• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2021 Asia selectees

Hi all
I have a question, i have completed my studies in Egypt and finished it around 20 years ago.

Around 2014 i tried to immigrate to Another country and i obtained Egyptian police certificate (and purpose of using is written on that certificate) and I still have a translated copy of it.

I went there visiting in 2016 for a week

Now, the embassy of egypt informed me that the police certificate would take maybe until the decembet to obtain it, that's long timing.

For sending the files to KCC, to avoid any delay, can i use the old Egyptian certificate since i never lived there again?

Hi all
I have a question, i have completed my studies in Egypt and finished it around 20 years ago.

Around 2014 i tried to immigrate to Another country and i obtained Egyptian police certificate (and purpose of using is written on that certificate) and I still have a translated copy of it.

I went there visiting in 2016 for a week

Now, the embassy of egypt informed me that the police certificate would take maybe until the decembet to obtain it, that's long timing.

For sending the files to KCC, to avoid any delay, can i use the old Egyptian certificate since i never lived there again?
Hi Chunky
Egyptian police clearance certificates are valid for 3 months from their issuing date.
However, you need to contact the embassy in which your interview will be held and tell them about your situation. Only they can give you a valid and credible feedback, preferably in writing i.e. email..
Best of luck for you and keep us posted of any news)
Cheers

Hi Chunky
Egyptian police clearance certificates are valid for 3 months from their issuing date.
However, you need to contact the embassy in which your interview will be held and tell them about your situation. Only they can give you a valid and credible feedback, preferably in writing i.e. email..
Cheers
If i sent them to KCC on December, and then for example my interview was scheduled for april, and i didn't go to egypt again within this period, should i submit new police certificate or the issued ones are sufficient?

Hi Chunky
Cheers
Dept of State deems police certificates valid for a year regardless of local expiry, and valid after that if the person has not returned (see https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html ),is there a specific cairo embassy instruction that egyptian police certificates are only valid for 3 months? Generally if it’s easy to get a new one people might do it, but often it isn’t.

For clarification

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:
  • You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

If i sent them to KCC on December, and then for example my interview was scheduled for april, and i didn't go to egypt again within this period, should i submit new police certificate or the issued ones are sufficient?
According to your earlier post, you obtained your police clearance around 2014. That’s a LONG time ago. And if you look at the bottom left corner of your original police clearance record, you will see the following written in red: “The record is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.” Which means that if you obtained your PC in 01/01/2014, it will be valid until 01/04/2014.
Now, regarding what Sussie just said, let’s say it is valid for a year, this means that it had already expired in 2015.
What you need to do is contact the embassy and explain your situation. They will tell you what you need to do. (That’s the safest option)
Either way, go ahead and apply for a new PC, just in case)

According to your earlier post, you obtained your police clearance around 2014. That’s a LONG time ago. And if you look at the bottom left corner of your original police clearance record, you will see the following written in red: “The record is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.” Which means that if you obtained your PC in 01/01/2014, it will be valid until 01/04/2014.
Now, regarding what Sussie just said, let’s say it is valid for a year, this means that it had already expired in 2015.
What you need to do is contact the embassy and explain your situation. They will tell you what you need to do. (That’s the safest option)
Either way, go ahead and apply for a new PC, just in case)
The no conviction certificate i obtained from where i live now (uae) is valid for 3 month, but not an issue since it's online and can be obtained in 3 days.

But also i found this, couls be helpful
I found this at usvisa
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate

I see!
Since you never returned to the country that issued the certificate, I think your PC is valid and you don’t need a new one. It is clearly stated in the State Department website.
If I were you, I would still start the process of getting a new one, even if I know I will receive it in December. This is just me :)

I see!
Since you never returned to the country that issued the certificate, I think your PC is valid and you don’t need a new one. It is clearly stated in the State Department website.
If I were you, I would still start the process of getting a new one, even if I know I will receive it in December. This is just me :)
The question is
By "return" does it mean to live again there or even if you go as a tourist?

The question is
By "return" does it mean to live again there or even if you go as a tourist?
You already quoted it in post #126. Does not live there.
but again if you’re worried just get another one if it’s easy enough, no point stressing over this for months on end.

Is CP not happening for all countries until December or is it only for specific country? I am trying to decide between CP and AOS. TIA

Hi
Please I have a question regarding my family name

In the passport it is (Al-Bakery) but in the DS-260 Form it is not accepted the (Dash -)

Please what I will write, (AL Bakery) or (AlBakery)?

Thanks

Honestly, i don't know
But take a screenshot of the error when you put the "-" just in case if they asked why it's not the same as the passport

I was checking the medical exam cost online, there is no fixed price, range between 185 to 225 USD.

But when i called the approved hospital in UAE, he gave me the amount of 400 USD per adult.

Is this even possible ? Has anyone in this forum from Abu Dhabi has done the medical ? And how much did it cost you ?