• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2014 with High Case Number be Happy

Users of this forum surely like to thank all moderators and admins. We have to take a deep breath now and hopefully go on giving a hand one to another in a polite way.
So I am asking all of you to use polite answers/posts

Wow so much heat in this thread, I would love to be part of it now by posting a reply!!!!!!!!!!

and don`t forget to write your case number on the corner of each page and on the envelop

Some says this, some says exactly the other way around. No official explanation asks for writing anything on the corners, so could you please tell me what is in the background of your statement? :)

Thx.

Lol I think everyone is WAAAAAAY too tensed up about the DV (myself included!) and want to get to America ASAP :p

Some says this, some says exactly the other way around. No official explanation asks for writing anything on the corners, so could you please tell me what is in the background of your statement? :)

Thx.

Well, I can't give you reference to an official statement regarding the writing of case number on documents. But, believe it or not, the KCC lady told me this on the phone that I should write my case number on the corner of the pages(documents) that I would send to them.

Agree with gaban. I was told the same thing. But im also pretty sure it was written somwhere. Just cant find it now.

On the notification letter from KCC, it is stated: "Your case number should be clearly written in the upper right hand corner of all documents and correspondence sent to the Kentucky Consular Center."

I have forgotten to put my CN on the documents but i know ppl who did the same mistake and still got GC.

I have forgotten to put my CN on the documents but i know ppl who did the same mistake and still got GC.

People who forgot to write their CN on every page should not worry because it's not like they'll be disqualified or anything. It's simply a precaution just in case pages somehow get detached during processing and officers can locate separate pages easily by looking at CN. A lot of people did not do it and they weren't disqualified for this inane reason.

Due to multiple requests from forum members, raevsky has been banned.

I think this is a pathetic reason to ban an old useful member from this forum... Clearly the reason for people requesting to ban him was his views about DV2014 case numbers which he supported rather well... He based his views on evidence and not on just "trolling" kind of information... He tried to be useful for people, but clearly some found it too difficult to face with reality that their numbers would not become current so therefore decided to get him labelled as troll and ban him with no solid information to prove Raevsky`s theories about Case Numbers wrong just to put their mind at ease... Even if his theory on CN`s is wrong he was just expressing his opinion with backed up evidence which is fair enough.

You basically banned Raevsky on grounds that his views were not "popular" this is truly ridiculous reason, If you only decided to ban Raevsky on grounds that people requested so, you should have at least gave other people like me to express their opinion on the matter because us people who found Raevsky a useful member of a forum would not write emails to you expressing our gratitude towards him unlike the ones who wanted to get rid of him.

I just find that the situation with Raevsky has been handled completely disgustingly, an old member who gives his time away for free to help other people and warn them... Gets banned because his views are not popular, I would understand to some extent if his theories are proved wrong and he gets banned for that but even in that case, humans make mistakes thats what we are...

Giving warnings for vulgar language ect.. is fair enough... but then yet again read posts of many other members of this forum including the ones in this thread, and you fill find much vulgar and offensive language being used and going un-noticed.

I just find it a great shame that such useful forum member has left us, on very silly grounds... I even find it hard to believe that he got banned for what he has... maybe there are personal issues taking place? If so, he should have not been dispatched as a forum "troll"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, agreed. Although what he said may not be always nice to read, I got very useful information from him. I don't really care if he would have named me a 'troll 'or a 'scammer'.... As long as you know you are not, who really cares? I have the impression he's been banned a bit quickly, especially for a 6+ years member.

I think this is a pathetic reason to ban an old useful member from this forum...

I just find it a great shame that such useful forum member has left us, on very silly grounds... I even find it hard to believe that he got banned for what he has... maybe there are personal issues taking place? If so, he should have not been dispatched as a forum "troll"

Hold on there a minute now. You gotta INFORM yourself first, before getting all riled up. This is still USA, nobody gets banned by being unpopular. You should read all the relevant threads, then you would see how he threatened people, and forged PMs to accuse people, and simply lied in order to implicate others not to mention his outlandish claims about other members being fake.

The reason written here does sound like he was banned by popular vote which is not the whole story. Next time, give people some credit.

Hi there! Yep, got here three weeks ago and have green card in my hands already. Life is beautiful ;) currently working in brokers company

Personally, with posts like this... Within 3 weeks of arriving into US already hold a job in brokers company and have GC on hands, when letter given out by embassy mentions that GC can take up to 6 months to get processed.
Does sound to be too good to be true, I wouldnt be surprised if this is a complete lie.

Like you said this is "US" Raevsky has every right to express his opinion about certain people on this forum, this is no reason to ban a person...

Many people in US dont like Obama and accuse/threaten him of many things sometimes they even lie, they dont get jailed for this. They might get warned but not jailed.

btw if you seriously believe in your statement "This is still USA, nobody gets banned by being unpopular" I feel sorry for your naivety. I would like this to be true, but it really isnt and raevsky on this forum is fine example of this.

And about Raevsky accusing people of fraud, there is strong evidence on this forum suggesting fraud does take place..

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
WARNING: The other day I realised that we have in the forum people who are not genuine but are here for other reasons so be warned never to part with any money for favours or meeting with someone who claims to offer a reasonable accommodation especially people who are coming from outside Nairobi. Do your own investigation and pick them from the crowd.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

There are reports of people sending private emails trying to scam each other off...

Raevsky`s claim on people being "fake" can also be true... Because there is a website where you enter your case number and it shows all data about the process.. I plugged mine in, it showed how many people received GC,when,where and even the date of issue of those green cards... If people who Raevsky accuses of being "fake" give their full CN numbers and when you actually check it, it shows it doesnt exist at all... makes you wonder doesnt it.

As a proof of that such website exist that allows you check visa status I give you this image, this is our application...

http://imageshack.us/a/img7/1117/99171364.jpg

Raevsky called fraudsters the people who said they have GC and gave their CN when actually after checking on this website, it turned out to be complete lie.. So what do you call people who say they won Green Card when actually their case number doesnt even exist?

Sorry I had few problems with link...

But still, I can't understand why people get so excited about this Raevsky story. We are not in kindergarten anymore, guys! Chill out, sit back and relax! Isn't it the spirit of aspiring Americans? I really got very interesting and useful info from this guy. He didn't threaten me. I didn't feel hurt by what he said.

Don't be naive. It is not because someone is asking me to send stuff to unofficial email addresses, that I will proceed right away. Read carefully instructions from KCC regarding scams.

And for the ones feeling hurt by his words, what really annoyed you? You could have explained him simply and calmly why you did not give your full CN, or an unregistered one. Isn't it that simple?