EAD Timeline Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my receipt from USCIS and the table makes a LOT more sense now, thanks. Here are my dates:

Mailed - 6/21/05
RD - 6/23/05
ND - 7/6/05

Currently: Trying to schedule finger-printing/biometrics appt, but everything is booked to the hilt. Going to attempt walk-in soon. Does anyone know if any of the greater Los Angeles area ASC's are more "friendly" towards early FP attempts? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checks Cashed

Mailed I-485/I-765/I-130/I-131 - July 5 2005 (Day 1)
Received at Chicago Lockbox - July 6 2005 (Day 2)
Checks Cashed - July 13 2005 (Day 9)

This means Receipt notice should be in the mail I assume ...... Will keep you posted....

--- Updating this post - Received Notice of action letters ---

Received NOA letters for all 4 forms - July 15 2005 (Day 11)
Finger print date scheduled for - August 30 2005 (Day 57)

Ur answer

foshizzy said:
I have a question of my own :
We sent I-485/I-130/I-131/I-765 applications to the chicago lockbox ... Where are all the applications sent from there? We are in Detroit so do we have to go to the Local office/centers here for EAD and Fingerprinting etc....
The I-130/I485 goes to your local DO.
I-131/I-765 is adjudicated by NBC/MSC.
Yes you have to call the number on your receipt and tell them your zipcode and they'll schedule your appointment for the Fingerprinting at the nearest DO(District Office)/ASC(application support center).

Congratulations!! zoomz00m

Hey zoomz00m,

Congratulations!! for the approval of your EAD and Thank you for taking the efforts to making such a great thread.

Received NoAs

I've been reading posts on this forum for weeks now, but this is my first contribution. I'm an F-1 (in OPT) who recently married a USC (been with her for 3 1/2 years). I was working w/ my EAD which expired a few days ago. I submitted an I-130/I-485/I-765 package just recently and received 3 NoAs today !!!

Now I'm supposed to call and schedule a Fingerprinting appointment. I called hoping it would be automated, unfortunately, they were closed ;) I have two questions.

1) The NoA for my I-765 and I-130 have my A# from my old OPT EAD whereas my NoA for the I-485 has a new A#. Is that a problem? If so, how does one correct it?

2) My OPT EAD didn't have a FP on it, is it possible to get a new EAD (c9) w/out having to wait for an appointment or should I just try to walk in :)

FYI, I live in MD (just outside of DC).

Thanks to all of you.

Here's my timeline:

Mailed I-130/I-485/I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 06/30/2005
RD: 07/04/2005
ND: 07/11/2005 (checks were cashed on 07/11 but didn't show up on my bank account online until 07/12)

Noob75 said:
I've been reading posts on this forum for weeks now, but this is my first contribution. I'm an F-1 (in OPT) who recently married a USC (been with her for 3 1/2 years). I was working w/ my EAD which expired a few days ago. I submitted an I-130/I-485/I-765 package just recently and received 3 NoAs today !!!

Now I'm supposed to call and schedule a Fingerprinting appointment. I called hoping it would be automated, unfortunately, they were closed ;) I have two questions.

1) The NoA for my I-765 and I-130 have my A# from my old OPT EAD whereas my NoA for the I-485 has a new A#. Is that a problem? If so, how does one correct it?

2) My OPT EAD didn't have a FP on it, is it possible to get a new EAD (c9) w/out having to wait for an appointment or should I just try to walk in :)

FYI, I live in MD (just outside of DC).

Thanks to all of you.

Here's my timeline:

Mailed I-130/I-485/I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 06/30/2005
RD: 07/04/2005
ND: 07/11/2005 (checks were cashed on 07/11 but didn't show up on my bank account online until 07/12)
Answer to question 2. My OPT EAD dd not have FP on it too. But for c(9) category I believe you have to get FP/BIO done for you to get your EAD.
Usually there is a wait of the mysterious 42 days for FP/BIO appt. Even if you call and get a FP/BIO appointment after 42 days that will be within the time frame before your EAD is adjudicated. (assuming form the experience that it is now taking around 60 days for them to adjudicate the EAD'S).
On te other hand you can always try to do FP/BIO walkin...quite a few people have been successfull in doing so (no harm in trying as you are not losing more than a couple of hours from your life :) )
Bottomline I would say if you can get an appointment by the last week of August there won't be any dlays in your EAD ( because most likely your application for EAD would be adjudicates first week of September)
thank you

one more question

Thanks for your answer to question 2) zoomz00m. I did some research after posting my question and found out that indeed FP is required. In fact, both my I-485 and I-765 NoAs mentioned the FP/BIO appointment.

One last thing, I tried creating a case status portfolio at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp but my receipt numbers (all starting w/ MSC) were not recognized! how long does one have to wait before the status becomes available online.

Thanks in advance.

Noob75 said:
One last thing, I tried creating a case status portfolio at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp but my receipt numbers (all starting w/ MSC) were not recognized! how long does one have to wait before the status becomes available online.

Thanks in advance.
I usually takes from 0 minutes( in most cases ) to about almost two weeks ( in some cases ) for someone to create the case status portfolio. This is caused because according to USCIS they might take some time to put the info into their computer/database.
Anyways there's no need for concern about this since you have got the NOAs and the receipt numbers, you can always call (and gruesomely wait half an hour) to inquire about your case status until you create the portfolios.
thank you

No Luck w/ Walk-in

I called the National Customer Service Center this morning to schedule my FP appointment, unfortunately, I was told they were all booked. She suggested I call again on Monday. The earliest I can get would be Sept. 3 !!!
I then decided to attempt a walk-in at an ASC outside of DC. I was there pretty early but the old security guard wouldn't have it. No appointment no FP. I was really mad especially since the place looked empty :mad:

BTW, my I-765 NoA doesn't mention a FP appointment, just the BIO. The I-485 NoA mentions both FP and BIO.

The wait is killing me. My boss promised to hold my job, but she's not gonna wait forever :(

Thank you all for reading my rant.

zoomz00m said:
The I-130/I485 goes to your local DO.
I-131/I-765 is adjudicated by NBC/MSC.
Yes you have to call the number on your receipt and tell them your zipcode and they'll schedule your appointment for the Fingerprinting at the nearest DO(District Office)/ASC(application support center).

I thought that we had to go to the local office to pick up the EAD once it is approved... Or did they change that now? Will the EAD be mailed to me from NBC/MSC once it is approved????

Also I read somewhere about "signature card", or something like that, that needs to be sent with EAD Application... I don't rememeber sending one but my check is cashed .. does this mean that the application is not missing anything??? I am still waiting for the notice of action letters....

foshizzy said:
I thought that we had to go to the local office to pick up the EAD once it is approved... Or did they change that now? Will the EAD be mailed to me from NBC/MSC once it is approved????

Also I read somewhere about "signature card", or something like that, that needs to be sent with EAD Application... I don't rememeber sending one but my check is cashed .. does this mean that the application is not missing anything??? I am still waiting for the notice of action letters....

1. Your EAD will be mailed to you once it's approved (and after you've completed your FP/BIO at an ASC). Make sure to schedule your FP/BIO appointment as soon as you receive your NoAs.

2. I've never heard of the signature card requirement for the c9 (family-based) EADs. I know it's required for the OPT EAD.

If your checks were cashed, you should receive your NoAs very shortly. However, it doesn't mean that your file is complete or approved. This is only the beginning.

hope this helps.

my timeline

My I-765 (c)(9) timeline is

Mailed: 05/28/05
Received:05/31/05
Notice Date:06/17/05
Checks Cashed :06/16/05
Biometrics: 06/22/05

Thanks for such a useful thread

Interim EAD

ZoomZoom,

I went to my local office and got interim EAD yesterday. No changes in the actual case status though.

Couch

Received NOAs today. My timeline is in my signature.
zoomz00m, pls add me to your list.

I mentioned about my last name being mis-spelt on my NOA for I-130 in a different thread, but i have a question. Will correcting this mistake delay the AOS process?

Jointing the club

Please allow me to joint the club too.
Noob75 and I faced almost the same things. I called 1-800 number yesterday and tried to book an appointment for my fingerprint. She told me that all of them are full and even mentioned about the 42-days log too. Here is what I did. I make appointment via InfoPass that showed some available appointment time on 26th of this month. I print out the appointment and will plan to visit them and will see they will let me get my fingerprint done or not. I will tell you guys the result next time.

Let me borrow timeline format from just_married
---------------------------------------------------
Timeline
AOS Packet Sent to Chicago Lockbox 06/29/05 (Day>>>)
AOS Packet Received 07/1/05 (Day 1)
Checks Cashed 07/11/05 (Day 11)
Received NOA's for I-485 & I-765 06/17/05 (Day 15)

Unbelievable

I was just on the phone to schedule my FP/BIO appointment. I called at 8:00 AM as they suggested but I couldn't get anything. I live outside of DC so I asked the lady to check: MD, VA, PA and DE. Guess what? All the centers in the aforementioned states are booked for the next 7 weeks (apparently they extended the old 42-day period to 48) :mad:

This is unbelievable. I'm gonna be unemployed at least until mid-September (if I'm lucky)!

BTW, if 90 days have passed, can you get an interim EAD w/out FP/BIO?

Noob75 said:
I was just on the phone to schedule my FP/BIO appointment. I called at 8:00 AM as they suggested but I couldn't get anything. I live outside of DC so I asked the lady to check: MD, VA, PA and DE. Guess what? All the centers in the aforementioned states are booked for the next 7 weeks (apparently they extended the old 42-day period to 48) :mad:
This is unbelievable. I'm gonna be unemployed at least until mid-September (if I'm lucky)!
Sorry to hear about your case. Start dialing the number at 7:55am. Might help or might not.
I don't know if you can receive interim EAD without FP/BIO. I haven't encountered such question or situation since everyone so far seemed to be getting FPBIO done well before the 90 day limit.
On the side note try to do a walk in FP/BIO....if thats not possible make an infopass and talk to ain immigration officer regarding your dalay in being able to schedule the appointment.
Anyways you have to hand it to USCIS for their ingenious ways of making all the process as hard/complicated/confusing/frustrating as they can.

Travel Document and update EAD timelime

Can anyone tell me approximately how long it took for your Advanced Parole (AP) to be approved and mailed to you from the time your application was received?

Are Finger Prints(FP) needed for the AP document to be issued?

Just trying to figure out how long I have to wait for the AP document.

Here is my timeline:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mailed I-485/I-765/I-130/I-131 - July 5 2005 (Day 1)
Received at Chicago Lockbox - July 6 2005 (Day 2)
Checks Cashed - July 13 2005 (Day 9)
Received NOA letters for all 4 forms - July 15 2005 (Day 11)
Receive AP - ????????????????????? still waiting
Finger print scheduled for - August 30 2005 (Day 57)
Receive EAD - ????????????????????? still waiting

Noob75 said:

I had the same problem. I asked about interim EAD in DO office but they said it is given only in the case when I765 is rejected but mine was approved. My appointment was on aug 18th and I called 1-800 several times and managed to reschedule my aapointment on 20th july in detroit.It is 5 hr drive but anything for FP. You can also try. I called at around 12 PM again when she said that her system is down at 8AM when I called. Try your luck.

bio/fingerprints app

sorry guys to hear your stories about waiting time for bio/fingerprints. if you want take the risk try to come in miami

HIALEAH ASC
Westland Promenade
Suite 110
3700 West 18th Avenue
Hialeah, FL 33012
this office accepts walk in, if they don't have to much people with appointments. i went there after my bad experience with 1800 number and after 5 min it was done. office was almost empty!!!
keep me posted

Status
Not open for further replies.