• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

do you have her contact information? My case is similar, nothing changed since Monday other than the date. It still says fingerprint fee received. I don't want to panic yet! Hopefully if your case is pending, it might mean pending draft of the welcome letter/GC? This is so confusing. I thought I would know by now where all of this is heading, unfortunately we're still in the dark (most of us)
Good luck dv2008gh!

Actually, the Missouri Service Center sent me the email that my case is pending and I should contact my local office about it. I hope to hear something about the case by the end of this week. Have you heard anything yet?

I have been waiting for this moment since January. Finally, I have received the welcome letter. That means it took 9 months to get through the AOS process. If I had a chance to change the decision for CIP in the first place or whatever it is called, I would choose CIP. People, the AOS might be very frustrating for some of people, including myself. Do not play this lottery anymore, I mean the decision to adjust status here in the USA. The best way is to go home and pass through the interview in one single day. I had probably about 10 infopass meetings and probably 10 phone calls to Customer Service. Only for gasoline to have an infopass interview, I spent probably USD 200 and these trips took more than 40 hours. I do not mention a dozen of sleepless nights that leaded to loss in productivity. Make a wise decision, if you have a choice.

I have been waiting for this moment since January. Finally, I have received the welcome letter. That means it took 9 months to get through the AOS process. If I had a chance to change the decision for CIP in the first place or whatever it is called, I would choose CIP. People, the AOS might be very frustrating for some of people, including myself. Do not play this lottery anymore, I mean the decision to adjust status here in the USA. The best way is to go home and pass through the interview in one single day. I had probably about 10 infopass meetings and probably 10 phone calls to Customer Service. Only for gasoline to have an infopass interview, I spent probably USD 200 and these trips took more than 40 hours. I do not mention a dozen of sleepless nights that leaded to loss in productivity. Make a wise decision, if you have a choice.

Congrats! man. You are very right about CP.

Congratulations! I second you about AOS and CP! It's so hard to do it here. I thought it would be easier since we're already here, but was I wrong!!!!!!
Congratulations, hope we're next...

This AOS vs CP issue is very individual. Both ways have pluses and minuses, and each one should carefully decide for himself. For me, personally, CP is a worse choice, so I am going the other way.

it took 9 months to get through the AOS process.
Not that much of a problem when time is not a factor at all.

People, the AOS might be very frustrating for some of people
The same can be said about CP.

The best way is to go home and pass through the interview in one single day.
For you - yes, it may be the best way, but why mislead people for whom AOS can be better?

Only for gasoline to have an infopass interview, I spent probably USD 200
Come on, what is $200 compared to thousands you'll have to spend for the trip across the ocean?

AOS works out for alot of people and a few just get caught up in the system. I got my greencard in my hands 4 months after i submitted my application which was pretty darn lucky. But like u said, if someone can afford to do CP, go for it.

I tend to agree with the last two posts. It is all dependent on the individual and how much time you have for the DV based case and for the most part, from people who have done their AOS on this thread, only a few have had issues with name check. For the others it was all pretty seamless as long as you have submitted all the necessary paper work. And another thing to keep in mind other than the expenses for CP Vs AOS, is (as far as I know) there is no appealing if your CP gets denied where as it might be possible to appeal a negative decision in case of AOS. Also, I don't think there is an easy way to check the progress of your application in the case of CP (again as far as I know) where as there is some way (although at times not very useful) of checking and expediating your application in the case of AOS.

Nazarov, did your case status online change at all before you received the welcome letter or not? My case status is not changing AT ALL and I'm starting to worry (dv2008gh is on that boat too). I just want to know whether the case status online is always accurate or if I should expect something in the mail without the case status online (uscis site) being updated.
thanks

Got a phone number from the web and I was told by the local office that my case was approved on the day of the interview and I should call again tomorrow if it is not reflected on my online status today. :)

I checked there and it is still pending. Though, in the welcome letter is said that the application was approved on August 21st. That tells me that one should not rely on on-line status.

I did not mean that AOS is worse compared with CP, finally I found out the correct spelling for the second one. I only meant that it is sometimes too frustrating. Especially, when you stop by an infopass interview and always get the different set of information. Regarding to the interview it was actually funny and I think the adjudicator was a great guy. My son who is only eight years old and who spent the most of his life here in the USA, after 10 minutes of the interview said loudly "Dad why we should be in this boring place, let's go home". The adjudicator started kinda joking about all this process and chatting with my son. After the interview the officer said that my name had not been cleared by the FBI, yet, so I have to wait for couple of more days, because on the day of interview it had passed only 175 days since they sent my name for the background check. I went home with my bored son and continued watching Olympic Games. If I did CP, probably I could get the GC on May and avoid many funny but frustrating events of my life.

Got a phone number from the web and I was told by the local office that my case was approved on the day of the interview and I should call again tomorrow if it is not reflected on my online status today. :)

You're kidding? that is EXCELLENT NEWS! you've just made my day. I live on that website, check it every minute :)
I hope i'll get something soon, this wait is eating me alive:D
got to go back to a meeting. thanks everyone!

That was a relief! Not long now, you should get your card soon ;)

Although we received our cards, the online status for me says card production ordered and for my spouse says welcome notice sent. So can't really rely (and don't worry too much) on the online status.

I think one thing that we should probably add to the FAQ of AOS processing is to get the contact number of the local office during the interview. Whether the officer approved the case right then and there or not, I think it is always good to pop the question - "whom can I contact in case I don't hear anything regarding my case?". I was given a local number that I could call and they were extremely helpful - unlike the national customer service number.

What number was that? Could you share so that I can call them as well, PLEASE :eek: :D

What number was that? Could you share so that I can call them as well, PLEASE :eek: :D

I googled "local office" USCIS phone number and I was trying all the numbers I had from the search. Most of the numbers were disconnected but that one really worked.

I called all the numbers i could find for the Baltimore office, NOTHING.
I hope it's been approved and processed and that the USCIS case status online is not showing the update!
If anyone has the Baltimore local office number, please share :)
thanks

Hi, try the following link the phone # in google map is (410) 637-4850‎
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...+MD&fb=1&view=text&latlng=1869215314063360954

good luck

badluck2 thank you so very much for the number. I tried it although it's too late and it's not working! :mad:
Oh well, we're going to the beach tomorrow since we are too tired... hopefully we'll have a nice surprise when we get back. I won't check uscis, nor my emails, nothing. I'm going to SLEEP and FORGET for a couple of days!
thanks everyone