready. Will mail them on Monday

Best of Luck

vikas_chopra said:
Got an RFE for I-485. Am in process of switching jobs. I explained my case to the lawyers who will transfer H-1 for me. According to them, it's not connected to I-765 and EAD should come through. I hope they are right. I was not expecting an RFE (especially for a translating a bilingual document-It's already in English)

I have the translations ready. Will mail them on Monday

Best of Luck

Vikas,

Our situation is common. I got an RFE for I-485 case, but I don't know what it is yet. I truly hope this RFE wouldn't affect the EAD.

Best of luck to you too.

Chigapo

I have a quick question about fingerprinting for a renewal EAD. I got my fingerprinting done on Aug 31 and have called the FBI # twice to see if they transmitted the prints to the USCIS.

From what they said today, Renewal EAD finger prints (index finger only) DO NOT go to the FBI and follow a different process within the USCIS.

Does anyone have any info on this? My LUD changed on Sep 3 without a change in message and could well be because of FP.

Chigapo said:
Ari,

No, I didn't find what it is about. I went to an InfoPass appointment, hoping they would be able to shed some light. No luck, it's like a conspiracy. Looks like you and me are left in this torture machine that's called "waiting". One thing I know for sure is that the RFE is linked to I-485, not EAD. I have a job offer that starts on Sept 26th. I don't know what to do. :confused:

What what you do in my case?

Cheers,

Chigapo!

You atleast know the status of your case, i know absolutely nothing of whats happening with my EAD. No online updates, no emails, nothing in the mail and customer support gives me the same status that i see everyday on the NBC website. Grrrrr... this is so frustrating. :mad:

Good luck to every1

Waiting bites

Hi Ari4u,

Just so you know, I'm watching you like a hawk :eek: , because my ND is only 4 days later than yours. Once you get your AD, I'm next in line. Since I created my portfolio I had one update and the messages didn't even change! No mention of receipt of my FP/Bio (which went horribly), no emails, no nothing.

Optmo's time line shows that most people get a RFE within 53 days, if one at all, so it'd be very unusual for us to get a RFE at this point, am I right? Also, could the variance in the approval times have to do with the DO or service center or whomever is processing AP and EAD?

Stay positive. I will too.

~ Madelief

For those with nd after July5th

I called up the national service helpline to check on why I have not received a receipt for my I-485, and they gave me a receipt no and told me I will not be able to register it online just yet because they are having "problems" with their system and I will not be able to add cases to my portfolio, check for status updates yet. I assume this also means no email updates for those waiting for them? If anyone has had an online approval since wednesday (sept 14th) would they please post?

Me:

Married to USC
I-485,130, 765 mailed June 30, 2005
RD- July 4, 2005
ND: July 12, 2005
FP :Aug 15, 2005 (Independence Day!)
LUD: Aug 23, 2005

ari4u said:
You atleast know the status of your case, i know absolutely nothing of whats happening with my EAD. No online updates, no emails, nothing in the mail and customer support gives me the same status that i see everyday on the NBC website. Grrrrr... this is so frustrating. :mad:

Good luck to every1

I hear you!! My ND is just a day after yours, and I am obsessively checking the NBC processing times every half hour. There are so many people who have got their EAD fifty odd days after their ND, and I am going on 65 days (?). My local fingerprinting office could take me for FP more than a month after the ND inspite of the fact that I called them immediately after getting the notice. I created the account a week later, and my only update has been on aug 23rd which I assume was the fingerprints. Nothing else happening, it is so frustrating. I have a move pending (to dallas), a job pending with people who are starting to get impatient, and a lease that is up next week and who want me to vacate unless I renew for another year! And I can't make any move until I get the EAD. ARRRGH (sorry, venting!)

I have been waiting for my priority date to be processed. I had an update on 08/08/05 , 3 days after i did my FP/Biometrics. Then another one on 09/14/05. But both times, the message were the same (taking 30 to 90 days of processing).

Is it safe to assume that they are processing my EAD application even though the 9/6/05 NBC processing date is 9/5/05?

-------------------
RD : 07/14/05
ND : 07/22/05
FP : 08/05/05
Online Status Updated on 08/08/05 and 09/14/05
EAD approval : Nada

lbcat27 said:
I have been waiting for my priority date to be processed. I had an update on 08/08/05 , 3 days after i did my FP/Biometrics. Then another one on 09/14/05. But both times, the message were the same (taking 30 to 90 days of processing).

Is it safe to assume that they are processing my EAD application even though the 9/6/05 NBC processing date is 9/5/05?

-------------------
RD : 07/14/05
ND : 07/22/05
FP : 08/05/05
Online Status Updated on 08/08/05 and 09/14/05
EAD approval : Nada

I know for sure that around 45 days after ND, they check for fingerprints and that gets reflected online as an LUD change. However, though their other processes are a big mystery to me, I would same as you assume some processing is being done on your case. Another friend with an RD close to yours had 2 LUD changes, (I have had just one inspite of filing 10 days before) but turned out it was because they were gettign ready to send him an RFE! I hope yours is an approval though and I am extremely envious your case is getting processed, now if they would just process mine :)

Ari

ari4u said:

Good luck to every1

Ari, just in case you are checking through the automated national service line, I'd recommend that you call the lines and (click on the option that says "if you don't know your receipt no) speak to a service professional and say you are trying to verify your MSC number. Tell them you have not been able to check updates online with your existing MSC number and were worried that you might have missed an RFE or something. They check their system and can tell you if something is wrong. I am telling you this simply because you say there are no online updates and this might give you some peace of mind that your case is being processed.

My friend who waited 2 months and had no status updates whatsoever discovered this way that she had been sent an RFE (because the street address seemed to have been spelled differently in her I-485 and I-765 which is because of her husband's bad handwriting rather than anything else). She got her EAD 30 days later after she sent in her RFE. I don't think anything like that happened to you though.

Im so mad...

afterblues said:
Ari, just in case you are checking through the automated national service line, I'd recommend that you call the lines and (click on the option that says "if you don't know your receipt no) speak to a service professional and say you are trying to verify your MSC number. Tell them you have not been able to check updates online with your existing MSC number and were worried that you might have missed an RFE or something. They check their system and can tell you if something is wrong. I am telling you this simply because you say there are no online updates and this might give you some peace of mind that your case is being processed.

My friend who waited 2 months and had no status updates whatsoever discovered this way that she had been sent an RFE (because the street address seemed to have been spelled differently in her I-485 and I-765 which is because of her husband's bad handwriting rather than anything else). She got her EAD 30 days later after she sent in her RFE. I don't think anything like that happened to you though.

Yes i did call the CS before and i got the same information i see online. Im right now on hold waiting to talk to a CS rep and hoping that i would get to talk to someone who can provide me more information than i already know! My address is correct on all NOA's. The only thing they screwed up is my last name on the I-130 NOA and i dont think this has anything to do with my EAD approval.

I know few people who had absolutely no updates online but they got their EAD in mail and still no online updates. I just hope the few of us waiting desparately for approval just get the EAD in mail.

madelief said:
Hi Ari4u,

Just so you know, I'm watching you like a hawk :eek: , because my ND is only 4 days later than yours. Once you get your AD, I'm next in line. Since I created my portfolio I had one update and the messages didn't even change! No mention of receipt of my FP/Bio (which went horribly), no emails, no nothing.

Optmo's time line shows that most people get a RFE within 53 days, if one at all, so it'd be very unusual for us to get a RFE at this point, am I right? Also, could the variance in the approval times have to do with the DO or service center or whomever is processing AP and EAD?

Stay positive. I will too.

~ Madelief

prk770s and foshizzy have same ND as you and they got approved. Chigapo got his RFE, im clueless and so is afterblues. I dont think the DO has to do anything with approval times as the NBC is responsible for the EAD. Im not sure if it is RFE that is slowing us down, but im still on the phone waiting to talk to a rep and find out for sure.

I need to enroll in the art of living class to make sure i dont hurt anyone on my way back home... :D

okay, i managed to get hold of a customer support rep after 30 mins of waiting who gave me information i already know and couldnt help me with anything else. I asked to talk to an immigration officer and was put on hold for 1 hr before i could talk to somebody. Officer Gonazles answered the phone, took my receipt number and put me on hold for another 15 mins and gave me same information that the case is still being processed and if i dont get my EAD by mid oct, i should give them a call and get instructions as to what needs to be done. Then i asked if an RFE was holding the approval, she told me that she cant tell much as she has limited information on her system. Grrrrrrr........ :mad:

ari4u said:
okay, i managed to get hold of a customer support rep after 30 mins of waiting who gave me information i already know and couldnt help me with anything else. I asked to talk to an immigration officer and was put on hold for 1 hr before i could talk to somebody. Officer Gonazles answered the phone, took my receipt number and put me on hold for another 15 mins and gave me same information that the case is still being processed and if i dont get my EAD by mid oct, i should give them a call and get instructions as to what needs to be done. Then i asked if an RFE was holding the approval, she told me that she cant tell much as she has limited information on her system. Grrrrrrr........ :mad:

Ari,

I didn't reply to your threads earlier because I didn't have any news. I finally got my RFE letter, asking for Affidavit of Support to be resent. But nothing on EAD :-(

We are in the same boat here. What makes my situation worse is that I have a job offer that starts on the 26th. I set up this date 3weeks ago hoping that I'd get at least approval in the e-mail. Just like yourself, I did everthing possible to get some clue of what's going on. I even asked a customer rep "What is the purpose of this hotline, if you only know what I know". Infopass appointment didn't help either. Maybe they are on stike?!

I have a feeling that they have a "QUOTA" - which means they can only issue certain work authorization per certain time. So we just have to wait our turn.

Cheers,
:cool:
Chigapo