• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2014 Entrants

alindragos

Registered Users (C)
Hey there!

This is my first posting in the forum , I am new (registered yesterday)
After reading for about 4-5 hours on many threads in the forum , I came to the idea of start a new thread were all DV 2014 entrants may post things about why they applied , were are they thinking to locate in US after winning the GC and interview experiences (after the DV interview that will start this summer)

And about me :
- I am a 28 yo Romanian willing to relocate in US as a GC holder (hopefully)
- I will hopefully relocate in US with my girlfriend (Romanian too and DV entrant as well)
- I sent my applications to the DV searching to start a new part of my life in a country (US) that will offer me better options that Europe (I am living and working in Spain since 2008 so I have seen that EU is not on a good path to get out of the crisis and that the reconstruction and vitalization after this crisis will take longer that I want to wait. Another thing, I have some friends in the US - citizens and LPRs)
- We are thinking on choosing LA , SF or NY but other options are taken into consideration like cities in the state of TX or NC/SC
- If I will get to be selected for the interview and I will get the GC but my girlfriend will not be selected, I will relocate to US and she will fill for some other kind of visa because she is currently studying to become an MD (5th years student in a 6 years programme) and after the 6th year she will fill for MD residency in US and a visa accordantly if her GC will not be available

So please be free to post in here. I also like to meet some Romanians - 'romani contactati-ma va rog!' - (that was ' romanians , contact me please!)

Best of luck to all of you on pursuing the dream !

Again, Win the DV first, then we can talk, instead of putting a lot of "IF", so many millions are applying for DV as well.

:confused::confused::confused::confused: i dont know why a reply in this thread was not posted because i've write it like some hours ago...
can a moderator please take a look...

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, Win the DV first, then we can talk, instead of putting a lot of "IF", so many millions are applying for DV as well.

Princedriss, every year people apply, they get excited, and they sometimes like to share their dreams on here. And that's ok. If none of us posted anything except after we won, it would indeed be a very quiet forum.

Welcome Alindragos :) Thank you for making the thread for those of us who have not yet won, but still wish to think about 'what if?' :)

Q

Princedriss, every year people apply, they get excited, and they sometimes like to share their dreams on here. And that's ok. If none of us posted anything except after we won, it would indeed be a very quiet forum.

Welcome Alindragos :) Thank you for making the thread for those of us who have not yet won, but still wish to think about 'what if?' :)

Q

U are right bro, however, i dont like to dream that much , i always keep myself in the reality, when i applied for DV2013, i totally forget it, i did not give it any chance, after i won , i said yay, but i still keep my self; coz maybe i wont get the interview, so only god knows the future, i cant know what is going on; i only leave it for my creator to show me the path , i just cant dream.

Princedriss, Qewty is not a "bro". She's a "sis".

You sound like a real down-to-earth guy. Nothing wrong with that. Others of us are dreamers. Yes, we get all excited every year, and then our hopes are dashed, but we bounce back and try again.

I think sometimes we need to ask our questions over and over to try to get the possibilities into our heads!

Alindragos, we're playing from Australia, too! Seems like a lot of Aussies are in it to win it!

@ Sukie and Qewty! Thanks for your words! Means a lot to know that people are dreaming just like you and , though this is my first year as a DV entrant , I'm dreaming of being selected to the interview and having the GC as soon as possible.
I'm not playing from Australia but from Madrid,Spain (I am a Romanian working and living in here since 2008)
@ Princedriss I don't know why my last 2 post responding to you are not on the thread but it doesn't matter and I will not try to post them again. Your answer is harsh and I don't think is ok not to dream because dreaming is the thing all peoples have done before discovering or achieving things!

@ Sukie and Qewty! Thanks for your words! Means a lot to know that people are dreaming just like you and , though this is my first year as a DV entrant , I'm dreaming of being selected to the interview and having the GC as soon as possible.
I'm not playing from Australia but from Madrid,Spain (I am a Romanian working and living in here since 2008)
@ Princedriss I don't know why my last 2 post responding to you are not on the thread but it doesn't matter and I will not try to post them again. Your answer is harsh and I don't think is ok not to dream because dreaming is the thing all peoples have done before discovering or achieving things!

I dont like to dream too much, because simply i will get depressed if am not selected or am not getting lucky. Bro, my advise is to apply and forgeeeet about ur application , live your life normally , until u get the answer.

Good luck for everybody from the most pessimist guy lol

I dont like to dream too much, because simply i will get depressed if am not selected or am not getting lucky. Bro, my advise is to apply and forgeeeet about ur application , live your life normally , until u get the answer.

You sound a lot like my hubby. He is always saying "we don't stand a chance". Whatever I tell him! It's good to dream about things but I understand you. That's you it's good to be down-to-earth, then if you win the GC you are very very happy and can make plans.

We didn't think we stood a chance at all, due to the fact my husband got selected in that botched DV2012 draw. We applied for the DV2013 one anyway and surprise, surprise, I got selected. The very next year. So never say never. And don't stop dreaming.

All the best to everyone.

Do you ever buy a lottery ticket ? :) My advise is to apply and not forget, just today I saw a guy in a forum who just found out he was selected in October :)

exactly. better dont forget. but definitely dont have too many hopes. i totally forgot about the whole lottery thing after i applied. was in US having different things to do. only the day before the results were released i met a friend that reminded me what the 1st day of may means. i remember i was trying to check the website but it was so busy i couldnt get through. but when i finally managed to do that i was shocked like never before.
but if i didnt meet my friend i would totally let it go... and that would have been a big mistake :)

I don't think Princedriss means totally forget, I see what he means, just to have it somewhere in the back of your mind while you get on with the life you have, WHERE you have it at the moment. I have days where I simply don't think of it at all, although I do pop into this forum as a habit (I have an interest in immigration generally, not just DV). I have huge dreams and love to think about the possibilities sometimes because it makes me smile and to be honest, as an Australian applicant I still have a good chance of winning :) Having said that, getting on with the life you have away from America is healthy too (I have just started a 3 year degree at Uni). It's all a personal choice, and if it makes it easier for you to cope by not focusing on it that's just who you are :)

No matter how we all cope, plan, dream, focus or otherwise occupy ourselves, we all have the same thing in common; we would all like to win and move over and we all have that dream at one point.

Cheers

Qewty

I got selected in the DV2013, my case number is 70k , which is high, maybe my interview will be at august. Everyday i check this forum since i got selected, but trust me guys , i am not that optimistic even that i got selected, i taught my self in this life to trust only what i see. The day when i am going to get the visa between my hand from the consulate is the day when my dreams will start. I have bachelor and master from USA and i have done now decent years of professional experience, my immigration in USA will be a blast for my career and life, but i think i should go step by step, i got selected now, so i need to get my interview and visa, then the dreams will staaaaaaaart

I look forward to the day very much when you post that you have your visa in your hand. :)

Q

i also applied for the dv lottery 2014.. May 1st is a massive day for me.. This site has helped alot, i got dreams too. If u say u did nt dream about this, then u actually not beign honest.. So yea.. I hope and pray iam selected this yr.. It'll will mean alot as a firstimer.. I got my confirmation number stamped on my wall in my rum so i see it everyday. Its just a reminder of my goals :) so help mE GOD

is it true that the earlier the application the higher the chances and also thosewho apply early get low CN?

@cathyliss As Princedriss said , it's a false assumption and that's because when applying , the registration service is giving you a random entry of numbers and letters... after that , things are the same, on a random decision, because the computer will select randomly from all available and good entries and giving CN's accordingly...Only one rule will be kept as far as I know : the computer will select entrants from all regions giving no more than 7% of the visas to a country and giving about 80% of the visas to Europe and Africa entrants