EAD Timeline Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
FP at SF

I got my FP/Biometrics done in SF on july 8. I waited for 3 weeks to get the appointment, but I probably could have done walk-in there. I got there hour early, they said no problem and didn't even ask for confirmation number. there was no line, I was out there in 15 mins. (maybe I was just lucky that day)
If any of you live close to SF bay area, you might want to try walk-in.

akko777 said:
I got my FP/Biometrics done in SF on july 8. I waited for 3 weeks to get the appointment, but I probably could have done walk-in there. I got there hour early, they said no problem and didn't even ask for confirmation number. there was no line, I was out there in 15 mins. (maybe I was just lucky that day)
If any of you live close to SF bay area, you might want to try walk-in.

I called up for FP today morning. Its booked for the next 42 days, have to call later. I asked for walk-in to SFO, Oakland or SJC, and i was told that those ASC's do not allow walk-ins. What time did you get in there?

I tried to call before 8:00, unfortunately, I got the recording. The person I spoke to this morning told me that the appointment line won't transfer you to a Customer Service Rep if you call before 8 (and she's right). The only thing I don't understand is since they are closed on Sat - Sun, how can they be booked for the next 48 days in 4 states when I called exactly at 8, and spoke to someone within 2 or 3 minutes. How did the slots fill up? :mad: There's something fishy going on! My wife was shocked when I told her about the situation. She can't believe this is happening in the U.S. and not in a "third world" country. All I could say was: you ain't seen nothing yet. The INS is full of surprises.

As for walk-ins, I tried at one location in MD and the security guard wouldn't let me in without an appointment. I'll try another location later this week, but I'm not very hopeful. The ASCs around here only do FP/BIO so there aren't any INS agents you can talk to.

If anyone has had any luck with a walk-in in the MD, VA, DE, PA region, please let us know.

Also, I still can't look up my case status online (my receipt numbers are still not recognized) and I coulnd't speak to anyone about me having two A# (the phone system won't transfer you to an agent unless it recognizes your receipt numbers). I am very frustrated right now !!!!

My timeline is exactly same as yours. I tried calling a couple of times, neither can i get a FP appointment nor does any ASC around here allow walkins, nor does my record appear in their database, to top it all, they spelt my last name wrong on the NOA for I-130. Grrrr..... :mad:

All the best to you.

easwara said:
Receive Date: 06/30/2005
Notice Date: 06/30/2005

Hi, It looks like your application for GC is employment based. This thread is to keep track of EAD timeline for family based (c9) green card applicants.

Noob75 said:
2. I've never heard of the signature card requirement for the c9 (family-based) EADs. I know it's required for the OPT EAD.

no, it is not required for OPT EAD. I have had two OPT EADs, and not once was I asked for a signature card.

My wife has a valid h1b and EAD, she never used EAD and working on H1b, her EAD is expiring next month. I applied for renewel, if she does not get it renewed by the next month, is she out of status??
Please clarify.

Thanks.

JS485 said:
My wife has a valid h1b and EAD, she never used EAD and working on H1b, her EAD is expiring next month. I applied for renewel, if she does not get it renewed by the next month, is she out of status??
Please clarify.
Thanks.
Once again this thread is for c(9) catgory family based EAD's mailed to NBC. It is unlikely that you will get your answers from posting in this thread. Please be kind enough to delete your thread if possible.
Go to the link below where you are most likely to get your answers.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31
thank you

LucyMO said:
no, it is not required for OPT EAD. I have had two OPT EADs, and not once was I asked for a signature card.

Sorry to say but when I applied for my OPT EAD in 2004, I submitted a signature card which was then digitized. How do you explain that my signature ended up on my EAD? It was taken straight from the signature card :D

ari4u said:
I called up for FP today morning. Its booked for the next 42 days, have to call later. I asked for walk-in to SFO, Oakland or SJC, and i was told that those ASC's do not allow walk-ins. What time did you get in there?

My appointment was at 11am, but I got there around 10am. they didn't check confirmation number or anything. It might by a worth a try.

Good luck.

akko777 said:
My appointment was at 11am, but I got there around 10am. they didn't check confirmation number or anything. It might by a worth a try.

Good luck.

Im going to hide behind the trees near the parking lot, keep a hawks' eye on the guards and wait for my moment when the guards arent around and then quickly dart in :D Wish i could do it.....

Pardon my humor. Frustration is getting to my head :D

Ok. Getting serious... I did get an appointment at sacramento ASC (too far from my place) 31 days from now, but i figured i would bother them constantly so i can make it for SFO, OAK or SJC.

Good Luck!

Update

vikas_chopra said:
Thanks to zoomz00m. Very informative thread. Please add my details in the spreadsheet as well.

My Current Status: H1B

My Timeline:
07/11/05: sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to chicago lockbox facility
07/12/05: Received at lockbox

Keeping my fingers crossed

Vikas

Update

I recd the NOA's and checks have been cashed.

I have to schedule a FP appointment. Do I have to use the 800 number or I can schedule this via Infopass?

My Timeline:
07/12/05: Received at lockbox (Day 0)
07/18/05: Recd NOA for I-485, I765 and I-131. Waiting for I-130 NOA (Day 6)
07/18/05: All Checks cashed (Day 6)

Thanks again to zoomz00m for a great and informative thread

I can't believe my luck (knock on wood)

I called the NCSC again this morning expecting them to say: "Sorry, we are booked solid for the next 48 days in all of MD, DE, VA and PA", or (if I was lucky) that I could get an appointment in September 200 miles from my domicile.
I couldn't believe my ears when the lady said there was a spot available on August 2nd at an ASC less than 10 minutes from where I live!!! :)

I think what's happening is that as people cancel their appointments, spots open up for the rest of us. You should know that if someone cancels, their spot isn't listed until the next day. So if you call in the morning and they say they're full, don't call again until the next morning.

So there's hope for everyone. Keep calling every morning at 8:00. The trick to get through to a Customer Service Rep quickly is to dial 1-800-375-5283 then 1 - 2 and 3 to skip all the fluff.

I hope this helps.

vikas_chopra said:
Update
I have to schedule a FP appointment. Do I have to use the 800 number or I can schedule this via Infopass?
You have to use the 800 number to schedule the appointment. You cannot use the infopass to schdule the appointment for BIO/FP.
Start calling everyday at 8:00am. Calling after 8:05am might be too late (being seious and not kidding).
Good luck

ari4u said:

when you ask the ppl on the 1800 number about walkin they are going to say that the ASC's dont accept walkins. just go to the ASC directly and if you are lucky they will not ask bout the conf. no.

I think im in a dream, someone pinch me. :D I got an appointment at SJC for July 21. Two days from now!

zoomz00m, can you pls update your list?

FP scheduled

zoomz00m said:
You have to use the 800 number to schedule the appointment. You cannot use the infopass to schdule the appointment for BIO/FP.
Start calling everyday at 8:00am. Calling after 8:05am might be too late (being seious and not kidding).
Good luck

Thanks zoomz00m.

I tried at 8.00 am this morning and I couldnot speak to a CSR. I just called 4.15 pm and immediately got through. It seems in Cleveland, Ohio spots are open for as recent as coming Monday. I am scheduled for July 27th Wednesday at 8.00 am.

Thanks again

I-130 question

I am married to a USC. We both have jobs in separate cities and have given our respective addresses in I-130.

We filed for I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765. We have recd NOA/receipt notice for I-485, I765 and I-131. They were all addressed to me. We are waiting for I-130 receipt notice. All the checks (includng I-130) have been cashed.

I was wondering to whom is the I-130 receipt notice addressed:
To the US citizen sponsor spouse OR the spouse being sponsored.

If it's US citizen sponsor spouse then I will probably wait for my wife to receive it. However, if it's addressed to person who is being sponsored i.e, I will try to check with USCIS.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Vikas

My Timeline:
07/18/05: Recd NOA for I-485, I765 and I-131. Waiting for I-130 NOA (Day 6)
07/27/05: FP Scheduled (Day 15)

vikas_chopra said:
I am married to a USC. We both have jobs in separate cities and have given our respective addresses in I-130.

We filed for I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765. We have recd NOA/receipt notice for I-485, I765 and I-131. They were all addressed to me. We are waiting for I-130 receipt notice. All the checks (includng I-130) have been cashed.

I was wondering to whom is the I-130 receipt notice addressed:
To the US citizen sponsor spouse OR the spouse being sponsored.

If it's US citizen sponsor spouse then I will probably wait for my wife to receive it. However, if it's addressed to person who is being sponsored i.e, I will try to check with USCIS.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Vikas

Wife recd I-130 receipt.

My Timeline:
07/18/05: Recd NOA for I-130, I-485, I765 and I-131. (Day 6)
07/27/05: FP Scheduled (Day 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.