• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Congratulations to fjelltronen & winner2008 and everybody else who got their welcome letter/GC. Now, feeling that you guys want to leave the forum makes me worried.
Thank you very much guys for offering your help and opinion. I really appreciate your suggestions and supports.
I talked to my lawyer and consult with a few more lawyers. All said, at this point the situation without I-864 (affidavit of support) is too risky. They advised me to get the money that USCIS said, transferred to U.S. bank. Fortunately, I got the money transferred by the support of my family overseas. And my response to their RFE will be in their office tomorrow.
Hopefully, this is going to be over soon.

Am glad u got that straightened out. They'll have no choice other than to approve your case.
I can see you receiving the approval notice mid next wk and please change ur name when u get it if you don't mind. :D
Praying for ya.

budluck2: I am a DV2009 winner, I have read some of your posts, you are a fighter man, I wish you the best of lucks, just don't give up !!!!!!

But I can't do that, because my number will be current in October only. Are they gonna have updated one anytime soon?

You need not worry about the date. USCIS usually allow a few months grace time on the forms lifespan. So put the expiration of the forms out of your mind, since USCIS to date has not re-issue new forms and given guidence on new forms being in circulation

Hi everybody,

I cannot believe it, we got the "card production" email yesterday. I want to thank everybody in this forum for sharing information and for their support. I was not optimistic about our case at all, especially because our case # was so high.

badluck2, keep hope and do your best. Hopefully, we will hear good news from you soon.

Congratulations! This is great! :D

I received the welcoming letter yesterday :) It was dated September 4th. :) It's so unbelievable ... I was prepared for the worst and thought that I'll have to "fight" until the last moment. but, everything resolved by itself :):)

CONGRATULATIONS! Finally, it happened :D Go out and celebrate.
I'm hoping to hear some good news from badluck2!
Congrats again

Congratulations to fjelltronen & winner2008 and everybody else who got their welcome letter/GC. Now, feeling that you guys want to leave the forum makes me worried.
Thank you very much guys for offering your help and opinion. I really appreciate your suggestions and supports.
I talked to my lawyer and consult with a few more lawyers. All said, at this point the situation without I-864 (affidavit of support) is too risky. They advised me to get the money that USCIS said, transferred to U.S. bank. Fortunately, I got the money transferred by the support of my family overseas. And my response to their RFE will be in their office tomorrow.

Badluck, we're with you all the way! we won't leave until you get it! Then we'll ALL be happy! :D

FINALLY going back home

Well, I booked a flight to go home for a week, it's not long but I have not been there for 7 years!!! I'm so excited. I can finally do it without worrying about immigration :D
I will try to check the site from time to time and I really really really really hope that when I do, badluck, you would have received your welcome letter and changed your name to "goodluck" "Fighter" "Yahoo!!!!!" or something :D
I'm glad that you were able to transfer funds. I hope they won't come back with some ridiculous request now. I know you'll get it, we all did, it is now your turn! I admire your persistence and patience.
Well, I wish everyone all the best, just in case I don't check on you guys next week ;)

badluck2, thank you very much. We do not leave this forum until we hear the good news from you.

But I can't do that, because my number will be current in October only. Are they gonna have updated one anytime soon?

U don't have to wait till October. U can send it now since your number is current in October.

Last edited by a moderator:

We are with you all the way. Never lose hope...all is well!

Thank You

Thanks, Guys !

My SSN card also has "valid for work only with ins authorization". I'll have it changed once I receive the GC. Glistenpearls, how is the request called ? there is a special form ? (i'll have to do some research)

Badluck, we won't leave this forum now that we got the approvals. We're here for you !! So, your i-864 reached the local office, right? And money should not be a reason for denial. Did you talk to any congressional office? [They were the ones who did wonders for me.]

Maconcita, have a safe flight home !! :) I'd like to go sometime also. I have been thinking about it for 1/2 year now.

Winner2008, my letter came 4 days after it was issued. (but, i also got a online status update e-mail that day) You'll probably get the letter this week (if not today, Friday or Saturday) :)

Thanks again for all your wishes !!

Badluck2, it'll all work out. There's no reason not to. There's still time. You cannot let yourself be overwhelmed by worry or anxiety.

It looks like I have to apply for a replacement card. Form SS-5 @ http://www.socialsecurity.gov/online/ss-5.pdf

Hi Fjelltronen, you dont need to fill any form. Simply go to SSA office bright and early (the queue in my local office is already long one hour prior they open the door :( ), and bring your GC, other forms of ID (driving license) and your SSN card. The process takes about 5 minutes...and it's free. You will get your new card (with the same number) within 10 days.

Hi Fjelltronen, you dont need to fill any form. Simply go to SSA office bright and early (the queue in my local office is already long one hour prior they open the door :( ), and bring your GC, other forms of ID (driving license) and your SSN card. The process takes about 5 minutes...and it's free. You will get your new card (with the same number) within 10 days.

Thanks ! I'll do that. First, need to receive the GC :D

Do I need to fill I-134, I am a H1-B holder and employed in US?

thanks.

Quick answer is yes. There is a memo out there that mentions about using I134 for DV based cases. But a lot of misinformed officers have asked for I864 affidavits and in a lot of cases especially if you are employed, they don't even ask for any forms. We had sent in a letter from employer with salary etc., previous year's tax forms and recent pay stubs.

I know this is a long thread, but I suggest reading through the posts on this thread. You will get a good idea of the whole process, requirements etc. and links to memos etc. on this thread and will help answer most of your questions.

I appreciate all of you guys for your support and being with me on this forum till the end of this hard way. But, I can not control my stress at this time. There are only 12 business days remaining!!!!
Maconicita, enjoy your time. I know how exciting is going to be for you to visit your home after a long time.
Fjelltronen, I did not file I-864 because my sponsor still is out of country. I show USCIS the money, $ 87,500, transferred from overseas to my U.S. bank account based on their instructions on RFE (Request for Evidence). And send them the memo, linked below, that DV applicants are exempt from filing I-864. It is clearly mentioned on page 4-5.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/AffSuppAFM062706.pdf
Winner2008, congratulations and enjoy your relax time now. I don’t know if I can take a deep breath and say oh it is over soon.

DV-2009 winners, who want to do AOS. I have these advises for you.
1- Please make a copy of this memo and take with you to the interview and show that to your interviewer if they ask for I-864. Make sure there is no update to this memo. You can find it on USCIS web site if there is any update.
2- Ask your sponsor to make two original forms of I-134 for you and keep one with yourself. Or, make a certified true copy (notary officer can do that for you) of your original I-134 and take that with you to your interview. Because in my case USCIS lost my original I-134 and I had a copy of that during interview. They did not accept the copy. But certified true copy is valid as original.

Good luck every body