• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

A small update on my end: My husband's I131 (travel authorization) was approved today! his I131 application has been approved (the I131 only) and they mailed the approval notice today. Mine is still pending, but oh well. We don't really care about the I131 but this means that his file has been touched, and since he's the winner, that is a good sign.
What I wonder now is, does this mean that his name check cleared??? :confused:
So many questions, I can't wait for Monday morning :)

Normally, National Benefit Center issues Advance parole and EAD for DV AOS applicants. As I received it from them not local office and they issued it while my local office was saying that my name check still pending. So, I guess AP issuance has nothing to do with name check. At least, it was this way in my case. However, I hope your name check is cleared by now:).
I am preparing my documents for interview too.
Be relax maconcita and Good Luck with your interview.

Normally, National Benefit Center issues Advance parole and EAD for DV AOS applicants. As I received it from them not local office and they issued it while my local office was saying that my name check still pending. So, I guess AP issuance has nothing to do with name check. At least, it was this way in my case. However, I hope your name check is cleared by now:).
I am preparing my documents for interview too.
Be relax maconcita and Good Luck with your interview.

I knew that was true (not having anything to do with name check) but I wanted to make sure.
I'm preparing my documents as well, I have sooooooo many :D
I can't wait for Monday, I know it's coming soon. I hope it's going to be a nice day! :)
Thank you badluck2 and good luck to you too! Have a great weekend

3 more days Maconcita!!!
You will be fine, don't worry too much and enjoy your weekend. My husband and I carried 2 thick folders with us..but nope..didnt get to rummage through them really. Sending lots of lucks for you :)

3 more days Maconcita!!!
You will be fine, don't worry too much and enjoy your weekend. My husband and I carried 2 thick folders with us..but nope..didnt get to rummage through them really. Sending lots of lucks for you :)

Thank you so very much Glistenpearls. I'm trying to get it off my mind and will try to enjoy the weekend. My husband took today off to go through the documents so that we're ready. I'm sure it will all go well, if not, then it wasn't meant to be.
I wanted to mention the fact that my brother-in-law is indonesian as well. My uncle is married to an indonesian and her brother is married to my sister. I lived with them a long time until I got married a few years back! :D

Haha..small world! I used to go back to Indonesia for vacation when I was still at school in Australia, but now I don't have my family there anymore though I still have some relatives. I've been away from Australia for 17 mths, I'm so dying to see my close friends and family again.

Its funny about your husband is not working today-my husband and I spent whole night tidy up our paperwork the day before the interview..should have taken a day off like your husband.

Haha..small world! I used to go back to Indonesia for vacation when I was still at school in Australia, but now I don't have my family there anymore though I still have some relatives. I've been away from Australia for 17 mths, I'm so dying to see my close friends and family again.

Its funny about your husband is not working today-my husband and I spent whole night tidy up our paperwork the day before the interview..should have taken a day off like your husband.

I can't take it off, if I did, we would kill each other. He over analyzes everything while I just want to get everything done! He'll have everything ready and I'll review it!
Well, I keep you posted. I hope all will be well.
I hope you'll get to go back to Australia soon ;)

hey guys I have a question I got interview on Aug 12 and now My I485 status only is "we ordered production of your new card". I also applied for I765 the ststus online is "we have approved this I765 " my question is that mean my GC got approved or not. and if it approve what card I use to apply for the job and if I got GC I can go leave the country right? hmmmm mmm thksss

Questions regarding interview

Hi guys,

Finally we (me, my wife and children) got our interview letters. The interview is scheduled for Aug. 22nd. We were on vacation when the letters were mailed, so we have only a few days to get prepared. I have a few questions and would appreciate any help from you.

1) We got separate letters for each of us, although the date and time of the interview is the same. Does this mean that we may be interviewed separately?

2) A long list of required documents is attached to the letters. One of the documents is Affidative of support (form I-846). As far as I know I-846 is for family based GC applicants, but some people in this forum have suggested we should sign form I-134 for our children. Is this required?. My wife and I both can present eployment letters, and our total income is well above the poverty line.

3) The last item in the list states: "If you have ever been arrested, for each arrest, bring related police report and the original final court disposition, even if the charges have been dismissed. If no court record is available, furnish a letter from the court with jurisdiction indicating this". My question is about the last sentence. None of us has ever been arrested, do we need to get a letter from court saying that there is no court record available or this is only required for people who have been arrested.

I really appreciate any help or suggestion.

winner2008,

My husband and I also received separate letters however mine with separate time. But dont worry, when you get there you are suppose to give the 2 letters to the officer anyway and when they called you out it will be together not separate.

I'm not too sure about question 2 & 3, because I didnt experience that and in fact they did not ask for specific request except to bring all original documents. I'm sure someone else can help you with that :)

Good luck!!

Maconcita,
It's your big day tomorrow!!! I'll be thinking of you!!!!

Thank you Glistenpearls, It is indeed a big day. but as you experienced, I'm relaxed, anxious, but not as hyper as I was last week. I'm leaving it up to God and whatever happens, happens.
Thank you so much for your support. I truly hope I'll have good news to share with everyone tomorrow. if you don't hear from me tomorrow, that means I was too upset to share :eek:
It will be alright.
talk to you all then... Good night :D

winner2008,

My husband and I also received separate letters however mine with separate time. But dont worry, when you get there you are suppose to give the 2 letters to the officer anyway and when they called you out it will be together not separate.

I'm not too sure about question 2 & 3, because I didnt experience that and in fact they did not ask for specific request except to bring all original documents. I'm sure someone else can help you with that :)

Good luck!!

Glistenpearls,
Thank you so much for your reply. I am glad that you guys are getting your GCs.

Hi guys,

Finally we (me, my wife and children) got our interview letters. The interview is scheduled for Aug. 22nd. We were on vacation when the letters were mailed, so we have only a few days to get prepared. I have a few questions and would appreciate any help from you.

1) We got separate letters for each of us, although the date and time of the interview is the same. Does this mean that we may be interviewed separately?

2) A long list of required documents is attached to the letters. One of the documents is Affidative of support (form I-846). As far as I know I-846 is for family based GC applicants, but some people in this forum have suggested we should sign form I-134 for our children. Is this required?. My wife and I both can present eployment letters, and our total income is well above the poverty line.

3) The last item in the list states: "If you have ever been arrested, for each arrest, bring related police report and the original final court disposition, even if the charges have been dismissed. If no court record is available, furnish a letter from the court with jurisdiction indicating this". My question is about the last sentence. None of us has ever been arrested, do we need to get a letter from court saying that there is no court record available or this is only required for people who have been arrested.

I really appreciate any help or suggestion.

Q1. I'm filling by myself, so I cannot help with Q1. Glistenpearls had some suggestions.

Q2. I was also asked for I-864 even though I submitted employment letters and bank statements. I asked a friend of mine to fill the form for me (just in case). He filled it as my 'only joint sponsor'. However, I was never asked for it during the interview. See if you can find somebody to fill the form for you. I'm not really sure how to go about the financial support of your children.

Q3. My interview letter stated 'If you have ever been arrested, for each arrest, bring related police report and the original final court disposition, even if the charges have been dismissed'. I've never been arrested. I had a 'certificate of no criminal record' from my home country which I submitted with my application. In the meantime, I got a second 'certification of criminal history record information'/'texas criminal history record' from the state of Texas. I went to the Texas Department of Public Safety website and I requested to review my personal criminal history record. For Texas, I had to get my fingerprints taken and submitted and then I received the certification that 'no criminal records were found' by mail. I'm not sure if you have enough time to get this certification from the state you live in, but I would try to have it with me for the interview. [I had this document with me when I was interviewed, but I did not have to show it.]

Hope this helps.

My interview experience in Baltimore Maryland AOS DV 2008

Well, it's done. I can't say that it is over since I didn't get a stamp on my passport. My experience is different from your Glistenpearls but similar to dv2008gh.
My husband and I were there at 6:50a.m., we stayed in the car until about 7:15 then headed there. We had to stand in line outside since their offices were closed. when we went in, of course, we went through security then were told to head to the right office. Once there, the officer at the registration window took our appointment form and asked us to wait. we waited from about 7:35 to 8:20. Both our names were called at 8:20 (note that my hubby and I had different appt. times: 8 and 8:30). We walked in to the officer's office, she was extremely friendly. She asked me to stand up (I was so eager to finish I sat before everyone, ready to roll :D ). We took the oath that we're saying the truth. She said she'll start with my husband, open his file asked for his name, date of birth, parents' names, address, last entry, whether he was married or not, whether he had kids or not, his wife's birthday, where he worked, what he did, the name of the company, when he started with them and the questions on the I485 application (she only asked 3 or 4 of those). She asked for his proof of legal status, he gave her the H1B form (copy). she took his diplomas, then said it all looked good and will PROBABLY be approved. Then was my turn, but of course, before she started with me, she remember that since we didn't bring our lawyer, that we needed to sign a form stating that she told us our rights and that we wave a lawyer's presence. We did so then she opened my file. I was so anxious, I forgot many things. Thank God she asked the same questions she asked my husband, so while he was answering his, I was trying to remember my answers :p
She asked the exact same questions as my husband's. She then said that it all looked ok. We wanted to show our diplomas but she said no worry, she only asks to see them from people that seem "shady" and we didn't to her :D .
She told us that it was great, that we should expect an approval letter in the mail soon and the card later on. My husband asked if he should cancel his application with his current job (he applied for his GC through work as well) and she said no need, let it run its course unless it's costing him money. then I asked if she needed our passport to stamp, she said they didn't do that in Baltimore, some offices do, but not here. I asked if there was a number available, she didn't say anything, she said, "stop worrying and stop with the questions, i will probably approve this file today, so stop worrying". Thank God my husband was in control and remembered to ask about our name checks, she looked through the file again and said "Yep, all clear :D"
We walked out, neither happy nor sad. I guess I understand dv2008gh's reaction. When we wait so long (in my case over 14months since the first letter) you at least expect something in hand stating that it's over. I'm sure we'll get something soon, but a word right now is not worth the card!
I'll keep you posted. I hope my experience will help others in this situation with an interview in Baltimore. We had A LOT of papers, but the only thing she asked for were our passports, our proof of legal status (H1B) and our diplomas!
Good luck everyone. Badluck, your up next, it'll go great! :D

Well, it's done. I can't say that it is over since I didn't get a stamp on my passport. My experience is different from your Glistenpearls but similar to dv2008gh.
I'll keep you posted. I hope my experience will help others in this situation with an interview in Baltimore. We had A LOT of papers, but the only thing she asked for were our passports, our proof of legal status (H1B) and our diplomas!
Good luck everyone. Badluck, your up next, it'll go great! :D

congratulations, maconcita !!!

Question

Until now, all my communications with the senator/congressman's office were done by fax/mail.

Last week, after my interview, I sent them letters which mentioned the success of the interview and my (still) pending name check.

I'm also planning to hire a lawyer. I met with one who advised me to first seek help from the senator/congressman (cheaper) and if nothing is achieved in 2 weeks, then hire him. He also mentioned that I should go in person to the senator/congressman office, not communicate in writing. I can see how they would be more inclined to help if I go there in person [not that they didn't help me until now ... because I wouldn't have had my interview if it wasn't for them].

My question is "Do I have to make an appointment?" or just drop by hoping that the person in charge of immigration issues is there.

Thank you, although, there is still nothing tangible! Good luck to you, I want to be able to congratulate you too :D, I have a feeling I will do so very soon :)

Let's hope so ! :) Thank you for your good thoughts !!
With your name check cleared, there's nothing that can prevent you from receiving the GCs. Congratulations !