EAD Timeline: Updated

Need an opinion

Hello all,
Need your opinion on this one. Till now, the total number of days shown in the table were calculated from the RD to the AD. We all know that the actual processing for the EAD starts from the ND. So for information sake, I have added a new column in the excel sheet to show the total days from the ND to the AD. Those numbers might actually bring a smile on your face :).

Pl let me know if you wish to see both timelines or only one and also which one. I have only updated the excel sheet for now. Will take action as per the decision here.

Thanks!

The excel file is good enough......

ari4u said:
....... let me know if you wish to see both timelines or only one and also which one. I have only updated the excel sheet for now. Will take action as per the decision here.

Ari4u,

Thanks for spicing up the table in excel format... It is much more readable..
Actually, I don't mind if you just keep the Excel sheet updated with the detailed columns and post just a concise version on the first post... This will reduce the amount of data entry you have to do...

Those who need details can just look at the excel file...

Thanks and keep up the great work... I guess you are next in line for the approval...

Thanks ari4u for all the work. I have another question...has anyone waited for the FP/Bio appointment letter to arrive from the USCIS? How long does it take?

Does anybody know the implications of taking an appointment for FP on your own when the USCIS say that they will send an appointment letter seperately?

Thanks a bunch!

EAD in hand

Dear All,
I have the EAD in hand today as of 2nd Sept, 2005. I think we will need to move on to another thread of when do we get interview/green card.....

Good Luck......

abhp123 said:
Thanks ari4u for all the work. I have another question...has anyone waited for the FP/Bio appointment letter to arrive from the USCIS? How long does it take?

Does anybody know the implications of taking an appointment for FP on your own when the USCIS say that they will send an appointment letter seperately?

Thanks a bunch!

Im not sure of this new procedure. In my opinion, you could walk-in and have your FP done as long as you know your ASC codes. Some users here have done a successful walk-in for FP after giving up waiting for the FP appt letter to arrive in mail. Once done with FP, you could call the FBI number to check if they processed your FP and returned the results back to USCIS.

ari4u said:
Im not sure of this new procedure. In my opinion, you could walk-in and have your FP done as long as you know your ASC codes. Some users here have done a successful walk-in for FP after giving up waiting for the FP appt letter to arrive in mail. Once done with FP, you could call the FBI number to check if they processed your FP and returned the results back to USCIS.

ari4u,
Do you have the FBI number handy?

Thanks
akssriva

akssriva said:
ari4u,
Do you have the FBI number handy?

Thanks
akssriva

1-304-625-5590
They only tell you when they received the FP data from USCIS and when they sent back the results.

Thanks ari4u. I tried scheduling the FP on my own...and they asked about some code from the reciept notice..i think this must be the ASC code...i don't have the Receipt notice with me right now...but could u tell me what exactly do they need before they can schedule the FP? Also, woud it be posible to have it scheduled at an ASC other than my local address?

thanks a lot for ur help!

ari4u said:

Hapless! said:
Thanks ari4u. I tried scheduling the FP on my own...and they asked about some code from the reciept notice..i think this must be the ASC code...i don't have the Receipt notice with me right now...but could u tell me what exactly do they need before they can schedule the FP? Also, woud it be posible to have it scheduled at an ASC other than my local address?

thanks a lot for ur help!

When you call to schedule your FP/Bio, you will be asked for your zip code and the rep would search all ASC in and around that zip code to get an available appointment. If there is an open slot, you would be asked for your name, A# from your I-485 and the ASC codes on your I-485 and I-765 and you may also be asked for your receipt numbers for the 485 and 765.

Look here for a previous discussion
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=182786

And yes, you could schedule it in any ASC. Just provide them that zip code.

Ari - you're next!

Ari,

Thanks for the helpful thread. It seems like you're next in line for EAD approval. Heard anything yet? You know this is a "vacation" month for many people, because of bunch of holidays. Do you think this will impede the processing of your case?

Cheers and good luck!

You too could be next!

Chigapo said:
Ari,

Thanks for the helpful thread. It seems like you're next in line for EAD approval. Heard anything yet? You know this is a "vacation" month for many people, because of bunch of holidays. Do you think this will impede the processing of your case?

Cheers and good luck!

:) It could be me/you/Noob75/MIKETHEWXGUY as we all share same ND. Lets wait and watch to see who's next :D

I havent heard anything yet. No LUD, no information. Well yeah, i can definitely expect delays because of the long weekend, so helpless...

Rfe

Ari4u

You should be receiving the EAD soon. Best of luck.

ND- I just noticed that table says ND as 07/18/2005. It is 07/15/05
RFE : On August 29th, I received an RFE for submitting a translation of the birth certificate.

Can you please update the table.

Rfe

Dear experts,

I checked my online status to find out that USCIS is requesting RFE for my I-485 case. I am not sure what it is as I didn't get it in the mail yet.

My DLU for EAD case did not change. Does anyone think that this RFE might also affect/delay the EAD processing? In other words, do they request RFE on case-by-case basis, or one for all?

Thanks!

false hope

I checked my portfolio this morning after a long break and was excited to see that the LUD on my I-765 changed to 09/02. Unfortunately, instead of the approval notice, I found the same message:

Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on July 11, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. :(