• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2014 with High Case Number be Happy

I am sorry Lazder just to let you know i been applying for DV since 9 years, i read every single world in this forum , i won in 2012 with high case number , and i been expose to many situations lawyers in USA, i analys all statistcs in DV since 1995 , and after all that Mr Raevsky was not adding any thing in his thiories and when i ask him are you winner ? said no ? have you been in DV process befor ?said no i don't need it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 so what he was doing when some one win with acase number 45000 he was telling him your chance ZERO what do you call that ???? please BANNING him was the best thing happen in this forum thank you story done

Lol, it is such a pathetic view to judge raevskys ability because he has not applied or won DV process... Immigration Lawyers 99% of the time dont themselves have any experience immigrating... Neither do lawyers/prosecutors judging a murderer, themselves had commit a murder...

What are you even talking about??

What on earth are you saying????

Actually my friend princedriss is technically correct as per my reading below:

The variety of English spoken in the United States is known as American English. English is the de facto national language of the United States, with 80% of the population claiming it as a mother tongue, and some 95% claiming to speak it "well" or "very well". However, no official language exists at the federal level. There have been several proposals to make English the national language in amendments to immigration reform bills, but none of these bills has become law with the amendment intact. The situation is quite varied at the state and territorial levels, with some states mirroring the federal policy of adopting no official language in a de jure capacity, others adopting English alone, others officially adopting English as well as local languages, and still others adopting a policy of de facto bilingualism.

Actually my friend princedriss is technically correct as per my reading below:

The variety of English spoken in the United States is known as American English. English is the de facto national language of the United States, with 80% of the population claiming it as a mother tongue, and some 95% claiming to speak it "well" or "very well". However, no official language exists at the federal level. There have been several proposals to make English the national language in amendments to immigration reform bills, but none of these bills has become law with the amendment intact. The situation is quite varied at the state and territorial levels, with some states mirroring the federal policy of adopting no official language in a de jure capacity, others adopting English alone, others officially adopting English as well as local languages, and still others adopting a policy of de facto bilingualism.

I understand that. However, it is a requirement for citizenship.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that. However, it is a requirement for citizenship.

Indeed mate you are right that it is a pre-requisite for eventual citizenship :)

In fact I think (I may be mistaken) that there is a test before being naturalised as an American.

Whereabouts from the UK are you applying from?

Indeed mate you are right that it is a pre-requisite for eventual citizenship :)

In fact I think (I may be mistaken) that there is a test before being naturalised as an American.

Whereabouts from the UK are you applying from?

I live in Essex, just outside London. I am British (excluded from lottery) but married to a Spaniard (yippee).

I live in Essex, just outside London. I am British (excluded from lottery) but married to a Spaniard (yippee).

Nice one mate :)

I used to live in Northwest London (Willesden Green) for 5 years when I was younger :)

All the best in the DV process! If you make it to the US give us a shout!

Nice one mate :)

I used to live in Northwest London (Willesden Green) for 5 years when I was younger :)

All the best in the DV process! If you make it to the US give us a shout!

I'll be moving there this year anyway. I have a H1-B application being processed (which would be a Oct 1, 2013 entry), and I'm speaking to a couple of universities in California about perm roles with them (which would start earlier). The DV lottery has just made the later transition to perm resident easier.

I'll be moving there this year anyway. I have a H1-B application being processed (which would be a Oct 1, 2013 entry), and I'm speaking to a couple of universities in California about perm roles with them (which would start earlier). The DV lottery has just made the later transition to perm resident easier.

Are you a lecturer or professor? I'm considering either California or Ohio for work related to my field.

Are you a lecturer or professor? I'm considering either California or Ohio for work related to my field.

Neither one. I'm in IT but my skills are in demand with companies that use certain HR and Financials ERP systems (Oracle/PeopleSoft) and those applications are popular among Universities. Universities are interesting to me as they can sponsor H1-B without being subject to the H1-B cap. Having said that, I may well just proceed with the current H1 plan which involves working with my brothers company. Either way works fine.

Yes i saw it bro, there is nothing that is saying english is the official language, that is what we called freedom society.

facepalm... You wont be able to get US citizenship without English. In fact you will struggle to get anywhere without English in USA...

Except for Florida, California, Texas, Arizona, etc where you can speak Spanish and get somewhere...more less.

facepalm... You wont be able to get US citizenship without English. In fact you will struggle to get anywhere without English in USA...

Do you understand english or not ? i am saying :" show me in the US constitution a part that said english is the official language of the United States of America "

I am talking about US constitution not about speaking english in the bar or night club.

Do you understand english or not ? i am saying :" show me in the US constitution a part that said english is the official language of the United States of America "

I am talking about US constitution not about speaking English in the bar or night club.
That's true, lets talk about USA constitution, if anyone saw a place written that English is an official language for the USA just share with us please

That's true, lets talk about USA constitution, if anyone saw a place written that English is an official language for the USA just share with us please

That is what i am talking about, people are talking about citizenship or speaking in the street or whatever, whereas i am talking about THE US CONSTITUTION