• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Congrats Maconcita!!
No more interview for you YAY, I'm still obsessed to see changes in my case status online and you probably do now too :p

Congrats Maconcita!!
No more interview for you YAY, I'm still obsessed to see changes in my case status online and you probably do now too :p

You guessed it! I'm constantly checking. My husband's file has been touched by someone since the date changed to today, mine is still July 7th!

Ahhh I know! I guess I will stop checking when I get the cards.
Btw, my status online did change a few hrs after interview to "under review" remember that? But for the status to change to "card production" it actually took another week after my interview. So I wouldnt worry too much :) though I was super paranoid at that time.

Ahhh I know! I guess I will stop checking when I get the cards.
Btw, my status online did change a few hrs after interview to "under review" remember that? But for the status to change to "card production" it actually took another week after my interview. So I wouldnt worry too much :) though I was super paranoid at that time.

My husband's is being worked on, mine not yet. did your husband's status change after the interview as well? my husband is the winner so i'm guessing they're processing his faster?
As soon as I get the welcome letters, I'll be happy and celebrating :D

OMG Maconcita and everyone
We just received our green cards on the mail..I still cannot believe it. I can truly say this process is NOW over. Thank you for everyone who's been helping me along the way, I will keep checking back to see everyone's progress!!

Oh by the way, my status and husband's always being updated together even though I'm the principal.

OMG Maconcita and everyone
We just received our green cards on the mail..I still cannot believe it. I can truly say this process its NOW over. Thank you for everyone who's been helping me along the way, I will keep checking back to see everyone's progress!!

OMG!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm SO VERY happy for you and your husband.
GO OUT, CELEBRATE.
Hey you guys, we're next... :D

Thank you, we will!!!
He's scanning them right now and we will make color copies this afternoon before putting both of the original to safe deposit in the bank..haha..yes we are paranoid.

Your turn will be soon I promise...your interview was only 11 days after me.

Thank you, we will!!!
He's scanning them right now and we will make color copies this afternoon before putting both of the original to safe deposit in the bank..haha..yes we are paranoid.

Trust me, we'll be doing the same thing! All of our turns will come in time. Congratulations though, one down, many others to go :D
Don't forget this experience though, remember how hard it was to get, you'll cherish it more... :D

Thank you, we will!!!

By the way, is it really green? :D Just kidding :D

Nope! Just the word permanent resident is green the rest is just off white...you wouldnt believe how ugly my photo was haha...have to live with it for 10 yrs :p

Thank you, we will!!!

congratulations but remember that u have to carry ur card on u at all times.Thats the law.
Some people are scared about losing their wallet or something; But if you've had ur drivers license for years and never lost it, u'll be just fine with the greencard in ur wallet.

congratulations but remember that u have to carry ur card on u at all times.Thats the law.
Some people are scared about losing their wallet or something; But if you've had ur drivers license for years and never lost it, u'll be just fine with the greencard in ur wallet.

Haha you are right John. I guess I 'baby' it more because the degree of difficulty of obtaining the GC and the fact that it will take few months to replace should I lost it, whereas with driving license you can just turn up to your nearest DMV and request for a replacement.
Thanks for reminding me :)

why would anyone need to carry their GC at all times? I never carried my visa with me at all times? then why GC?
thanks

I have a question that might seem stupid, but, is there a site, other than USCIS where you can check your status?
I checked my status by login in the USCIS site where all my MSCs are listed. the I485 date was finally changed but once I click on the details it still is the same (listing July 7th, fingerprint fee received).
Should I be looking somewhere else?
thanks

I have a question that might seem stupid, but, is there a site, other than USCIS where you can check your status?
I checked my status by login in the USCIS site where all my MSCs are listed. the I485 date was finally changed but once I click on the details it still is the same (listing July 7th, fingerprint fee received).
Should I be looking somewhere else?
thanks

nope.thats all the info has 4 u for rite now