• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2017 2nd draw has taken place

I think 2012 was a special case though...

A redraw is not the same as additional draw though. Emailing all the entrants for DV 2012 makes sense since that was a complete redraw.

Sure but the principle is the same: you receive an email saying check for updates. You never get an email saying "you have won" or "you have been selected". Sometimes because you haven't been ;)

Hi again!
In the middle of finalising my online application and I'm not sure if I need to advise about the ESTA visa I received for my holiday to the U.S last year?
Thanks,
Nicole

I've almost completed the DS-260 (fun!), I cant remember exact dates of my previous jobs (months, yes), do I need to be exact?

Thanks,

Nicole

Hi ya'll its been a while... No email sent to me but the page keeps saying session timed out even from a different PC... Was checking two other entries those say "Has not been Selected" Mine Session Timed out... ;););)

Last edited:
Hi ya'll its been a while... No email sent to me but the page keeps saying session timed out even from a different PC... Was checking two other entries those say "Has not been Selected" Mine Session Timed out... ;););)

That glitch was fixed. Now that message just means you are doing something wrong.

Not sure what that means. The selection letters were available already days ago to those in the second selection.

If your update is on the official state.gov site yes it's real.
Did you enter via an agency? ( also confused about the phone numbers, as I recall the selection letter has contact details for KCC)

Yeah I started fresh and checked the government website and it still says I've been selected etc. I completed the ds-260 on my own. Didn't seem that hard to do

I'm going back to the USA from Australia for a month for a holiday, I booked the holiday before I got the email/dvlottery. Is there any issues with going to USA while I wait for kcc or someone to email me back/contact me?

If anyone has a vague idea about the rules in what you can do seeing as I've already booked two trips between now and June 2017 on non refundable tickets mind you haha

Yeah I started fresh and checked the government website and it still says I've been selected etc. I completed the ds-260 on my own. Didn't seem that hard to do

I'm going back to the USA from Australia for a month for a holiday, I booked the holiday before I got the email/dvlottery. Is there any issues with going to USA while I wait for kcc or someone to email me back/contact me?

If anyone has a vague idea about the rules in what you can do seeing as I've already booked two trips between now and June 2017 on non refundable tickets mind you haha

I visited the US after my DV visa selection with no problem, as long as you can demonstrate ties to go back home on each visit it should be ok; I have heard of people being refused entry , however. Depending how things go your June trip may end up being a green card activation trip ;)

Does ASIA region also get second drawing this time? I noticed no new winner of second draw from this region.

Hi someone on polish forum wrote that there was an information about 7700 selectees in 2nd draw (reveal).
Is it true ??? Mayby in future months they will reveal more?

Hi someone on polish forum wrote that there was an information about 7700 selectees in 2nd draw (reveal).
Is it true ??? Mayby in future months they will reveal more?

We probably can't say it is "true" because it will be an estimate based on a survey of numbers. My calculations show about 5200 in EU alone. I think OC got an extra 850. As for the other regions, I don't have enough data to be sure. AF region is slow to react to this sort of event, so the chances are that we are not hearing the full picture yet.

Now - will they reveal more - no. I'm sure they won't. The number increases are already in the "more than enough" range. So - there is no reason to keep revealing more winners.

she is saying that this information was in email which was send to her to check once again status

she is saying that this information was in email which was send to her to check once again status

I have seen the official email. It doesn't mention 7700. This is the text from the email that came from the official source.

“Dear Diversity Visa Program entrant:

Additional names have been added for DV-2017 selection. Please use your unique confirmation number, last/family name, and year of birth to check your status on Entrant Status Check at http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC.
Remember, only internet sites that end with the “.gov” domain suffix are official U.S. government websites. Many other websites (e.g., with the suffixes “.com,” “.org,” or “.net”) provide immigration and visa-related information and services. The Department of State does not endorse, recommend, or sponsor any information or material on these other websites. The Department of State, Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or any other U.S. Government entity will never ask you to send money via email or request that you reply with personal information. The only fee associated with the DV program will be paid at the time of your interview.

U.S. Department of State”

Britsimon what about this??? /romania.usembassy.gov/mobile//pr-09092016-en.html

Last edited:
Britsimon what about this??? /romania.usembassy.gov/mobile//pr-09092016-en.html

So that is obviously an "official" source. However, that does not mean it is accurate. Numbers on press releases, and even the numbers on the selectee letters seem to be inaccurate in general.

As I mentioned, I think around 5200 have been selected in EU alone. There have been large increases in OC (around 850 extra) and SA regions (unclear how many) also. AF region seems "quieter" than I would have expected. Likewise in AS although there have been around 500 additional selectees in Nepal (too many). The main noise in AF and AS seems to be from countries that were limited during the draw (countries like Ethiopia, Egypt, Nepal etc). So it is possible that not all regions were increased by the same percentage. BUT 7700 is likely to have been beaten by EU/SA/OC alone - so I am sceptical of the 7700 number.

Either way, there is no need for any more.

I agree that they have sent e-mails only to new entrants selected as winners.

However, my only question is that is this process done and dusted or will they select more entrants over the coming days?