• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2014 Entrants

@Qewty best of luck with your exams! My gf is also with exams and not keeping track of this :)))
I will have to take some new university courses to get distracted because it seems like work is not enough :)))))

Hello, last year was my first time applying after a friend suggested it. I am hopeful. I was really disappointed last year but God is good and I moved on. Turned out to be good. I wish u all the best of luck.
Does anyone know when we will find out how many people entered? We knew from early last DV2013.

I dont recall of a release from the USCIS or State Dep about the number of entrants for DV2014 but if they will release one it will probably be in May.
Best of luck for all of you outhere and I hope to personaly meet some of you face to face for a coffee or something on US soil!

I dont recall of a release from the USCIS or State Dep about the number of entrants for DV2014 but if they will release one it will probably be in May.
Best of luck for all of you outhere and I hope to personaly meet some of you face to face for a coffee or something on US soil!

If I get the green card and you do too you can count on me for a coffee :) I would love that

I've been applying for the DV since 2006 every single year...

Eheheh, oh well, one more chance...! ;)

Things could be worse!

Best of luck Corisco and dont give up your dream of having the GC!
One day you will make it happen!
19 days left to DV2014 results

Good luck all, I'm hoping this year will get selected.. if not I can always try again next one. :)

australia is better than USA or no ?

Only thing is I don't like is the hot summers in Australia and still can't stand the heat waves after living in Australia for 5 years + (I'm from New Zealand originally)... But never less, I still always wanted to live in USA.

Only thing is I don't like is the hot summers in Australia and still can't stand the heat waves after living in Australia for 5 years + (I'm from New Zealand originally)... But never less, I still always wanted to live in USA.

I always find it so hard to undertand that people from New Zeland and Australia wanna come live in US !

@Princedriss better or worst is just a personal point of view one may have and most of he time is so personal that any other person will find hard to understand. Some GC pursuers are living a good life in a 'cool' country like Australia or NewZealand and still want to change that for a dream to live somewhere else - the US.
@Kakapo good luck!

@Princedriss better or worst is just a personal point of view one may have and most of he time is so personal that any other person will find hard to understand. Some GC pursuers are living a good life in a 'cool' country like Australia or NewZealand and still want to change that for a dream to live somewhere else - the US.

Yes, that sums it up quite well. Oz and NZ are not perfect for everyone but they're great countries, nothing wrong with living there and never wanting to leave. But some of us want other possibilities and opportunities. We're not fleeing any horrible regime or oppression, we just want to experience something different. I know many people who've never left their hometown and are happy with that. I'm more nomadic and actually like living in different places. I hate the actual moving process (packing, unpacking, the disruption, etc.) but it's exciting being someplace new and different. I don't think I could live in one place forever.

Hey there!

This is my first posting in the forum , I am new (registered yesterday)
After reading for about 4-5 hours on many threads in the forum , I came to the idea of start a new thread were all DV 2014 entrants may post things about why they applied , were are they thinking to locate in US after winning the GC and interview experiences (after the DV interview that will start this summer)

And about me :
- I am a 28 yo Romanian willing to relocate in US as a GC holder (hopefully)
- I will hopefully relocate in US with my girlfriend (Romanian too and DV entrant as well)
- I sent my applications to the DV searching to start a new part of my life in a country (US) that will offer me better options that Europe (I am living and working in Spain since 2008 so I have seen that EU is not on a good path to get out of the crisis and that the reconstruction and vitalization after this crisis will take longer that I want to wait. Another thing, I have some friends in the US - citizens and LPRs)
- We are thinking on choosing LA , SF or NY but other options are taken into consideration like cities in the state of TX or NC/SC
- If I will get to be selected for the interview and I will get the GC but my girlfriend will not be selected, I will relocate to US and she will fill for some other kind of visa because she is currently studying to become an MD (5th years student in a 6 years programme) and after the 6th year she will fill for MD residency in US and a visa accordantly if her GC will not be available

So please be free to post in here. I also like to meet some Romanians - 'romani contactati-ma va rog!' - (that was ' romanians , contact me please!)

Best of luck to all of you on pursuing the dream !

First of all ,we are wishing you good luck buddy the same for your girl friend too. But before you start making plans after arrival to the USA, first wish to be selected .Its not that easy as you think ,thousands of guys here have been applying for more than 10 yrs .its ironical.

Thanks Us_dream! Best of luck to you too! I know that many of the forumers are playing since the beginning. I hope to be on the "lucky ones" team with my girl and win it on the first year!
And I wish you all best of luck!

Forumites,if selected or not pls,pls and pls always make sure you keep going and do not let the results to distract you from your goings.Goodluck.