EAD card processing slowed down/ Misinformation on website?

thank you for your info. I just made the appt for august 18.
one question please. Did you have to pay 180??????
and pictures?
The people that went with you studied the same major? do you think it is easier with some majors?
thank you so much

iEAD DC area

Hi:
I was wondering if anyone has applied to the DC office for an iEAD card? My LUD was May 31st. I had applied from Boston (to the Vermont center) but have now moved to the DC area. My International center folks say that I need to apply to the DC office for the iEAD, but I am not able to get an appointment ( I get a "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later" message). Have they stopped issuing iEAD cards from the office?

Anyone having similar experiences?

question

sorry I did not say that my post was for mehak 24 and for priya too.
when you go for infopass do you have to pay the 180 fee and have id pictures taken?
thank you

Priya: Thanks and yes it was a huge relief -:)

Mona: you do not need to pay the $180 again or take photo's with you. Your photo and prints will be taken at the DO. I am an IT major and one of the other students there was a designer. So dont worry, just take your I-20, passport and receipt and you will get the card.

Good luck!

No updates here.

sridevi_vangala,

you posted that the Tampa office only processes iEADs on Wednesdays. Was that confirmed recently? I live in Orlando and the office here never seems to have available appointments so I might have to drive to Tampa.

Thanks

Hi
Tampa USCIS actually processes them on Thursdays now.. I got this info from the Tampa DHS directly.. I went there to inquire. Wednesdays was told by NCSC(customer Service rep).

Good Luck,
Sridevi

My RD is May 8th and the OPT was approved. The current status is:

"On August 4, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Does anyone know whether I can start working now before receiving the card? How long will it take to receive the card? Thanks.

LUD on Sunday?

Hi Everyone,
I had the following LUDs on my EAD application.
05/23--- application was received on May 19th .
07/08(Saturday)--- No change in status/message
08/02---After Approving your application a new card was ordered..
08/03---- This case has been approved. Approval notice was mailed Aug 3rd
08/04---- No change in message/status
08/06(Sunday)--- No change in message/status.

Is it not wierd to get LUD on sunday? Any guesses? BTW, I am still waiting to receive my card (Actually the International office in my school will receive it).
Anyway, keep posting.
Thanks
Sridevi

sridevi_vangala said:
Hi
Tampa USCIS actually processes them on Thursdays now.. I got this info from the Tampa DHS directly.. I went there to inquire. Wednesdays was told by NCSC(customer Service rep).

Good Luck,
Sridevi

For some reason the first Thursday after the 90 days is not available for booking in the Tampa office... damn it.

do they typically take walk ins?

Thanks

ATL_GA,
take it on any other available wee day...All u will need to do is come back again and take the card. They told me to take an appointment and we will be asked to come back on a Thursday. So take the first available day.

Hi,

I haven't got any updates yet. I will be applying for infopass appointment in coming week. I really pray that situations may not go that worse. But, I am quite worried because my employer has been waiting on me. My RD is May 26 and I am really looking forward for approval in coming week , If they work !!

It was taking 3-5 days for the card to arrive until June end approvals. I wonder how much time are they going to take now. I hope it is not that hard to mail the cards.

Best Regards.

BOSNUTR said:
Hi:
I was wondering if anyone has applied to the DC office for an iEAD card? My LUD was May 31st. I had applied from Boston (to the Vermont center) but have now moved to the DC area. My International center folks say that I need to apply to the DC office for the iEAD, but I am not able to get an appointment ( I get a "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later" message). Have they stopped issuing iEAD cards from the office?

Anyone having similar experiences?

Hi, Bosnutr

We are in the same area. To make an info appointment, the best time is 6:30PM to 7 PM. They update the system at that time and the new available appointment time comes out. that's my lawyer told me. Good luck~ I made an appointment Aug.21.

sridevi,

The card has arrived (well, I have received an e-mail that my international office has received it). Just wanted to let you know.
Take care.

Congrats !! Bzc_tsc,

You applied at Dallas DO right? And what state was it mailing to? Also, can you please mention what date it was approved and what date you received it? Just trying to get all the statistics.

Anyone else who has received the card? Please mention your approval date and receive date.

Any new approvals????? Friends, pray for me !! I "HOPE" I am next. RD May 26.

Best Regards.

LEO,
I applied to the Texas Service Center, I do not know whether they are in Dallas.
My RD is June 6th
1st LUD July 8
2nd LUD July 26
3rd LUD July 27
4th LUD Aug. 2
5th LUD Aug. 3 (and e-mail about approval)
6th LUD Aug. 4 (and e-mail about sending me the card)

International Office received the card on Aug 7th.

Take care,