• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

^^^^ Congratulations dv2008gh!
Did they tell you why there's no stamp? In my case they give me stamp because they took my EAD and I-94 away..I wouldnt be able to proof to my employer that I'm authorized to work without that stamp.

Thanks Glistenpearls. :) Actually, I didn't ask why. They didn't take the I 94 away and my EAD hasn't been approved yet. Told me the case has been approved and if in 30 days I do not receive the GC I should contact them.

I feel so left out now :( I still have a few days until my interview. I'm glad badluck is on the same path as me. By next week, we'll both post that we got approved as well. right badluck ;)

Maconcita, we're still with you till the 18th. Hopefully by next week Friday, there will be a lot of good news from all those having their interviews next week.

Maconcita, we're still with you till the 18th. Hopefully by next week Friday, there will be a lot of good news from all those having their interviews next week.

Thank you so much, that makes me feel better! :D
I will keep all of you posted, I can't wait to have all of this behind me and the card in my hand :D I worked hard for it! I've lived here since 1997, I think it's about time I get green! ;)
Thanks again for your support, this forum and thread have been wonderful!

OMG you totally deserve it! Since 1997?? I only been in the US since early last year, already I feel the journey for the GC is such a long one. I totally agree that it is about time for you! ;)

Case status update

Hi guys,

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to everybody for successfully passing their interviews and getting their GCs. I really mean it !! CONGRATULATIONS, GUYS !!! It's a very big accomplishment. It's due to your very good luck (to be selected as winners among the 6 mil. other people that applied and to have a mostly smooth processing of your application here in US) and, in some cases, to your ability to speak to USCIS personal and to your tenacity to follow through and to possibly other things.

I've been reading this forum for some time now. I sent my application in December ... which probably makes me the "oldest" person here ... I'm seeing a lot of new people now - everybody with applications from my time period have their green cards. I guess MikeM is still around ... Congratulations, Mike !!! I saw your messages. I'm glad you got it.

I also had my interview this morning (my appointment was made 2 months ago at the request of my congressman's office).

It was a very smooth interview. I had a bunch of documents prepared. I was only asked for different forms of identification. The officer went through the information I put in the I-485 form. He verified: names, DoB, status, last entry, parents' names, some of the questions from page 3 of the form, my signature, my medicals, DV winner notification.

Because my namecheck is still pending, he could not approve the case. He did make a note in my file to request for the name check to be expedited (based on DV). For me, this translates into --- and I sincerely hope I'm wrong --- (1) send the name check expedition request in a week from now, (2) let's say, wait 3 more weeks for the results to come -- there's no guarantee on how long this will actually take, (3) give another week for the case to be approved [once the namecheck results are in], (4) 2-3 weeks to receive the GC.

However, I honestly don't have any hopes left. There are exactly 7 weeks left for this fiscal year. It's been already 9 1/2 months since I sent my DV-AOS application.

I am happy that my interview today was successful. This was a required step in the processing of the case and I'm glad it was done now rather than after the namecheck results were in. Having an experienced officer looking over my case and asking for the namecheck expedition is certainly a good step forward.

Because of my experience with the DV-AOS processing, I'd like everybody who received their GC consider themselves very lucky and have a great feeling of achievement.

Hi guys,

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to everybody for successfully passing their interviews and getting their GCs. I really mean it !! CONGRATULATIONS, GUYS !!! It's a very big accomplishment. It's due to your very good luck (to be selected as winners among the 6 mil. other people that applied and to have a mostly smooth processing of your application here in US) and, in some cases, to your ability to speak to USCIS personal and to your tenacity to follow through and to possibly other things.

I've been reading this forum for some time now. I sent my application in December ... which probably makes me the "oldest" person here ... I'm seeing a lot of new people now - everybody with applications from my time period have their green cards. I guess MikeM is still around ... Congratulations, Mike !!! I saw your messages. I'm glad you got it.

I also had my interview this morning (my appointment was made 2 months ago at the request of my congressman's office).

It was a very smooth interview. I had a bunch of documents prepared. I was only asked for different forms of identification. The officer went through the information I put in the I-485 form. He verified: names, DoB, status, last entry, parents' names, some of the questions from page 3 of the form, my signature, my medicals, DV winner notification.

Because my namecheck is still pending, he could not approve the case. He did make a note in my file to request for the name check to be expedited (based on DV). For me, this translates into --- and I sincerely hope I'm wrong --- (1) send the name check expedition request in a week from now, (2) let's say, wait 3 more weeks for the results to come -- there's no guarantee on how long this will actually take, (3) give another week for the case to be approved [once the namecheck results are in], (4) 2-3 weeks to receive the GC.

However, I honestly don't have any hopes left. There are exactly 7 weeks left for this fiscal year. It's been already 9 1/2 months since I sent my DV-AOS application.

I am happy that my interview today was successful. This was a required step in the processing of the case and I'm glad it was done now rather than after the namecheck results were in. Having an experienced officer looking over my case and asking for the namecheck expedition is certainly a good step forward.

Because of my experience with the DV-AOS processing, I'd like everybody who received their GC consider themselves very lucky and have a great feeling of achievement.

congrats to you too on your successfull completion of the interview! Hopefully your name check will clear in the coming weeks ... If it is of any consolation, my name check from my employment based AOS had been pending since July 07 as of May 08 when I went for an Infopass. As far as I know it was still pending when I went for the interview. And I came to know that it cleared last week of July. My guess is they requested for it to be expediated and it somehow came through ok in time. Also, in our case after it came through the files were in the officer's "working drawer" or something as per the rep whom I spoke to for atleast 3 weeks. And only when I mentioned about Sept 30th deadline did he put me on hold and came back and told me that he spoke to his supervisor and will have somebody work on my case in the next couple of days. Needless to say, within 48 hours my spouse got card production ordered email and I got it in another 48 hours. I hope you have contact numbers to the office you attended the interview. If not check the earlier link that I had posted to see if you can find a number for the office you attended the interview and get somebody at the office to check on your status. In our case the local office staff (whom I could call only once a week during a scheduled 485 status check time slot) were very helpful. Anyways good luck!

Hi guys,

A lot of us indeed very lucky to have smooth process and after reading your story :mad: I'm forever grateful for this opportunity.
I sincerely hope something great will come out after such a long wait on your end--hang in there and please keep us posted!

I feel so left out now :( I still have a few days until my interview. I'm glad badluck is on the same path as me. By next week, we'll both post that we got approved as well. right badluck ;)

Thanks maconcita. You are right.
Congratulations to every one who got their approval or any step future toward the success.
I still have doubt about my name check. I know that I should not be paranoid but I pray for myself and everyone else who got stuck in this hassle.

Hi guys,

I'm sure everyone is very thankful for such an opportunity, I know I am. I'm still waiting to complete the interview and my biggest fear is the name check. You have to keep the faith, I'm sure, in time, something will happen and your name will clear. If you look through the different threads, they are now working faster, getting interviews out and cards produced. they know they have to get their 50K number and will work hard to get to it. Call, email, contact people, be persistent, that is the only way to get things done. I honestly hope you'll have some good news by the end of this month.
I'll be praying for you and everyone struggling through this process...

OMG you totally deserve it! Since 1997?? I only been in the US since early last year, already I feel the journey for the GC is such a long one. I totally agree that it is about time for you! ;)

I'm used to it now. I went from a J1 to an F1 to OPT back to F1 then OPT then H1... This GC, hopefully it will come, will certainly make life easier and I can finally relax knowing that I can switch jobs easily, I can buy a house... I have many "other plans" in case GC doesn't work, but I HOPE IT WILL. I don't like any of the other plans as much as I like and want the GC.
I guess I'll know soon right? :D
So, anyone watching the Olympics?

ok, did anyone fill a I134 form for him/herself? I have all of my documents ready (I20s, employment letter, financial documents from bank, W2s...) My husband completed a I134 affidavit of support for me but not for himself (I am working as well as he and we make enough). are we missing any other forms? i don't want to go there to find any surprises.
If you think of any forms that you took and think I should take, please let me know.
Thank you so very much :)

ok, did anyone fill a I134 form for him/herself? I have all of my documents ready (I20s, employment letter, financial documents from bank, W2s...) My husband completed a I134 affidavit of support for me but not for himself (I am working as well as he and we make enough). are we missing any other forms? i don't want to go there to find any surprises.
If you think of any forms that you took and think I should take, please let me know.
Thank you so very much :)

We had taken marriage certificate, birth certificate, diplomas, prior EADs, recent pay stubs, etc. - but none of this was asked. Good Luck!

However, I honestly don't have any hopes left. There are exactly 7 weeks left for this fiscal year. It's been already 9 1/2 months since I sent my DV-AOS application...

Man, DON'T GIVE UP! Go to local Senator and Congressman offices right away!
Have copy of FBI namecheck related memos with you! Push them to make official expedite request to FBI and USCIS. I was told that federal agencies have to make official responce to congessman and senator in a 30 days.
Explain them again clearly about sunset provision cases and importance of adjudicate case till Sep 30.
I really hope everything will be all right with your case.

Cut Off Number For Europe 2009 October Is 6600 Very High And Nice Numbers For Other Region Check The State.gov Best Luck To U All

A)S - Police Certificates

Hi All,

Do I need to have police certificates from my home country/USA, while submitting I-485 to chicago lockbox?

Sorry, it this questions has been answered previously..I couldn't find one.?

Thanks a lot.

Hi All,

Do I need to have police certificates from my home country/USA, while submitting I-485 to chicago lockbox?

Sorry, it this questions has been answered previously..I couldn't find one.?

Thanks a lot.

No you don't need to. It doesn't hurt, especially if you don't have any criminal records, to submit one but it's absolutely unnecessary.

Update

A small update on my end: My husband's I131 (travel authorization) was approved today! his I131 application has been approved (the I131 only) and they mailed the approval notice today. Mine is still pending, but oh well. We don't really care about the I131 but this means that his file has been touched, and since he's the winner, that is a good sign.
What I wonder now is, does this mean that his name check cleared??? :confused:
So many questions, I can't wait for Monday morning :)

Where is everyone?

ok, so no updates from anyone today?
dv2008gh, did anything change for you? was your online status updated?
I hope everyone is doing well. I hate this waiting game!:rolleyes:

ok, so no updates from anyone today?
dv2008gh, did anything change for you? was your online status updated?
I hope everyone is doing well. I hate this waiting game!:rolleyes:

Nothing yet. I've been checking all day. I just don't like this waiting but I hope to see at least a status update next week.