EAD Timeline Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier FP date!!!!!!!

I called this morning at 8:00am (started to call around 7:55am) to rechedule the FP appointment and I got one for August 4..... the original appointment date was August 31.. Wow a big difference...

Thanks for the calling 5 mins early tip ZoomZoom and Noob75 for the tip to bypass all the messages by pressing 1-2-3...

Here is my timeline:

Jul 5 2005 (Day 1) Mailed I-485/I-765/I-130/I-131
Jul 6 2005 (Day 2) Received at Chicago Lockbox
Jul 13 2005 (Day 9) Checks Cashed -
Jul 15 2005 (Day 11) Received NOA all 4 forms
Aug 4 2005 (Day 30) FP/Bio scheduled

DO/interim work permit

[SIZE=2]I only took my reciept notices and a letter of offer for employment starting the 1st of June. I told them that I was waiting for the approval but now NBC has starting processing cases beyond my reciept date of 19th April.The lady in the DO just looked at something on the screen and then told me that I need to fill a form , which was a request for work permit. She then stamped it for approval and sent me to another room where my work permit was made and given to me in less than 30 mins.

Hope that helps.[/SIZE]

congratulation! good job!
but i think it depends very much from the clerk at do...i went yesterday, with the same problem (do miami) she only looked at my documents and told me, i have to wait...she even didn't boder to check my current status on pc. very disapointed :mad:

Walk-in Fingerprinting / Biometrics done today!

I did walk-in FP and Biometrics today, 7/20/2005.

I was so sick of calling the 1-800 number and hearing "sorry, booked for 42 days" or "sorry, the computer system is down". We went to the Pomona ASC and it was nearly empty (around 3pm on a Wednesday afternoon). The employees were really nice. They didn't ask if we had an appointment, just asked to see our receipt letters and photo ID. They did our fingerprints, photo, and signature really fast. We were in and out in like, 20 minutes. :)

Here's the address if anyone's thinking about attempting a walk-in there:

POMONA ASC
435 W. Mission Blvd
Suite 110
Pomona, CA 91766

I made a stupid, idiotic mistake though. I filled in my social security number wrong, and I didn't catch the mistake until we were leaving the office. So I went back and told the receptionist. She said there wasn't anything they could do because the fingerprints were already sent to INS. She recommended that I call the 1-800 number (argh!!) and maybe they could fix it; she also said she didn't think it was a really big deal, because it's just my SSN.

Does anyone know if this will cause a delay in getting my EAD? I'm currently on hold with the 1-800 number (again, arggggghhhhhh!!!) as I type.

Edited: So the 1-800 number customer service rep put me through to an immigration officer, who told me that putting down wrong SSN during FP was okay, in my case, since the SSN isn't on EADs. Okay, sure, whatever he says. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to ASC Newark, NJ today (7/20) (FP&BIO scheduled for 8/9) with my wife and the place was empty. I was shocked, last time when I was there for citinzenship FP the place was packed. Today it took only 15 minutes to get everything done.

The security guard said it's like that on most wednesdays in newark.

EAD Help

Hi everyone

I just went to the NBC website to check the status on my EAD. MY notice date is may 10. the last time I checked the website they were processing may 10 they just updated the page today and it says processing now at NBC is may 30th I had me finger printing done june 6th still not got my EAD. now that hey are processing beyond my notice date does it mean I will be getting my notice soon. I have an OPT which is expiring 31 of july, and I am working right now. I was hoping I will get the EAD before my OPT will expire. Any advice on when I should expect my EAD.

Thanks guys

UR answer

kwensi said:
Hi everyone
I just went to the NBC website to check the status on my EAD. MY notice date is may 10. the last time I checked the website they were processing may 10 they just updated the page today and it says processing now at NBC is may 30th I had me finger printing done june 6th still not got my EAD. now that hey are processing beyond my notice date does it mean I will be getting my notice soon. I have an OPT which is expiring 31 of july, and I am working right now. I was hoping I will get the EAD before my OPT will expire. Any advice on when I should expect my EAD.
Thanks guys
Hello,
You said your notice date is May 10. I am assuming the received date is atlest a week prior to that.( somewhere in April I guess...please mention it ). Your case should have been approved by now as you can see from the table. NBC actually seemed to be processing well before the notice date. Mine was June 6th and already got it last week.
Anyways you don't need to worry because your 90 days from received date will be up by July 31. Just make an appointmenr via infopass on the 91st day from the received date and go to your local DO to get a DO.
Other concrens feel free to PM me
thank you

rfe on ead

from TSC EB2 (Sub)
applied on 06/13/05 140/485/130/ap
6/15/05 all RD
7/15 ad EAD and AP. (rfe on ead asking 140 reciept notice)
Does any one know when texas service center send the finger print notice??
Thanks

Case Status Online?

I received NOA's for I-130,485,765,131 on 18th July (Notice date-15th July). However, when I go to check my status online, I get the following error

"Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application. "

Any else had the same problem?

Vikas

vikas_chopra said:
I received NOA's for I-130,485,765,131 on 18th July (Notice date-15th July). However, when I go to check my status online, I get the following error

"Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application. "

Any else had the same problem?

Vikas

Yes this is normal. Like someone said earlier in this thread, it takes anywhere between 0 minutes to 2 weeks for your case to show up online. I cant see mine either, its been 10 days since the ND.

kwensi said:
My received dated wasl on the 25 of april
Make an appointment for July 27 (as 90 days will be up) onwards via infopass at your local DO and get your interim EAD so that you can start your work by July 31st
thank you.

ari4u said:
Yes this is normal. Like someone said earlier in this thread, it takes anywhere between 0 minutes to 2 weeks for your case to show up online. I cant see mine either, its been 10 days since the ND.

My wife's cases didn't show online untill they entered both MSC #'s during FP&BIO. The I-130 case still doesn't show.

EAD Help

Hello Zoomzoom,

I called customer service yesterday and the lady told me i should be getting my decision anytime soon. I complained that my OPT work permit is expiring on the 31st of this month so I need to get the EAD card before the end of the month. She said I should get a decision before that. So do I still go to my local office after july 27 since my 90 days will up by then or wait for the approval.

Also do you have any idea how quickly they update the website ones they make the decision. Thanks zoomzoom

kwensi

kwensi said:
Hello Zoomzoom,

I called customer service yesterday and the lady told me i should be getting my decision anytime soon. I complained that my OPT work permit is expiring on the 31st of this month so I need to get the EAD card before the end of the month. She said I should get a decision before that. So do I still go to my local office after july 27 since my 90 days will up by then or wait for the approval.
Also do you have any idea how quickly they update the website ones they make the decision. Thanks zoomzoom
kwensi
It is not mandatory to get your EAD once 90 days is over. You need it if you want to work. I believe customer service people has the same information as you can have by accessing the internet. Therefore saying you will receive an information soon -- is a random gesture. So it depends on you what you want to do.
And I believe they update the website the next day they approve the EAD.
That was the case in my situation/
thank you

EAD help

I am going to take your word you have been very helpful. the fact is my work require me to travel and right now am in MO working I came from MN I don't get back home till after three weeks so even if they mail the card I will not know. I don't go home till the 4th of August. I tried making an appointment with inforpass and they are telling me that there are no appointment times available. Thanks Zoomzoom

EAD approved!

Yo! I got 3 emails from USCIS regarding my EAD application. Approved as of 7/22. I am so happy. Thanks guys (especially Zoom Zoom) for being there. Life is sweet!!!
Do you guys happen to know how long it takes to get the actual card?
Thanks again!!!

pondicherry said:
Yo! I got 3 emails from USCIS regarding my EAD application. Approved as of 7/22. I am so happy. Thanks guys (especially Zoom Zoom) for being there. Life is sweet!!!
Thanks again!!!
Congrats.The actual card takes 4 to 14 days to arrive in the mail. If 14 days have passed MAKE SURE to contact NBC.

pondicherry said:
Thanks again!!!

Hello Pondicherry,

I just wanted to if your notice date was May 10th and your reciept date April 25th. I still waiting for mine to be approved so I was wondering your notice and reciept dates were the same as mine, may mine will be also be approved on monday. Please let me know man. thanks Man

Status
Not open for further replies.