• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2017 2nd draw has taken place

Hello got an email, is 2017SA000010xx a low or high number for SA ?

Just want to make sure before filling up the forms and getting my hopes up.

Thanks

Definitely KCC sends emails only to people that had won... I can confirm two such cases in EU region with CN 23xxx and 25xxx

Hello got an email, is 2017SA000010xx a low or high number for SA ?

Just want to make sure before filling up the forms and getting my hopes up.

Thanks

The 1st draw numbers were the earlier numbers of course - so your number is somewhere in the 2nd draw batch. It doesn't seem a bad number given progress in previous years. Make sure you take your time to read how to process your case - your interview won't be for months anyway, so there is no need to rush.

Thanks,

1) btw is there a difference between choosing to do the interview in my country of birth in south america vs doing it in Europe where I'm currently living and working ? Is it faster if I go to my country of birth ?

2) I just checked the cuttoff number for SA is 400 for october, based on that is it possible to predict when is it going to be the interview for a 2017SA000010xx ?

Thanks,

1) btw is there a difference between choosing to do the interview in my country of birth in south america vs doing it in Europe where I'm currently living and working ? Is it faster if I go to my country of birth ?

2) I just checked the cuttoff number for SA is 400 for october, based on that is it possible to predict when is it going to be the interview for a 2017SA000010xx ?

1. Not "faster" in your home country, no. Most people interview where they live.

2. http://britsimonsays.com/dv2017-basic-questions/

Congrats to all the winners of the 2nd draw. I haven't received any email and most likely was not selected. Just have to wait for the DV 2018.

The tweet is correct. They never send an email saying you have been selected. When they send emails, they always simply say that the ESC page has been updated, or to check for an update, or something similar. The web page that you access with your confirmation number is the only official place your are notified of selection.

The tweet is correct. They never send an email saying you have been selected. When they send emails, they always simply say that the ESC page has been updated, or to check for an update, or something similar. The web page that you access with your confirmation number is the only official place your are notified of selection.

I agree with both of you. Yes it is technically correct - but to people not understanding the nuance, it is confusing.

I agree with both of you. Yes it is technically correct - but to people not understanding the nuance, it is confusing.

The point DoS and the embassies try make is that if you receive an email that explicitly says "you've won the DV lottery!" - it's a scam. (I know you know this - but for the benefit of others.)

Not every email always goes to winners, by the way. When DV2012 was redrawn, we received an email telling us of the redraw and to check the ESC page again - we weren't selected in it though - so in that instance they seemingly did indeed send update notices to every entrant.

Are all the 2nd lot winners been notified or this process is followed for few days......anyone has idea on this?

The point DoS and the embassies try make is that if you receive an email that explicitly says "you've won the DV lottery!" - it's a scam. (I know you know this - but for the benefit of others.)

Not every email always goes to winners, by the way. When DV2012 was redrawn, we received an email telling us of the redraw and to check the ESC page again - we weren't selected in it though - so in that instance they seemingly did indeed send update notices to every entrant.

I think 2012 was a special case though...

A redraw is not the same as additional draw though. Emailing all the entrants for DV 2012 makes sense since that was a complete redraw.