• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Hello Fam,
Trust we had a wonderful Weekend_it seems I didn't make the cut for 2018 October interview, even I submitted ma DS-260 early for processing.

submitted date: 12th May

unlocked: 25th May

CN: 2018AF43XX

Called KCC and the Rep told me they are now processing it and I should expect a November interview......

Fingers crossed;)
That is alright bro. You will surely have it.

Please am new on this platform. I have my middle name kweku on my birth certificate and passport but I didn't use it on all my education certificate. I wnt to if this will cause me a problem on interview. I have an affidavit from court to support it.

Please am new on this platform. I have my middle name kweku on my birth certificate and passport but I didn't use it on all my education certificate. I wnt to if this will cause me a problem on interview. I have an affidavit from court to support it.

No problem.

No sweat bro. You got more time to get ready to go and get that visa
Good.!!
I learned if now your original certificate is lost, u can apply for attestation of result from waec which is also just like the original certificate.
But please,has anyone used this attestation at American embassy for dv lottery before???
My friend has misplaced his certificate but he is a selectee for this year!!!

Good.!!
I learned if now your original certificate is lost, u can apply for attestation of result from waec which is also just like the original certificate.
But please,has anyone used this attestation at American embassy for dv lottery before???
My friend has misplaced his certificate but he is a selectee for this year!!!

If WAEC can attest or verify your results, why not? It is geniue

This lottery thing is something ooooo.
Just last week,someone was denied visa and according to him,the reason given was that he doesn't have TERTIARY EDUCATION. But I told him that this is rare to me because if u read from their website,the minimum qualification interms of education is HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA. So I wonder why he was denied.
This guy was seriously looking for a lawyer!!!!

This lottery thing is something ooooo.
Just last week,someone was denied visa and according to him,the reason given was that he doesn't have TERTIARY EDUCATION. But I told him that this is rare to me because if u read from their website,the minimum qualification interms of education is HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA. So I wonder why he was denied.
This guy was seriously looking for a lawyer!!!!

Obviously without knowing details....here's some speculation as to what may have happened: it's not just "a" high school diploma, but one that is equivalent to completed study in the US that allows you to enter college (in the US). So it's possible his high school diploma had a mix of subjects/grades that did not meet this requirement, and that the CO would have been able to overlook that if he had further education...but he didn't.

A lawyer won't do any good, there is no avenue for appealing a consular denial. And even if you could, there is probably no way an appeal could get through the system before the end of the fiscal year.

Last edited:
Yea,I learned is only F that the embassy does accept and according to him,he has the grades.
But from the look of things,I will personally assume that someone having tertiary education in addition to his high school certificate has fair advantages than someone having only high school certificate !!