• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2016 EU Winner (3rd time in my family)

@Britsimon , @vladek15425 Can I ask you another question? When I applied the Highest level of education you have achieved, as of today I put High School diploma. I was a university student back then (I still am). I started university in October 2011. Is this a mistake? Should have I put Some university courses or High Schools Diploma?
If I made a mistake, can I contact KCC and fix the mistake? ( Because I just read this post http://forums.immigration.com/threads/highest-level-of-education-please-help.296764/ )

Last edited:
@Britsimon , @vladek15425 Can I ask you another question? When I applied the Highest level of education you have achieved, as of today I put High School diploma. I was a university student back then (I still am). I started university in October 2011. Is this a mistake? Should have I put Some university courses or High Schools Diploma?
If I made a mistake, can I contact KCC and fix the mistake? ( Because I just read this post http://forums.immigration.com/threads/highest-level-of-education-please-help.296764/ )
High school diploma is just right, snd obviously you will you will mention your university classes on the ds 260.... and so on....
Anyway dont worry about your visa aldo you are safe buddy, you got this ;-)

High school diploma is just right, snd obviously you will you will mention your university classes on the ds 260.... and so on....
Anyway dont worry about your visa aldo you are safe buddy, you got this ;-)
Hahaha Thanks. I've told myself that whatever happens. Even if I dot not get a visa I will not be very disappointed. :)

@AldoBlack, you're good to get that GC. And, when you do, this whole forum will explode with hurrahs! If there is one person who has gone to hell and back for a GC, it's you and your family. This is the Disney happy ending you guys deserve. :)

This is my first time at dv llotary section And I'm here because my mum won the llotary. First of all I wish Aldo all the best. I'm from AL, too.

Secondly, I need your help.
1. Is ds260 due for submitting now after we have been randomly selected or do we expect Kcc to contact first?
2. How about me that I'm over 18yrs And I wasn't included in the llotary application?

Thank you

This is my first time at dv llotary section And I'm here because my mum won the llotary. First of all I wish Aldo all the best. I'm from AL, too.

1. Is ds260 due for submitting now after we have been randomly selected or do we expect Kcc to contact first?
2. How about me that I'm over 18yrs And I wasn't included in the llotary application?

Thank you

Sorry to tell you, but if you were not included, then you will not receive GC.
As for your mom, if you are over 21 years old, then she will still qualify. If you are less then 21 years old, then your mom's application will also be disqualified.

Applicant must enter all children who are under 21 years old.

[

Thank you

Are you under 21 and single?

@EmilyW , hahaha thank you for the kind words. :) :D

@albGC , thank you bro. I wish you and your family best of luck. As for your issue you can ask the people I tagged on my first post. They will help you. :)

Hello everyone
My wife won the DV2016 but there are some issues
My wife is Yemeni citizen and her mom is Ukrainian ... War started in Yemen before 40 days
and Ukrainian embassy called her to Yemen and asks them to evacuate and thanks god they run away to Ukraine
but when she travel with her mom family name in Ukrainian documents
so now she is having two passports Ukrainian and Yemeni with different family names and i am in different country
the main problem that
- her family name in Ukrainian passport not matching the last name entrance in dv2016 she used her father family name and in the passport shows mother family name
is it required to change her name or can she show them her Yemeni Passport with the right information
- I am in different country can my wife make her interview in Ukraine and i do interview in country that i am in or i have to make it with my wife in Ukraine
- marriage certificate written in it that my wife is Yemeni citizen is that problem with US embassy or it's not problem

please I need your advice

Hello everyone
My wife won the DV2016 but there are some issues
My wife is Yemeni citizen and her mom is Ukrainian ... War started in Yemen before 40 days
and Ukrainian embassy called her to Yemen and asks them to evacuate and thanks god they run away to Ukraine
but when she travel with her mom family name in Ukrainian documents
so now she is having two passports Ukrainian and Yemeni with different family names and i am in different country
the main problem that
- her family name in Ukrainian passport not matching the last name entrance in dv2016 she used her father family name and in the passport shows mother family name
is it required to change her name or can she show them her Yemeni Passport with the right information
- I am in different country can my wife make her interview in Ukraine and i do interview in country that i am in or i have to make it with my wife in Ukraine
- marriage certificate written in it that my wife is Yemeni citizen is that problem with US embassy or it's not problem

please I need your advice

She should show the passport with the name that matches the entry. Anything else will probably get her disqualified.

why should the embassy have a problem with her being a Yemeni citizen on your marriage certificate? I presume they already know this from a correctly filled DS260.
It will be much better if you can do your interview at the same embassy at the same time. What did you write on the DS about which consulate you wanted to interview at?

Thanks for your quick replay
first my wife when she entered to ukraine she used her Ukrainian document so sure us embassy they will asks for it and if the family name is different i think it will be problem that's why i am thinking to change her ukranian name in passport to let it match the Yemeni passport
we didn't fill DS260 until we became sure that there are no issue with it
and i want to know what's the last date to fill DS260 ?

Thanks for your quick replay
first my wife when she entered to ukraine she used her Ukrainian document so sure us embassy they will asks for it and if the family name is different i think it will be problem that's why i am thinking to change her ukranian name in passport to let it match the Yemeni passport
we didn't fill DS260 until we became sure that there are no issue with it
and i want to know what's the last date to fill DS260 ?

Well, the time to process DS forms varies, and when you can interview depends on your case number. I would suggest you read some of the general DV info on britsimonsays.com as it is informative and may help you figure out when to submit the DS260.
If you want to change the name on the Ukrainian passport that is fine, the important thing is whatever passport you present must match the entry (and the birth certificate obviously). Actually, I don't think the U.S. embassy will ask for her Ukrainian passport as long as you present a valid one they can put a visa in, but if it makes you feel more comfortable by all means go ahead and do it. It would make more sense anyway to have that as her eventual green card will be in that name.

That's a pity, because your mother should have followed the rules and included you. Because she didn't, she will be disqualified. They are very clear at disqualifying people who do not include all eligible dependents on the entry form. I'm sorry.

Aldo, what an amazing story! Congratulations and lets see what the future holds for you :) I have read so many of your posts with interest, what an amazing turn of events.

All the best for you!

Q

@Qewty , thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it. And everyone who wishes me good luck. thank you, thank you. All your comment make me smile and gives me hope. :D :D

@Britsimon , @vladek15425 , @SusieQQQ there's one other thing. I know, I might bother you with the questions and I apologize for this.
Today I went to my university secretary and just to be sure I asked for verification of my Surname. I have a difficult surname and my father has like 5 surnames in different document. so just to be sure I went and asked the secretary. Looks like they got my surname wrong. :(
My surname is XXXËXXX and in university archives and documents it is XXXEXXX . Ë, Pronunciation as in English is like "alone", but E, Pronunciation as in English is like "let" . It is a big difference. I was really pissed off. :mad: Tomorrow I will bring he my ID Card and passport to change my surname, but the thing is that my surname has been for 4 years and all the documents, university fees, exams I passed etc are signed with surname XXXEXXX. :mad: I also will go and ask in the bank just to be sure. What should I do? As I told you I will go to a lawyer, but I trust you more.

Last edited:
@Qewty , thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it. And everyone who wishes me good luck. thank you, thank you. All your comment make me smile and gives me hope. :D :D

@Britsimon , @vladek15425 , @SusieQQQ there's one other thing. I know, I might bother you with the questions and I apologize for this.
Today I went to my university secretary and just to be sure I asked for verification of my Surname. I have a difficult surname and my father has like 5 surnames in different document. so just to be sure I went and asked the secretary. Looks like they got my surname wrong. :(
My surname is XXXËXXX and in university archives and documents it is XXXEXXX . Ë, Pronunciation as in English is like "alone", but E, Pronunciation as in English is like "let" . It is a big difference. I was really pissed off. :mad: Tomorrow I will bring he my ID Card and passport to change my surname, but the thing is that my surname has been for 4 years and all the documents, university fees, exams I passed etc are signed with surname XXXEXXX. :mad: I also will go and ask in the bank just to be sure. What should I do? As I told you I will go to a lawyer, but I trust you more.

Your education documents are not what establishes your identity. Your birth cert and passport do that. All you need to do for the education documents is show that they are your documents and genuine, so don't worry too much about the name misspelling and if you have anything else as proof of your attendance at the school, take that too to connect the dots.

Your education documents are not what establishes your identity. Your birth cert and passport do that. All you need to do for the education documents is show that they are your documents and genuine, so don't worry too much about the name misspelling and if you have anything else as proof of your attendance at the school, take that too to connect the dots.

@Britsimon , thanks you for the answer. AGAIN. :) I'm afraid because they might not recognize when I put on my documents my degree (or proof that I am student if I am not graduated) along with High School diploma of course. So when I submit DS260 on Surname should I put XXXËXXX and XXXEXXX ?