• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2016 EU Winner (3rd time in my family)

@Britsimon , thanks you for the answer. AGAIN. :) I'm afraid because they might not recognize when I put on my documents my degree (or proof that I am student if I am not graduated) along with High School diploma of course. So when I submit DS260 on Surname should I put XXXËXXX and XXXEXXX ?
On your ds260 you natch to your birth cert, which should match your passport.

By the way, the US computer systems and people might not cope with the stuff going on above the E (forgot the name). But fill in your name with the legal spelling and it might drop later. People here won't know or care about what it does to the pronounciation of your name...

@Britsimon , thanks you for the answer. AGAIN. :) I'm afraid because they might not recognize when I put on my documents my degree (or proof that I am student if I am not graduated) along with High School diploma of course. So when I submit DS260 on Surname should I put XXXËXXX and XXXEXXX ?

As Simon says, you must put what is on your birth certificate/passport. If you don't you will almost certainly be disqualified.

As Simon says, you must put what is on your birth certificate/passport. If you don't you will almost certainly be disqualified.

Yes, of course I will do that. Birth certificate and passport is the same surname. The original one. I was talking about the mistakes in university documents. thanks again for the help. :)

Yes, of course I will do that. Birth certificate and passport is the same surname. The original one. I was talking about the mistakes in university documents. thanks again for the help. :)

Like Simon and Susie said, stop stressing about how the name is shown on the school record. Truth is your GC may actually end up being printed with just the E like you have it on your school record. But be sure to include the different variations on your DS form.

Hi Guys,

Greetings from Albania!
First of all I want to thank everybody for their helpful advices.
@AldoBlack good luck with the DV Processing and the interview (urime dhe puno fort me provimet se Shkencat Kompjuterike është degë e bukur).
@Britsimon @vladek15425 @Sm1smom @EmilyW @SusieQQQ guys may I ask you for some tips? First let me explain my situation.
My wife has been selected for DV-2016 with CN is 10xxx, signed and submitted the DS-260 Form on 23/06/2015.
1. How much time do we have to wait till we get the confirmation for the interview?
2. I got married with my wife on 27/05/2015 so I need to prove my marriage. Is there enough, some photos, phone calls list, Facebook inbox correspondence since 2011, all of these printed in hard copy, to prove my marriage?
3. As per CN 10xxx and as per your experience, approximately when the date of the interview will be appointed because we have started to collect the requested documents and we're afraid that those will expire?
4. If the AOS doesn't provides me the requested forms (I-134 form, 1040 form, W-2 form etc.) at the date of interview, I can change my AOS at the interview?
5. If I can't find an AOS but meanwhile I have enough USD-s to rent a house and cover my daily expenses for 2-3 months, till we get the GC and find a job, do we risk to fail the interview and not getting Visa?

I apologize for all of these questions and I want to thank you all. You're good guys are helpful for everybody.:)

Bye guys ;)

Hi Guys,

Greetings from Albania!
First of all I want to thank everybody for their helpful advices.
@AldoBlack good luck with the DV Processing and the interview (urime dhe puno fort me provimet se Shkencat Kompjuterike është degë e bukur).
@Britsimon @vladek15425 @Sm1smom @EmilyW @SusieQQQ guys may I ask you for some tips? First let me explain my situation.
My wife has been selected for DV-2016 with CN is 10xxx, signed and submitted the DS-260 Form on 23/06/2015.
1. How much time do we have to wait till we get the confirmation for the interview?
2. I got married with my wife on 27/05/2015 so I need to prove my marriage. Is there enough, some photos, phone calls list, Facebook inbox correspondence since 2011, all of these printed in hard copy, to prove my marriage?
3. As per CN 10xxx and as per your experience, approximately when the date of the interview will be appointed because we have started to collect the requested documents and we're afraid that those will expire?
4. If the AOS doesn't provides me the requested forms (I-134 form, 1040 form, W-2 form etc.) at the date of interview, I can change my AOS at the interview?
5. If I can't find an AOS but meanwhile I have enough USD-s to rent a house and cover my daily expenses for 2-3 months, till we get the GC and find a job, do we risk to fail the interview and not getting Visa?

I apologize for all of these questions and I want to thank you all. You're good guys are helpful for everybody.:)

Bye guys ;)

Congratulations

1. Probably around 2NL around October/November for a December/January interview.
2. That will probably be enough. Argue in front of the CO to strengthen the case. :oops:
3. see 1. Yes do not obtain documents too soon (special instructions at Tirana)
4. If you are interviewing in Tirana, they have specific I134 rules - so you should not change at the interview and you should observe the local rules.
5. Tirana want I134(s). Get them.

Read this very carefully and comply.
http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/pk 3 supplements/TIA - Tirana.pdf

I wish all of you good luck and I hope you get the green card. :)[/QUOTE]

Congrats Aldo and I'm very to see that you got selected. This is my second year applying and the first time of not been selected is very sad but this is a mater of luck and I will keep on trying this until i get that message of been selected. Hope it happens soon for me and in the meantime. I enjoy time with friends, keep on working as usual and thinking on getting another MBA.

Best Wishes

Hello everyone,

My name is Aldo and I am from Albania. :)

First of all I want to congratulate everyone who is selected for DV2016, and I hope for everyone who were not selected this year, I hope for them to be selected the coming years.

Last year I was very active member in this forum because my family (my father to be more precise) won the DV2014 2 years ago. @Britsimon , @SusieQQQ , @Sm1smom , @vladek , @vladek15425 helped me a lot through the process (and all other member of course.) and Thank You again. :) I was not qualified for DV Lottery back then because I was 21 years old. But all I care was for my family to go to USA. Last year, on 29th May 2014 we had interview but unfortunately my father's Visa was refused because he did not have proper education and job experience. These was the reasons that US Embassy in Albania told us. It was the second time the my father won the DV Lottery. First time (DV 2004, I believe) we got high CN and we did not get 2nd NL for 200 numbers.

But anyway. In October I applied for my aunt and my girlfriend for DV2016 and I thought to apply for myself. 3 days ago I checked my aunt's and girlfriend's account and they have not been selected, but when I checked my account it always said "SESSION TIMED OUT". I thought it was a bug on one of their servers. I crossed my mind that I might have won but I said "Come on Aldo. Stop dreaming". When I checked last night, the account said that I have been selected (Case number EU22XXX). I was surprised. Third time. I could not believe it.
Although this year I am not as exited as I was on DV2004 and DV2014 when my father was selected. I was very disappointed the first two times.

I have a word for all selectees. Do not be happy because you are selected. It is better not to be selected rather than be selected and then you get high CN or worse your visa get refused. It is far worse and you will be very disappointed. So if you are selected, complete the required forms and keep on with your lives as if you are not selected. I know that it might be impossible and your mind will always be on DV Lottery but keep your mind busy with work, school, friends and family.
This is my suggestion for all of you.

I wish all of you good luck and I hope you get the green card. :)

UPDATE 5 APRIL 2016

Today was my interview date. I did not sleep all night. I just couldn't. :p I wen to the embassy 1 hour before schedule time but I waited outside until the time came.
I entered the embassy and in around 2 minutes my name was called. I made payment and handed over other required document. The embassy lady, from Albania, she was really kind, and later I gave the fingerprints. I waited for nearly 1 hour, and then my name was called for the interview.
The counselor was a young male, HE WAS SUPER KIND. It was more like a conversation with him, not an interview. He asked me about the DV Lottery 2 years ago. I said to him this is the third time for me. He was surprised. When he asked me about my parents, if they are living in U.S.A. I told them that their visa was refused. Of course he was surprised more. He asked me if I have lived abroad more than 6 months and who was waiting for me in U.S.A. And in the end he said:
"E treta, e verteta!". It's in Albanian, which means "Third time, it's the truth!" (It does not rhythm in English). :p "You are going to the U.S.A."
For a moment I lost it and asked myself, "Was the interview successful?", I asked him again and he confirmed it.
I was super happy. :D

I want to thank this forum that has supported me since 2013. Especially the moderators and the volunteers.

@Britsimon , @vladek15425 , @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ .
I apologize if I have forgotten to mention any other name. :)

Woohooo! I remember when your dad was denied. To see that you've now gotten yours.... you could be the DV2016 Winner of the Year, mate! This is brilliant news.

UPDATE 5 APRIL 2016

Today was my interview date. I did not sleep all night. I just couldn't. :p I wen to the embassy 1 hour before schedule time but I waited outside until the time came.
I entered the embassy and in around 2 minutes my name was called. I made payment and handed over other required document. The embassy lady, from Albania, she was really kind, and later I gave the fingerprints. I waited for nearly 1 hour, and then my name was called for the interview.
The counselor was a young male, HE WAS SUPER KIND. It was more like a conversation with him, not an interview. He asked me about the DV Lottery 2 years ago. I said to him this is the third time for me. He was surprised. When he asked me about my parents, if they are living in U.S.A. I told them that their visa was refused. Of course he was surprised more. He asked me if I have lived abroad more than 6 months and who was waiting for me in U.S.A. And in the end he said:
"E treta, e verteta!". It's in Albanian, which means "Third time, it's the truth!" (It does not rhythm in English). :p "You are going to the U.S.A."
For a moment I lost it and asked myself, "Was the interview successful?", I asked him again and he confirmed it.

I want to thank this forum that has supported me since 2013. Especially the moderators and the volunteers.

Congratulations.

In english we say "third time is a charm" or "third time lucky".

UPDATE 5 APRIL 2016

What an amazing story you have!! Congratulations and all the best with the rest.

UPDATE 5 APRIL 2016

Wow Aldo! You did it !!!!!
I'm genuinely happy for you man, your family is proud of you as well as our family forum....
Welcome to the US of A

UPDATE 5 APRIL 2016

Congratulation ... AldoBlack this is really interesting it gave me a smile on my face for over some time like every one said they are happy for you I am really happy for you to hhahahah lol