EAD Timeline Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medical RFE and EAD

kilonzi said:
Thanks for this thread its been very helpful. I am wondering whether you have noticed that an RFE would slow down EAD approval. It seems that from my timeline, I should have heard from them about my approval a couple of weeks ago. I was unaware (or rather my lawyer) that I needed to send in my medical along. I have an appointment on Monday August 1st 2005 for my medical.

F-1 Married to USC

---------------------------------------------------
Timeline
---------------------------------------------------
AOS Packet Sent to Chicago Lockbox 05/08/05
AOS Packet Received 05/10/05
Received NOA for I-485 & I-765 06/03/05
Completed FP & Bio. 06/20/05

I have a similar situation. I think they won't approve the EAD till they get the medical. I will be getting mine on Monday the 1st also. My question is, does anyone know how long it takes them after they receive the medical to approve the EAD? User kwensi has a similar situation and he already sent his medical. It'll be interesting to see how his case goes along.
=======================================================
RD: 5/17/05
ND: 6/16/05
FP: 6/25/05
RFE (medical): 7/20/05

optmo said:
I have a similar situation. I think they won't approve the EAD till they get the medical. I will be getting mine on Monday the 1st also. My question is, does anyone know how long it takes them after they receive the medical to approve the EAD? User kwensi has a similar situation and he already sent his medical. It'll be interesting to see how his case goes along.
=======================================================
RD: 5/17/05
ND: 6/16/05
FP: 6/25/05
RFE (medical): 7/20/05

This is ridiculous. Why the hell do they want medical for the EAD to be approved? If thats the case they should have asked for medical to be attached with the I-765 form.
Is your RFE on I-765?
Well even though I havent received any RFE, my case for EAD is still pending. I was hoping that by today I should have had an approval. I will be waiting till tomorrow morning to see if I get approved.
I guess I am going to lose the job I was suppose to join on 1st Aug. I dont even have an approval to convince the employer to wait.

Just_married said:
This is ridiculous. Why the hell do they want medical for the EAD to be approved? If thats the case they should have asked for medical to be attached with the I-765 form.
Is your RFE on I-765?
Well even though I havent received any RFE, my case for EAD is still pending. I was hoping that by today I should have had an approval. I will be waiting till tomorrow morning to see if I get approved.
I guess I am going to lose the job I was suppose to join on 1st Aug. I dont even have an approval to convince the employer to wait.

The RFE is on the I-485. I am also under stress, I need to join a job september 1st and God knows how long this RFE thing is going to delay my EAD approval :confused:
It says on the RFE that I am not eligible for an interim EAD until 90 days have past from them receiving the medical. So an RFE pretty much resets the clock for the 90 days interim EAD rule. I am hoping something will happen soon after I send them the medical. Otherwise I will be in unemployment hell :mad:

I have no idea why, but it seems that my approal took longer than it normally does. Just my luck, I guess.
Anyway, now that the card is approved online and it's hopefully on its way home, I was wondering how long it would take for a SSC... I can't do anything without one, so the EAD is only the first step I guess...

Any help will be appreciated.

My timeline:

04/29/2005 RD
05/28/2005 NOAs
06/01/2005 FP
07/28/2005 EAD Approved

optmo said:
The RFE is on the I-485. I am also under stress, I need to join a job september 1st and God knows how long this RFE thing is going to delay my EAD approval :confused:
It says on the RFE that I am not eligible for an interim EAD until 90 days have past from them receiving the medical. So an RFE pretty much resets the clock for the 90 days interim EAD rule. I am hoping something will happen soon after I send them the medical. Otherwise I will be in unemployment hell :mad:

I don't the RFE resets your 90days on the EAD that will be rediculous if that is the case. I submitted my RFE medical on July 21st and I have still haven't heard anything yet, unless they have mailed without updating their website. My problem is I had OPT work permit because I was on F-1 before I got married and my OPT expires tomorrow 31st. The issue here is I have got this job now that requires me to travel right now am at site working and I can't just quit the job, so am confused now, my employers have not asked me yet because they know am waiting for my approval. what do I do continue to work or what. will that affect my green card process at. I am sure the approval should be around the corner. ZOOMZOOM or any one I need advise on this. Thanks guys

kwensi said:
I don't the RFE resets your 90days on the EAD that will be rediculous if that is the case. I submitted my RFE medical on July 21st and I have still haven't heard anything yet, unless they have mailed without updating their website. My problem is I had OPT work permit because I was on F-1 before I got married and my OPT expires tomorrow 31st. The issue here is I have got this job now that requires me to travel right now am at site working and I can't just quit the job, so am confused now, my employers have not asked me yet because they know am waiting for my approval. what do I do continue to work or what. will that affect my green card process at. I am sure the approval should be around the corner. ZOOMZOOM or any one I need advise on this. Thanks guys
The approval should be around the corner hopefully. I do not think that this will affect the green card process. As you know there is alittle more waiting for that. As far as the work issue is concerned, my advice is to seek a lawyers opinion on that issue.

The best advise would be to ask your emplyer for a leave of absence fotr the perios EAD doesn't arrive and you can sttle the payments in some other manner later.
About the RFE it foes not reset the 90 day countdown. Here is how it works. Lets say you get the RFE mail on Jan 1st and you return the RFE and USCIS receives it on Jan 20th...what this does will add 20 days to the 90 day countdown.{ i,e time taken to garnish the RFE and when the RFE was sent is added to the 90 days.
Anyways...since you have already responded to your RFE hopefully approval is right around the corner.
If you have time make a trip to your Do with a letter from your emplyer sauing that our job will be terminated if you cannot provide the proper INS documentaion. If you read through the posts in this thread, I recall there were 2 people who got their interim EAD in such a manner.

Updating my timeline

A Walk-in fingerprints is likely possible if you prepare.
After several calls to 1-800 number, I got Sep 8th. for my fingerprints. That's almost 68 days after my RD. So I decide to walk-in like many people in this forum. From the forum, the only thing that stop people from walk-in process is the front security guy who always say "Do you have appointment" :mad:
That's why I got my infoPass in my hand and proudly said, " Yes".

After I got in, nobody even bother to ask about appointment because only few people in there. :eek: That is it. 10 mins after I was done with fingerprints.

---LAST NOTE For people who want to walk-in---
You're likely to have a successful walk-in if your answer to front security is "YES, I HAVE APPOINTMENT TODAY"...So arm yourself with infoPass.
Good Luck.

My Timeline

Hi, I'm new to this forum and here is my timeline:

EAD RD: 6/29/05
ND: 7/6/05
FP: 7/26/05

I think we should use Receipt Notice Day as the baseline for calculation of total processing days, rather than the physical received day.

prk770s said:
A Walk-in fingerprints is likely possible if you prepare.
After several calls to 1-800 number, I got Sep 8th. for my fingerprints. That's almost 68 days after my RD. So I decide to walk-in like many people in this forum. From the forum, the only thing that stop people from walk-in process is the front security guy who always say "Do you have appointment" :mad:
That's why I got my infoPass in my hand and proudly said, " Yes".

After I got in, nobody even bother to ask about appointment because only few people in there. :eek: That is it. 10 mins after I was done with fingerprints.

---LAST NOTE For people who want to walk-in---
You're likely to have a successful walk-in if your answer to front security is "YES, I HAVE APPOINTMENT TODAY"...So arm yourself with infoPass.
Good Luck.

Some info for those who plan to do fp walk-in at Brooklyn, New York. The security guard at the front desk has a list that contains names of the person for the appointment and also the nature of the appointment. I went for my fp appointment last Saturday, once I enter the building the security guard ask me for passport and then check whether my name is on the list. After the guard flipping through several pages, he found my name and right next to my name I saw the words "biometrics, finger prints" . The guard took a form , check some boxes on the form and ask me to fill up the rest. After filling up the form the guard asked me to sit and wait until my number was called. I was waiting for about 15 minutes before my turn and the whole finger print and picture taking was less than 20 minutes. However, most of the people work there are really, really, really, really nasty and treating everyone like dirt. Especially a black lady ( I think she's just a techincian ) there is really rude, she yelled at people for standing up :rolleyes: , yelled at people for not put his bag on the floor ( the guy was hugging his bag ) :rolleyes: and etc... I was there for less than an hour and it disgust me to see the attitude of the workers there..

Good News @ ASC Dallas for FP/Bio

Hi Follow-Kin,

Today (August 2, 2005) I decided to have my FP/Bio done by walk-in at ASC Dallas office at 3701 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX and was successful ! I would like to share my experience with you all !

Here is what happened:

Yesterday, I got my NOA. I called USCIS (8 am) to make an appointment for fingerprinting, the date I got is September 24. That is 55 days far away!!!

I decided on the inspired advise of Meers (a Registered User at this portal) to do walk-in at ASC Dallas at the above address.

I reached at 1.30 pm. The receptionist the gentleman officer asked for my passport and NOA, then he gave me a clip-board with a form to fill in. I took 2 minutes to fill it. The form asked normal stuff like: Name, address, phone number, nationality, date of birth & country, SSN, A#, ASC code, etc.

After filling, I was asked to show that form to a lady officer who took my passport and drivers license to verify the info on that form. Then she asked me to see my hands and fingers etc. Then she gave me a number # 71. There was only one couple before me, filling a form like mine.

I was told to have a seat and wait. I waited for 2 minutes then another lady officer called numbers from the electronic number display... 69, 70 (none were there) then she asked number 71 (that's me) I was asked to follow her to the next room.

In the next large room there were six or seven work stations for finger printing. One of those work stations had two customers(?). I was asked to sit on a seat. Then another gentleman officer asked to come over to his workstation.

He took my NOA, Passport and drivers license with the number 71 ticket. He pointed me to sit at a seat in this work-station. He took time to wear two set of gloves, when done he asked me to come near the computer where he was entering my info from the form onto the computer. Which I find it was correct and okayed every detail. He clicked okay and continued....

He sprayed my hand (one by one) with some spirit based liquid and wiped it off with a napkin. He took my left hand four fingers print on this electronic device followed by the thumb. Then the right hand was done in the same manner. Then he asked one of his colleague to witness his work, then he took my ten fingers print on the same device one by one... then he asked me to take a seat so that he will take my photograph. He did and after this his colleague came and witness the whole process. Then the first officer gave me a yellow piece of paper and asked me to fill in the service satisfaction report which was simple to fill in. It took me 30 seconds to do that.

The officer asked me to drop that yellow paper in a box and then I was told that's it! Have a nice day!!

I thanked the office and the lady officer at the reception and the first officer I met at the enterance.

I had my finger printing done ... within 15 minutes!!!

I wish this type of service existed in all departments! Wonderful staff at ASC Dallas at 3701 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX.

I called my wife and gave her the good news! She was very happy to hear all this !!

Now it's the next step forward... what's next???!!! I am sure it will be enlightening as it was today!

Love and best wishes to all who inspired me, especially MEERS (a registered member at this portal... a big thank you to you Sir/Madam!!!)

Piyalove
----------------------
Timeline:

25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Forms submitted @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Interview for 5 minutes
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-485
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-130
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-485
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-130
24 Sept 2005 : (Day 62) FP/Bio Appointment - NOT NEEDED NOW!
02 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC

Now what ?! Can anybody tell me what's the next step in this process ?! ...

RD vs ND???

This may sound like a silly question: What's the difference between RD (Received Date) and ND (Notice date)? Please explain without laughing. :confused:

According to my UPS tracking, the Vermont CS received my I-765 application on 06/17/05. Howeverr, they only opened it on 07/11/05. My Bio was submitted on 07/20/05.

Chigapo said:
This may sound like a silly question: What's the difference between RD (Received Date) and ND (Notice date)? Please explain without laughing. :confused:

According to my UPS tracking, the Vermont CS received my I-765 application on 06/17/05. Howeverr, they only opened it on 07/11/05. My Bio was submitted on 07/20/05.

RD is the date when your application is received by USCIS
ND is the date when USCIS actually looks at your application and enters the information in their database for processing. This is when your first NOAs are generated.

fast_track said:
Please let me know where to track the case once the I 140 and I 485 is submitted.
Thanks

zoomz00m is a bit busy now, i can answer your question ;)
If you have your reciept numbers, you can track your case here.
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

Create an online portfolio and add your cases. This would give you email notifications everytime your case status changes.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,
my time line:
RD 05/23
ND 06/10
FP 07/05
AD ????

I’m waiting for approval now, and want to ask you, who already got approved, what time of the day (morning, afternoon, evening…) you got email with information that you approved, and if you received message same day when you got approved??
Thank yuo

ari4u said:
RD is the date when your application is received by USCIS
ND is the date when USCIS actually looks at your application and enters the information in their database for processing. This is when your first NOAs are generated.
I totally agree with ari4u. The processing time posted on USCIS website is all based on the receipt notice day, not the received day. Before the receipt notice day, they never get chance to review your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.