• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

why would anyone need to carry their GC at all times? I never carried my visa with me at all times? then why GC?
thanks

Why GC? Because the government clearly states that on the paper that comes with the greencard.
Does everyone carry their greencard with them? Absolutely not.
Do i intend to carry Mine? Maybe when am going outta town but i'll probably have a copy of it in my car at all times just incase and then the original at home undearneat my pillow.LOL:D

Well, it's done. I can't say that it is over since I didn't get a stamp on my passport. My experience is different from your Glistenpearls but similar to dv2008gh.
My husband and I were there at 6:50a.m., we stayed in the car until about 7:15 then headed there. We had to stand in line outside since their offices were closed. when we went in, of course, we went through security then were told to head to the right office. Once there, the officer at the registration window took our appointment form and asked us to wait. we waited from about 7:35 to 8:20. Both our names were called at 8:20 (note that my hubby and I had different appt. times: 8 and 8:30). We walked in to the officer's office, she was extremely friendly. She asked me to stand up (I was so eager to finish I sat before everyone, ready to roll :D ). We took the oath that we're saying the truth. She said she'll start with my husband, open his file asked for his name, date of birth, parents' names, address, last entry, whether he was married or not, whether he had kids or not, his wife's birthday, where he worked, what he did, the name of the company, when he started with them and the questions on the I485 application (she only asked 3 or 4 of those). She asked for his proof of legal status, he gave her the H1B form (copy). she took his diplomas, then said it all looked good and will PROBABLY be approved. Then was my turn, but of course, before she started with me, she remember that since we didn't bring our lawyer, that we needed to sign a form stating that she told us our rights and that we wave a lawyer's presence. We did so then she opened my file. I was so anxious, I forgot many things. Thank God she asked the same questions she asked my husband, so while he was answering his, I was trying to remember my answers :p
She asked the exact same questions as my husband's. She then said that it all looked ok. We wanted to show our diplomas but she said no worry, she only asks to see them from people that seem "shady" and we didn't to her :D .
She told us that it was great, that we should expect an approval letter in the mail soon and the card later on. My husband asked if he should cancel his application with his current job (he applied for his GC through work as well) and she said no need, let it run its course unless it's costing him money. then I asked if she needed our passport to stamp, she said they didn't do that in Baltimore, some offices do, but not here. I asked if there was a number available, she didn't say anything, she said, "stop worrying and stop with the questions, i will probably approve this file today, so stop worrying". Thank God my husband was in control and remembered to ask about our name checks, she looked through the file again and said "Yep, all clear :D"
We walked out, neither happy nor sad. I guess I understand dv2008gh's reaction. When we wait so long (in my case over 14months since the first letter) you at least expect something in hand stating that it's over. I'm sure we'll get something soon, but a word right now is not worth the card!
I'll keep you posted. I hope my experience will help others in this situation with an interview in Baltimore. We had A LOT of papers, but the only thing she asked for were our passports, our proof of legal status (H1B) and our diplomas!
Good luck everyone. Badluck, your up next, it'll go great! :D

I'm happy it all went well :). Sorry I didn't wish u luck...had a big problem this weekend and an interview today. I haven't had any update yet...hope something will happen this week for both of us.

Congratulations guys, maconcita and Glistenpearls,:)
Celebrate your happy day and I pray for every one to have a happy life after all these stressful days. I am very worried about my interview day because I don’t know what will happen.:confused:

Celebrate your happy day and I pray for every one to have a happy life after all these stressful days. I am very worried about my interview day because I don’t know what will happen.:confused:

I'll tell you what will happen.
"You'll go in, swear to say the truth, give them your ID and passport, your proof of legal stay. The officer will then say, it all looks good, I will approve this case, you will receive your welcome letter in the next few weeks..." :D
good luck my friend, I will pray for you tomorrow.
by the way, if all goes well, which it will, are you changing your username to goodluck2?;)

I'm praying for you ;) I hope all is going/gone well!

I'm happy it all went well :). Sorry I didn't wish u luck...had a big problem this weekend and an interview today. I haven't had any update yet...hope something will happen this week for both of us.

Nothing yet of course for me! I hope you'll hear something soon!

Medical Examinations

Do we need to get all the Vaccinations listed in the Part 5 of Medical Examinations of i-693 form.
I contacted the health center and they don't provide all the Vaccinations. Please share your experiences.Thanks

Yes because in my understanding USCIS just recently change the requirements (more vaccines to take)--it didnt apply to us 2008 winner though. Where do you live? I went to ProMed, not sure if they are available in your state. The worse case if they dont provide certain vaccines, you may want to contact your nearest hospital.

Do we need to get all the Vaccinations listed in the Part 5 of Medical Examinations of i-693 form.
I contacted the health center and they don't provide all the Vaccinations. Please share your experiences.Thanks

I went to the doctor's and got all of my shots done since I didn't want any to happen (them not accepting my doctor's report of vaccination). I didn't complete any forms since the doctor's office I went to completed all shots and gave me a sealed envelope with the results to send directly to USCIS. I hope this helps! There are so many steps to this, it's crazy. You get the lottery winning notice and you get all excited only to find out that the road is SO LONG... Good luck to you my dear

Thanks for the info - Glistenpearls and maconcita.
Congratulations to you guys.
Looks like its gonna be a long wait and could be a hassle too.

I will be getting my medicals done next week in Washington DC area, they will charge around $300 for everything, more if xray is needed.

Thanks for the info - Glistenpearls and maconcita.
Congratulations to you guys.
Looks like its gonna be a long wait and could be a hassle too.

I will be getting my medicals done next week in Washington DC area, they will charge around $300 for everything, more if xray is needed.

are you in MD?

Hi DvWinner09,

Check the DV2009-AOS thread. There is a file with the vaccination requirements by age.

Well, it's done. I can't say that it is over since I didn't get a stamp on my passport. My experience is different from your Glistenpearls but similar to dv2008gh.
My husband and I were there at 6:50a.m., we stayed in the car until about 7:15 then headed there. We had to stand in line outside since their offices were closed. when we went in, of course, we went through security then were told to head to the right office. Once there, the officer at the registration window took our appointment form and asked us to wait. we waited from about 7:35 to 8:20. Both our names were called at 8:20 (note that my hubby and I had different appt. times: 8 and 8:30). We walked in to the officer's office, she was extremely friendly. She asked me to stand up (I was so eager to finish I sat before everyone, ready to roll :D ). We took the oath that we're saying the truth. She said she'll start with my husband, open his file asked for his name, date of birth, parents' names, address, last entry, whether he was married or not, whether he had kids or not, his wife's birthday, where he worked, what he did, the name of the company, when he started with them and the questions on the I485 application (she only asked 3 or 4 of those). She asked for his proof of legal status, he gave her the H1B form (copy). she took his diplomas, then said it all looked good and will PROBABLY be approved. Then was my turn, but of course, before she started with me, she remember that since we didn't bring our lawyer, that we needed to sign a form stating that she told us our rights and that we wave a lawyer's presence. We did so then she opened my file. I was so anxious, I forgot many things. Thank God she asked the same questions she asked my husband, so while he was answering his, I was trying to remember my answers :p
She asked the exact same questions as my husband's. She then said that it all looked ok. We wanted to show our diplomas but she said no worry, she only asks to see them from people that seem "shady" and we didn't to her :D .
She told us that it was great, that we should expect an approval letter in the mail soon and the card later on. My husband asked if he should cancel his application with his current job (he applied for his GC through work as well) and she said no need, let it run its course unless it's costing him money. then I asked if she needed our passport to stamp, she said they didn't do that in Baltimore, some offices do, but not here. I asked if there was a number available, she didn't say anything, she said, "stop worrying and stop with the questions, i will probably approve this file today, so stop worrying". Thank God my husband was in control and remembered to ask about our name checks, she looked through the file again and said "Yep, all clear :D"
We walked out, neither happy nor sad. I guess I understand dv2008gh's reaction. When we wait so long (in my case over 14months since the first letter) you at least expect something in hand stating that it's over. I'm sure we'll get something soon, but a word right now is not worth the card!
I'll keep you posted. I hope my experience will help others in this situation with an interview in Baltimore. We had A LOT of papers, but the only thing she asked for were our passports, our proof of legal status (H1B) and our diplomas!
Good luck everyone. Badluck, your up next, it'll go great! :D

Congratulations maconcita. Your long journey is finally over!!

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. My interview is also going to be in Baltimore.... but for me the journey is just beginning.

Jarev

Congratulations maconcita. Your long journey is finally over!!

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. My interview is also going to be in Baltimore.... but for me the journey is just beginning.

Jarev

Jarev,
Luckily, your number is very low, so you'll experience everything quite early. As you know, Baltimore is one of the toughest USCIS offices, they're not very nice, but fortunately, the lady we interviewed with was great and very helpful. As long as you have your paperwork done and that you can prove your legal stay (that you've always been in status) and your education level, you're good to go.
It will be over soon. It's not yet over for me my friend, soon, but not yet ;)
Good luck from the bottom of my heart :D

are you in MD?
maconcita, Jarev
Good luck to you maconcita, you'll get over with it soon
I will be sending my documents to chicago lockbox, as my number came up for October :)

I am in Northern Virginia, Do you have any idea how is the USCIS/interview process is here?
Jarev, Also about the vaccination, won't it be enough if you get everything mentioned on I-693?

maconcita, Jarev
I will be sending my documents to chicago lockbox, as my number came up for October :)

I am in Northern Virginia, Do you have any idea how is the USCIS/interview process is here?
Jarev, Also about the vaccination, won't it be enough if you get everything mentioned on I-693?

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with USCIS in northern VA, but we're close enough that it should be the same as Baltimore. I guess Baltimore is such a big office that they see people all the time and are becoming rude by the day. My sister in law lives in VA and dealt with that office and said that it was fast and done well. the only thing is you'll probably have trouble scheduling an infopass if need be, I don't even think they have infopass in that office.
Hopefully you won't need that!

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with USCIS in northern VA, but we're close enough that it should be the same as Baltimore. I guess Baltimore is such a big office that they see people all the time and are becoming rude by the day. My sister in law lives in VA and dealt with that office and said that it was fast and done well. the only thing is you'll probably have trouble scheduling an infopass if need be, I don't even think they have infopass in that office.
Hopefully you won't need that!

I just tried to schedule one, the only date available is August 25 (nothing in september) when I clicked on it, it said that nothing is available :(

maconcita, Jarev

Keep in mind that you do not need all the vaccines listed on the I-683. That is going to depend on your age (and in one or two cases your sex). It is also going to depend if you have immunization records from your country.

As a second source, you can also check the vaccination requirements that the US Embassy in London has on its web page. I am sure that the requirements are the same for the rest of the world.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/vaccinechart.html

What I would suggest you is to check the vaccines that you need (based on your age) and then check your vaccination records from your country. If you are missing some, call the local health department and check if you can get those vaccines from them. Sometimes you can get the vaccines free or for a fraction of what you would pay at the doctor's office.

Just my two cents....

Last edited by a moderator: