• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2017 AF selectees

Hello guys
After submitting my ds 260 form, how do I get my appointment info?

You don't automatically get scheduled for an appointment on the basis of having submitted your DS260 form, I already explained the process in a previous response to it.

In general though, an email notification is sent by KCC asking those scheduled for interview to log back into the same website where they originally checked their selection confirmation from to see their interview notification letter. You

Reactions: myk
You could have waited to get married before submitting your form, with your AF23xxx, your interview isn't likely to take place before 2017. Now, all you need to do is contact KCC after your marriage in Sept and request for them to unlock your form. Once they unlock it, you'll change your marital status from single to married, and fill out a separate DS-260 for your spouse before resubmitting - I'm assuming the plan is for your spouse to be issued with a visa also.
Plan.....:)

Hi all, I was lucky enough to get selected from Egypt :)

Congrats for all selectees and I have 3 questions:

1- I'm expecting a baby by 17 June 2016, should I submit my form now or wait until we have the baby ( my case number is 5xxx ), and if I waited, could this lower my chances by any means ?

2- I applied for non-immigrant US visa before but the counselor didn't grant me the visa because I was missing the conference invitation letter. Does this count as a rejection or not ?

3- And do old rejections affect visa chances ?

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi all, I was lucky enough to get selected from Egypt :)

Congrats for all selectees and I have 3 questions:

1- I'm expecting a baby by 17 June 2016, should I submit my form now or wait until we have the baby ( my case number is 5xxx ), and if I waited, could this lower my chances by any means ?

2- I applied for non-immigrant US visa before but the counselor didn't grant me the visa because I was missing the conference invitation letter. Does this count as a rejection or not ?

3- And do old rejections affect visa chances ?

Thank you

1. If you'll like to be interviewed as soon as your CN becomes current, fill and submit the form now. Depending on on when you have the baby and if already scheduled for the interview or not, you'll have the option of contacting the embassy you're scheduled to be interviewed at, or KCC to request your form be unlocked in order to add the baby. If you don't mind being interviewed later, then wait to have the baby first before submitting the form.

2. Yes, that counts as a visa denial.

3. Typically doesn't, but it greatly depends on the reason for the denial.

I would like to hear from DV2017 selectees from the AF region. Please post here no matter which country you are from. I have not see hardly any of you around.

Yes we are, we are still puzzled by so many things to understand, the terminology used as well as the documents needed. One good thing on myside i have managed to complete and submit the DS 260. Remaining is to understand the functionality of VB and its associated terms. ( current and cut off dates)

I have one question
1. What are the reason behind non calling all case Number issued for a certain region?

2. Does it happen that the DoS can do a second selection in order to increase the chance of selectees ?

Thanks in advance

Yes we are, we are still puzzled by so many things to understand, the terminology used as well as the documents needed. One good thing on myside i have managed to complete and submit the DS 260. Remaining is to understand the functionality of VB and its associated terms. ( current and cut off dates)

I have one question
1. What are the reason behind non calling all case Number issued for a certain region?

2. Does it happen that the DoS can do a second selection in order to increase the chance of selectees ?

Thanks in advance

1. They select more people than they need. So some people might not get a chance. Lower numbers are processed first.
2. Sometimes.

hi there

i was in the process of filling the DS 260 and i am stuck at the question of work education and training!!Currently i am attending university and i am second year student(sophomore).
so
1.)what should i answer for the question highest level of education??HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR UNIVERSITY NO DEGREE???
2.) on primary occupation is ok if i choose STUDENT and Fill The info of my university??
3.)
since i am studying engineering; can i answer engineering for the question in what occupation do you intend to work in the U.S.

Last edited: